Stupid question about the new stadium's name

Michael

May 25, 2010, 3:56:08 PM5/25/10
With all of Woody's ties to Johnson & Johnson, why would they not be
one of the companies interested in buying the name rights to the new
stadium ???

JK Coney

May 25, 2010, 8:37:48 PM5/25/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> With all of Woody's ties to Johnson & Johnson, why would they not be
> one of the companies interested in buying the name rights to the new
> stadium ???

He OWNS the company.... he owns the team. Why take more money out of his
pocket when he can get someone else to pay a ridiculous sum for it?

--
JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Message has been deleted

Ritchie

May 26, 2010, 8:45:28 AM5/26/10

Even though he would be using his own money, I think that would be a
nice FU to the Giants!

Glenn Greenstein

May 26, 2010, 9:30:53 AM5/26/10
On May 25, 3:56 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:

After years of the Jets playing in Giants stadium, I am sure there is
an agreement that neither owner would name the stadium.

JMac

May 26, 2010, 9:49:33 AM5/26/10

And now that the Super Bowl has been awarded to the new stadium, the
naming rights should sell fairly quickly. Call me cynical, but I
think that's the only reason they got the SB.....to make the stadium
more attractive to a potential sponsor.

Glenn Greenstein

May 26, 2010, 10:57:03 AM5/26/10

I really don't think that makes a difference. Look at all the SB's
that have been played in Miami and that stadium name changes about
every 2 years.

papa.carl44

May 26, 2010, 11:45:55 AM5/26/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Maybe that's why it changes? It's a hot property and attracts the attention
and CAN be renamed. I don't see folks fighting over The Silver Dome.

Glenn Greenstein

May 26, 2010, 11:53:23 AM5/26/10
On May 26, 11:45 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Glenn Greenstein" <lexa...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

It changes even when there is no SB planed. For a year it was called
Land Shark Stadium after some beer company. If it was such a hot
stadium it would attract someone like Budwiser, not some skunk beer
nobody has ever heard of.

papa.carl44

May 26, 2010, 11:29:28 PM5/26/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Nobody ever heard of ? Like Ray, you don't get out much. I haven't had a
drink in over 23 years, but my playing music and going to hear it takes me
to lots of places where they serve alcohol....and lots of places serve Land
Shark and it is regarded as an upscale beer. It is actually made by
Anheuser-Bush and is the House Brand for Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville
Chain...hence it's connection to the Dolphins....that relationship was
enough to kick it into gear and it is now Nation wide. I don't think they
have any difficulty finding someone to pay for the rights to that Stadium
name ever for a couple of years...that was the deal that Buffet and
Anheuser-Bush struck with them...and it worked.