OT: Al Davis....

Grinch

Jan 18, 2011, 9:45:58 PM1/18/11
The Absolute Ruler of the Raiders speaks, but just look at him:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d81dc62b7/Al-Davis-on-state-of-the-Raiders?module=HP_video

I can't swear it from this angle but he appears to be sitting because
he can't stand.

From another report....
~~~
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_17130148?nclick_check=1

Al Davis still rules supreme in Raider Nation

... His words drift and ramble and wander and sometimes fall off the
face of the Earth. And then Al Davis gathers himself and returns to
the matter at hand, upon which he exudes equal parts charm and
intellect.

Even at age 81, deeply in the autumn of his life, the owner of the
Oakland Raiders can sit before a room filled with reporters and
cameras and spend nearly two hours reminding one and all that he's
still the boss...

Making his first public speaking appearance in 16 months, Davis on
Tuesday announced the promotion of Hue Jackson from offensive
coordinator to head coach. Jackson, 45, becomes the 17th coach in
Raiders history...

"I plan on being here a long time," Jackson said, an obvious nod to
the fact that Davis has dismissed five coaches in seven years...

It was Davis who did most of the talking. He explained his Jan. 4
dismissal of head coach Tom Cable, saying he was a limited coach whose
personal life brought undue stress upon the franchise. Furthermore,
according to Davis, Cable was dishonest...

"I just didn't think he could do it," Davis said of Cable, "especially
when I saw the contrast with (Jackson)."...

[After Cable just coached the team to its first non-losing season in
nine years. Cable's already been hired by Carroll and is suing the
Raiders]

What was clear was Davis' vanity. He made pointed efforts to point out
the depth of his contributions to Oakland's most successful season on
the field since reaching the Super Bowl eight years ago.

"I did the draft," he said, referring to one of the most impressive
collections of rookies in Raiders history.

"I made the trade for (defensive lineman Richard) Seymour," Davis
added. "I drafted (cornerback Nnamdi) Asomugha" in 2003...

~~~~
"I dropped this team into the dumpster so it's averaged 4-12 for the
last decade, after I *traded* Gruden to Tampa, then fired Callahan
after he coached the team to the Super Bowl but lost to Gruden's
Tampa, then..."

Al, please, it's time. Even Popes retire when they die.

JKConey

Jan 18, 2011, 10:08:22 PM1/18/11
I saw him at the presser and thought he looked like he was close to
checking out.

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

yoyodog

Jan 18, 2011, 10:18:53 PM1/18/11

"Grinch" <oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> The Absolute Ruler of the Raiders speaks, but just look at him:
>
> http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d81dc62b7/Al-Davis-on-state-of-the-Raiders?module=HP_video
>
> I can't swear it from this angle but he appears to be sitting because
> he can't stand.
>
> From another report....
> ~~~
> http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_17130148?nclick_check=1

Christ, the guy looks like they dragged him out of the coffin for this
appearance. They used a hook and pulled him out by his head, no doubt...

Keith Keller

Jan 18, 2011, 10:51:03 PM1/18/11

Cut the guy a break! Vampires don't do well in sunlight.

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Tutor

Jan 19, 2011, 9:31:02 AM1/19/11
On Jan 18, 9:45 pm, Grinch <oldna...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> The Absolute Ruler of the Raiders speaks, but just look at him:
>
> http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d81dc62b7/Al-Davis-o...

> I can't swear it from this angle but he appears to be sitting because
> he can't stand.
>
> From another report....
> ~~~http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_17130148?nclick_check=1

So the crypt keeper, Al Davis has appointed Hue Jackson as his new
puppet... er.. head coach.... I have hated the f-ing Raiduhs since
the late 1960's.

In the words of Larry David, all I have to say to Al Davis is.... "F
U C K H U E!!!"

Michael

Jan 19, 2011, 10:05:46 AM1/19/11
On Jan 18, 9:45 pm, Grinch <oldna...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> The Absolute Ruler of the Raiders speaks, but just look at him:
>
> http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/09000d5d81dc62b7/Al-Davis-o...

> I can't swear it from this angle but he appears to be sitting because
> he can't stand.
>
> From another report....
> ~~~http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_17130148?nclick_check=1

after seeing that clip i thought...