Tanny on the radio re: TJ

Tutor

Mar 12, 2010, 9:31:02 AM3/12/10
repotrtedly, Rosenhaus called the Jets and gave them a chanced to
match the offer from KC and they declined it.

Boomer & Carton asked Tanny and he didnt deny it.

Tutor

Mar 12, 2010, 9:37:01 AM3/12/10

Tutor

Mar 12, 2010, 9:48:55 AM3/12/10
> http://www.wfan.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4...

LOL at the suggestion to inject an "Unprotected sex" clause in
Cromartie's contract. Tanny: "Anything's possible". Hahaha

JK Coney

Mar 12, 2010, 12:31:01 PM3/12/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> repotrtedly, Rosenhaus called the Jets and gave them a chanced to
> match the offer from KC and they declined it.
>
> Boomer & Carton asked Tanny and he didnt deny it.

You can't be married to these RB's. Not many Barry Sanders out there that
make something out of nothing. With this line blocking an average NFL back
becomes a star. A really good back goes for 1600 yards. TJ will be back to
2nd or 3rd string by mid season is my guess.

--
JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Rich - ® ©

Mar 12, 2010, 4:20:24 PM3/12/10
On Mar 12, 9:31 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:

That's very interesting. I wonder why? Is it just cost, or was there
something else at play? LT is gonna cost a few bucks. And we do
need a backup with Shonn Greene being young and Washington coming off
an injury. Hmmmmm.

Dano58

Mar 12, 2010, 4:53:28 PM3/12/10

I think it's easier to have a new guy come in as a back-up - even an
LT - than it is to tell the current #1 guy he's now the back-up to the
old #2 guy and not have it be awkward... Still, maybe TJ is the one
who said he didn't want to be the back-up.

Dan D
Central NJ USA

MZ

Mar 12, 2010, 5:01:45 PM3/12/10

Or they've got a couple guys high on their draft radar.

Nunya Bidnits

Mar 12, 2010, 7:08:58 PM3/12/10

The Chiefs didn't bring him in to be the first. Familiarize yourself with
Jamaal Charles who put up damn near a thousand yards for the Chiefs after
taking over as feature back for just the last 8 games, after they finally
cut Larry Johnson.

Jones is there to be a change-up and short yardage guy, and it's a win win
because it gives the Chiefs two strong backs with completely different
styles, and it extends Jones' career because he won't be taking the pounding
of a feature back.

MartyB in KC

papa.carl44

Mar 12, 2010, 7:31:13 PM3/12/10

"JK Coney" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

So how did the Bears do after he left? He has something most don't...he is
consistent and he doesn't break every other series.

Johnny Morongo

Mar 12, 2010, 7:49:13 PM3/12/10

This is why, Marty, that the pick up was such a good move for the
Chiefs. Not everyone will know who Jaamal is, but he'll be on my
fantasy team next year, especially if they do some heavy lifting on
their O-line.

Jones will be OK there. Lower work load, expectations and spotlight.
Good move for him too. But his time as a Jet had run its course.

MZ

Mar 12, 2010, 8:57:00 PM3/12/10

His time as a Jet had only run its course because there are two younger
very good running backs on the roster. That's the only reason. If they
didn't have Leon AND Greene, Jones would still be a Jet. There aren't
many teams in the league that have a Leon Washington *and* a Shonn Greene.

The Jets, apparently, are betting that they only need two (good) backs
this year. A little risky, but not crazy risky. They may also have
something lined up in the draft at RB, or they might actually let
Sanchez throw the ball this year. Lots of possibilities. Under the old
regime I would have just chalked this up to stupidity, but there might
actually be a valid reason for letting him go for so cheap.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

JK Coney

Mar 13, 2010, 12:57:40 AM3/13/10

"Nunya Bidnits" <nunyab...@eternal-september.invalid> wrote in message

> Jones is there to be a change-up and short yardage guy, and it's a win win
> because it gives the Chiefs two strong backs with completely different
> styles, and it extends Jones' career because he won't be taking the
> pounding
> of a feature back.
>
> MartyB in KC

You could be right, but get back to me when he keeps getting stuffed
for 1 & 2 yards a pop running right into your linemen. You'll be pulling
your hair out.

--
JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Tutor

Mar 13, 2010, 4:19:02 AM3/13/10
On Mar 12, 11:46 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:57:00 -0500, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >Johnny Morongo wrote:
> TJ's big selling point is that he's consistent, and generally healthy.
> But, he was also pretty consistent at piling up the yardage, in the 2nd half, after their
> OL tired opponents.
> I think Jet Management has a very *cocky* edge now.  They seem to believe they can get any
> player they really target.  I suspect they think that LT still has something left, with a
> change of scenery... & an OC he's familiar with, together with the opportunities & big
> stage of the Apple, he could fill the role they seek - - steady change of pace back, that
> can receive, and a big name to the new stadium.- Hide quoted text -

agree with every point including cocky management. One that has
developed the reputation of getting what it targets. I do think LT
will be considerably better than his production in San Diego the last
2 seasons. Completely different offense here. Very RB friendly.

papa.carl44

Mar 13, 2010, 4:59:41 AM3/13/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

You are a much kinder person than I am. I guess I'm too conditioned, even
with the new regime I tend to think this was a typical Jet's type reactive
decision and not something completely thought through and all the
ramifications considered. This could really backfire on them. OMHO. I hope
they can keep Washington and that he is recovered. If he goes, or if he
can't not come back at full speed....they are screwed.

Message has been deleted

Tutor

Mar 13, 2010, 12:58:31 PM3/13/10
On Mar 13, 11:45 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 04:59:41 -0500, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
>
> >"MZ" <m...@nospam.void> wrote in message

> I tend to think that every detail is thought through by Tanny, possibly to a fault.
> He seems to think he's the chosen one, as to brainage, and can outsmart anyone.
> Not to mention that he's willing to take serious gambles... which I like, to a point.
>
> As for RB, I'm not as worried about the loss of TJ, as that Greene to me, is the wildcard.
> He's shown lots of talent, but also he could be injury & fumble-prone.  Still an
> incomplete.
> And of course, do the Jets win the game of Chicken they've been playing with Leon?- Hide quoted text -

he did not fumble down the stretch or in the playoffs. He was not
known as a fumbler in college. THose fumbles were his "welcome to the
NFL" wake-up cll, where ball stripping is an art form to which all
rookie rb's must adapt.