Re: Holmes back... Clowney & Turner cut...

Message has been deleted

MZ

Oct 4, 2010, 11:46:31 AM10/4/10
On 10/4/2010 11:44 AM, buRford wrote:
> As expected...
>

> It's return from suspension day in the NFL!
>
> In Pittsburgh, Ben Roethlisberger can talk to his teammates about football again. Texans
> linebacker Brian Cushing can participate in his first regular season practice on
> Wednesday. Jets wideout Santonio Holmes is feeling the love from Jets fans upon his
> return.
>
> Not feeling the love in New York: wide receivers Patrick Turner and David Clowney, who
> were released by the team on Monday to help make room for Holmes. The Jets will also
> re-sign defensive end Howard Green.
>
> The Jets finished their early round robin in the AFC East with three wins, including two
> on the road. They've taken early control of the division despite all the missed games
> from Darrelle Revis, Calvin Pace, and Santonio Holmes.

Is the Green signing bad news about Ellis?

Message has been deleted

MZ

Oct 4, 2010, 12:42:55 PM10/4/10
On 10/4/2010 12:40 PM, buRford wrote:
> I don't think so. They were planning to sign him today, even before Ellis' injury.
> We should know about him today, but all the early reports were that it's a mild knee
> sprain. They need some bods on the DL, so I suspect Green will be comin'& goin' a lot
> this season, depending upon the opponent,& our specific needs for that opponent.
> The Revis injury still concerns me. I'd give him, at least, one more game off, especially
> with the Vikings next. I haven't seen them, but they don't seem to be very strong at WR.
> They'll need Revis more against the Broncs... then it's the Bye.

I don't think they'll need him against the Broncos either. They should
let him sit right through the bye, and then bring him back so he's ready
for the divisional games.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Oct 4, 2010, 12:52:08 PM10/4/10
> for the divisional games.- Hide quoted text -

that would be my feeling... but also got to consider... may be he is
actually all ready to go... with no lingering hammy problems... in
that case, it may be worse to let him stay cool for three more
weeks... this one has to sit with the doctors/trainers

Michael

Oct 4, 2010, 1:00:53 PM10/4/10
On Oct 4, 12:49 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 12:42:55 -0400, MZ <m...@nospam.void> wrote:
> >On 10/4/2010 12:40 PM, buRford wrote:
> I really don't pay much attention outside the division anymore.  Aren't the Broncs airing
> it out?  And isn't Orton playing well?
> As an aside, it's looking like the Broncs  made out better than expected, when they traded
> Cutler.- Hide quoted text -

i always liked orton... imho, the bears needed receiving targets for
orton and not another qb... not that i dont like cutler, but all the
bears had was the TE olson, and hester who is not a true wr. i also
like martz but it is odd that the bears would choose the don coryell
type of wc offensive scheme to go along with the type of defense that
they play. i also dont blame cutler for the loss last night. he had
long pass plays called by martz that take a while to develop and his
offensive line guys could not go one on one with the giants d-line.
the same thing happend to the bears number two guy. the style of
defense the giants run would not work against most teams. it is ideal
to beat the bears... long developing pass plays, backs that dont pick
up the blitz and offensive line guys that were outmatched against
speed guys.

MZ

Oct 4, 2010, 1:16:46 PM10/4/10
On 10/4/2010 12:49 PM, buRford wrote:
> I really don't pay much attention outside the division anymore. Aren't the Broncs airing
> it out? And isn't Orton playing well?
> As an aside, it's looking like the Broncs made out better than expected, when they traded
> Cutler.

Maybe. They got a lot in return. But who can get anything done behind
that line?

John C TX

Oct 4, 2010, 2:05:16 PM10/4/10

I bet he misses at least one game, maybe more. It looked like a bad
bruise in the replay. Ryan seems to play down all injuries.

They mention Cushing. The good news for us is Holmes has been
practicing.

Harlan Lachman

Oct 4, 2010, 7:26:21 PM10/4/10
In article <Kt6dnTSReelFazTR...@giganews.com>,
MZ <ma...@nospam.void> wrote:

No. It was planned before the game. For some reason, Rex wants D Line
strength. With Santonio, Edwards, Cotch, Smith and Keller, I think he is
happy with the WR.

Rumor also has it that Patrick Turner will go to Practice Squad if he is
not picked up.