Wow you guys are right...

MZ

Oct 23, 2011, 3:15:17 PM10/23/11
Hunter is baaaad. Has anyone ever seen him and Anthony Clement
together in the same room?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

MZ

Oct 24, 2011, 10:04:02 AM10/24/11
On Oct 24, 9:18 am, "JohnC\(TX\)" <johnctxjetss...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hunter is baaaad.  Has anyone ever seen him and Anthony Clement
> > together in the same room?
>
> Funny but what did you see?  Was it pass blocking or run blocking?  Did he
> give up the one sack?

I only watched the 2nd half. I saw continuous inability to pass
protect on the right side. Sanchez did a pretty decent job of
stepping up in the pocket or shifting out, but the pocket often
collapsed by that point.

John C TX

Oct 24, 2011, 10:40:16 AM10/24/11
I have to focus on that stuff as I am too busy worrying about the
outcome of the play. I will watch the replay.

Thanks

MZ

Oct 24, 2011, 11:17:12 AM10/24/11
In two cases that I remember (there were probably more), they relied
on the backs to solely pick up the OLB/DE on the offensive right
side. Not assist Hunter, but be solely responsible for the incoming
rusher. That, to me, doesn't seem particularly wise, because these
backs aren't very good at it (LT was out by this time). That's on
Schott. :p

On one of those plays, which I remember because they showed the replay
a couple times for whatever reason, it was Conner I think who
whiffed. Where was Hunter? Standing there like a doof not blocking
anybody.

Hunter is not in-tune with Brandon Moore, the other blockers, or his
QB. He sucks.

Papa Carl

Oct 24, 2011, 11:35:40 AM10/24/11

"MZ" <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote in message
Agreed...it is hard to get on Sanchez too much with the level of the pass
protection, still....his accuracy is off.

Papa Carl

Oct 24, 2011, 11:38:27 AM10/24/11

"MZ" <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote in message
And that is what I see too....Hunter standing around at the end of some
plays.....Conner is not as good as Richardson was and Greene looked better
at blocking, but not up to LT. Still....the backs are compensating for poor
O line play at some spots...the O line is not in synch, esp. when backs have
to deal with DE's as much as they do....that is not a good plan and will
absolutely wear down a RB.

MZ

Oct 24, 2011, 2:06:37 PM10/24/11
Yeah. Thing is, on this one play I'm thinking of, the back's primary
assignment was to block the rusher. Makes sense, all teams do it.
Here's the problem...

1) the tackle is supposed to start on the inside, and when there is
nobody to block, he is supposed to kick out and help with the edge
rusher. Hunter didn't do that because he took himself out of position
by assisting with the block on a guy that Moore had swallowed up at
the LOS.
2) teams tend to do this a lot on quick drops. That didn't appear to
be the case here. I'm really uncomfortable with that. Most backs
lack the size and blocking prowess to hold these blocks (I've only
seen a handful of HBs do this consistently well, Corey Dillon being
one of them).

John C TX

Oct 24, 2011, 3:47:51 PM10/24/11
How bad is Ducasse if that is the case? What idiot thought Hunter was
a starter?

I guess that I can take comfort in that it took Woody sometime to tun
into a tackle. Who am I kidding?

Papa Carl

Oct 24, 2011, 7:33:26 PM10/24/11

"MZ" <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote in message
Great diagnosis...and what is interesting is this is a system that is fairly
universal at other levels too. By pure position what you describe is where
a tackle should be. You saw what I did and saw in other games too...he
looks lost and you can see guys go past him to the outside....he should be
going to that man when the inside is covered. And...you can tell by
position they have the back set up to take the immediate inside rush....some
guys are good at it too....I think it wears a RB down a lot.