Live by the blitz, die by the blitz

Grinch

Dec 6, 2010, 9:31:47 PM12/6/10
Jets pressure holds Brady to 4 of 9 in 1st Q.

Pats have 4th and 3rd at end of 1st Q.

Rex brings Big Blitz ... 25-yd TD pass ... 0-17.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 7, 2010, 10:57:37 AM12/7/10
In article
<9f255c29-c9dc-43a9...@e4g2000vbi.googlegroups.com>,
Grinch <oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote:

Grinch, I had the sense to be embarrased and turn off the game.

Which DB was victimized by the TD pass? Did Darrell and Cro at least
take out Hernandez and Welker or did Rex play a zone relying on quick
thinking and reactions by the POS Eric Smith and the prone to mistake
Brodney Pool?

JetsLife

Dec 7, 2010, 9:21:31 PM12/7/10

Yes yes yes. It seems the Jets blitzed too much. It's almost like they
took an irrational tack with no Leonhard: let's blitz a lot and expose
our weakened secondary unit to nightmarish man coverage. I'd of much
preferred a 1-man rush all game and flooding the field from 5 - 20 yds
with defenders. Let the Pats run and dink and dunk down the field,
don't give em man coverage explosion pass play oppties.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Dec 8, 2010, 11:02:43 AM12/8/10
In article <oc6uf6h6prrf2f911...@4ax.com>,
buRford <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> They were in a zone most of the game. Watch it.
> They blitzed in this game, less than they have.
> In this game it was the zone that killed... not the blitz.
> But, it sure does make a good subject line.

But it ignores the point you are making. With the best tandem of cover
CBs in the league this team played zone most of the time against the
league's most accurate short and medium distance passer (except perhaps
for Peyton). I have not evidence but my lying eyes, but I think Drew
Coleman is another player who does better in man than in zone.

Turning off the game so quickly, I did not notice this. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

harlan

Grinch

Dec 8, 2010, 1:24:35 PM12/8/10
On Dec 8, 12:38 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> They were in a zone most of the game.  Watch it.
> They blitzed in this game, less than they have.
> In this game it was the zone that killed... not the blitz.
> But, it sure does make a good subject line.

Regardless of the rest of the game, did you watch the play the subject
line was about? The one that put 'em down 0-17?

Regarding the rest of the game:

In the post-game the press asked Brady what the keys were to having
such a great performance.

The two things he said were: They brought a lot of heavy blitzes we
were able to take advantage of ... we were able to get good matchups
against their man coverage.

I just watched it again, yup, that's what he said.

Maybe he was lying to try to fool us for next time.

John Vamp

Dec 9, 2010, 1:57:01 PM12/9/10
On Dec 6, 9:31 pm, Grinch <oldna...@mindspring.com> wrote:

Brady was 3 for his first 8. He then completed 18 of his last 21. So
whatever the Jets were doing...clearly it wasn't working.