Jets off season moves... I like it !!!

Michael

Aug 10, 2011, 10:57:26 AM8/10/11
Seems like many fans dont like the moves the Jets made this off
season. I like them all VERY much.

1. Mason is an upgrade over Cotch. I think a nice upgrade. He is
good enough to be a # 2 if Plax does not arrive.
2. B. Edwards was productive, but he is not a singular "must have"
talent. He also does not seem to be able to stay out of trouble.
Also condier that when he gets a contract, he may go right back to
dropping balls.
3. Plax. So long as he does not get injured, this could be a VERY nice
addition. Small risk, high reward. Again... They were smart to get
Mason if Plax craps out.
4. Brad Smith.... Bye Bye Brad... Special teamers are not worth 4mm.
And take the wild cat with you.
5. Cromartie: Wiffing on Nnamdi was a black eye for Tanny, but they
came through with plan B. As an unintentional plus, Cro has a chip on
his shoulder and is jacked up to outplay Nnamdi. He may just do it.
7. Strickland: Love it. If he stays standing he is an excellent cover
guy.
8. Poole. Love it... great depth and was really coming along in the
Jets syste. Those additions REALLY put the db's in good shape. No
worries AT all in the defensive backfield.
9. Ellis... Ouch !! This one sucks, because Ellis had a lot left in
the tank... BUT... probably not for much longer. This game ends for
everyone. If Wilkerson pans out, Ellis wont be missed and the Jets
save money.

Also want to say... Devito and Pouha are not *journeymen*. Both of
them are bona fied statign qualty dt's. The problem is that neither
of them were true two gappers. That is, I think why we did not see
Pace and BLT get to the qb more often. They had double duty. If
either Wilkerson or K. Ellis is good enough to draw a double team...
watch out... The word is thus far that Wilkerson is going to be
fantastic right from the get go.

IMHO... This is the best defensive roster the Jets have had since Rex
came on board.

The offense is not up to Plax working or not working. It is up to
Green, McKnight and above all, Sanchez. Lets also hope that Tom Moor
has some good advice for Shotty