Re: QB 2011

1 view
Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 27, 2011, 9:56:10 AM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 9:43 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the starter is set.
>
> Brunell looked like crap in the pre-season and OK against the
> University of Buffalo in that last game.  I don't like him.
>
> How about Pennington?  Stop laughing!
>
> http://www.nfl.com/players/chadpennington/profile?id=PEN375096
>
> I believe he will be a good coach one day woudn't this be a logical
> 1st step?
>
> Actually if he comes back he will be expensive so how about Matt
> Leinhart as one of the guys they bring in?

i always thought chad would wind up as a coach. probably first a qb
coach then an oc. it would be great to have him back on the jets.
i'd want a good #3 behind chad given that he is sure to go down. when
he came in for the fish, he was done in short order.

Keith Keller

Jan 27, 2011, 10:37:04 AM1/27/11
On 2011-01-27, John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How about Pennington? Stop laughing!
>
> http://www.nfl.com/players/chadpennington/profile?id=PEN375096

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6034444

I think Pennington is a huge risk; shouldn't your backup be someone
resilient? Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I'd worry about him
being able to finish a game.

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
(try just my userid to email me)

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 27, 2011, 12:43:19 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 10:37 am, Keith Keller <kkeller-use...@wombat.san-
francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> On 2011-01-27, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > How about Pennington?  Stop laughing!
>
> >http://www.nfl.com/players/chadpennington/profile?id=PEN375096
>
> http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6034444
>
> I think Pennington is a huge risk; shouldn't your backup be someone
> resilient?  Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, but I'd worry about him
> being able to finish a game.
>
> --keith
>
> --
> kkeller-use...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us

> (try just my userid to email me)
> AOLSFAQ=http://www.therockgarden.ca/aolsfaq.txt
> see X- headers for PGP signature information

having pennington might not be such a big risk if you also had
clemons. clemons is a good value for the jets as a back-up because he
has tremendous experience in the system. he's not a fully rounded qb,
but he can make about two thirds of the throws that sanchez can make.
even if you call chad a #2 QB behind clemons, clemons is a #3 only in
name and is ready to go if chad goes down. it all depends on the
money of course, but chad is an ideal guy to have around. he'd be a
big help to all of the jet qb's even if he never contributes on the
field

JKConey

Jan 27, 2011, 1:35:32 PM1/27/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I think the starter is set.
>
> Brunell looked like crap in the pre-season and OK against the
> University of Buffalo in that last game. I don't like him.
>
> How about Pennington? Stop laughing!

I hear Vinny's ready to play

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Keith Keller

Jan 27, 2011, 2:32:24 PM1/27/11
On 2011-01-27, Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

> having pennington might not be such a big risk if you also had
> clemons. clemons is a good value for the jets as a back-up because he
> has tremendous experience in the system. he's not a fully rounded qb,
> but he can make about two thirds of the throws that sanchez can make.
> even if you call chad a #2 QB behind clemons, clemons is a #3 only in
> name and is ready to go if chad goes down. it all depends on the
> money of course, but chad is an ideal guy to have around. he'd be a
> big help to all of the jet qb's even if he never contributes on the
> field

No argument there--the question would be whether the Jets can pay
Pennington and convince him to accept such a role. Does Clemens want to
stay?

--keith

--
kkeller...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us

Michael

Jan 27, 2011, 2:58:52 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 2:32 pm, Keith Keller <kkeller-use...@wombat.san-
francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> On 2011-01-27, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > having pennington might not be such a big risk if you also had
> > clemons.  clemons is a good value for the jets as a back-up because he
> > has tremendous experience in the system.  he's not a fully rounded qb,
> > but he can make about two thirds of the throws that sanchez can make.
> > even if you call chad a #2 QB behind clemons, clemons is a #3 only in
> > name and is ready to go if chad goes down.  it all depends on the
> > money of course, but chad is an ideal guy to have around.  he'd be a
> > big help to all of the jet qb's even if he never contributes on the
> > field
>
> No argument there--the question would be whether the Jets can pay
> Pennington and convince him to accept such a role.  Does Clemens want to
> stay?
>
> --keith
>
> --
> kkeller-use...@wombat.san-francisco.ca.us

> (try just my userid to email me)
> AOLSFAQ=http://www.therockgarden.ca/aolsfaq.txt
> see X- headers for PGP signature information

not sure about clemens... i know he'd like to be a starter some
place... panthers, cardinals, 9'ers, titans, redskins, vikes, jags,
raiders, fish, seahawks all have less than an ideal qb situations...
and... the draft is very slim as far as qb's go with luck staying out
of the draft and locker looking awful recently... with so many teams
needing to upgrade ad qb and so few options, this might be an ideal
time for a player like clemens to hope for a shot somplace... he's
gone none with the jets.

Parker Race

Jan 27, 2011, 3:06:58 PM1/27/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
:
: I think the starter is set.
:
: Brunell looked like crap in the pre-season and OK against the
: University of Buffalo in that last game. I don't like him.
:
: How about Pennington? Stop laughing!
:
: http://www.nfl.com/players/chadpennington/profile?id=PEN375096

:
: I believe he will be a good coach one day woudn't this be a logical
: 1st step?
:
: Actually if he comes back he will be expensive so how about Matt
: Leinhart as one of the guys they bring in?

Well there's always Brett ... Oh, right, never mind! ;)

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Jan 27, 2011, 5:15:08 PM1/27/11

I'm not laughing ....I would love to see Pennington come as a QB
coach...LOVE it...but could tolerate a player coach deal I guess.

Grinch

Jan 27, 2011, 9:53:13 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 9:43 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the starter is set.
>
> Brunell looked like crap in the pre-season and OK against the
> University of Buffalo in that last game.  I don't like him.
>
> How about Pennington?  Stop laughing!
>
> http://www.nfl.com/players/chadpennington/profile?id=PEN375096
>
> I believe he will be a good coach one day woudn't this be a logical
> 1st step?
>
> Actually if he comes back he will be expensive so how about Matt
> Leinhart as one of the guys they bring in?

Pennington's talking about coming back to the Fins and they're
actually talking some about him being their starter next year, if the
alternative is still Henne,

Believe it or not. And I'll believe it when I see it.

I'd love to see Chad back here as a backup/tutor/player-coach/
whatever.

But would he really fit in with the Rex regime? Would he want to come
back here like that, is there anything really in it for him? How does
he feel about Tanny and Woody after they got rid of him like that? I
don't know.

In any event he is a very smart guy, has made his millions, paid his
dues in full, and can do whatever he wants. More power to him.

Grinch

Jan 27, 2011, 9:54:46 PM1/27/11

Yes, well, Kellen has his dreams and I have mine. :-)

> all have less than an ideal qb situations...
> and... the draft is very slim  as far as qb's go with luck staying out
> of the draft and locker looking awful recently... with so many teams
> needing to upgrade ad qb and so few options, this might be an ideal
> time for a player like clemens to hope for a shot somplace... he's

> gone none with the jets.- Hide quoted text -

- Rob -

Jan 28, 2011, 7:21:20 AM1/28/11
On Jan 27, 8:43 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the starter is set.
>
> Brunell looked like crap in the pre-season and OK against the
> University of Buffalo in that last game.  I don't like him.
>
> How about Pennington?  Stop laughing!
>
> http://www.nfl.com/players/chadpennington/profile?id=PEN375096
>
> I believe he will be a good coach one day woudn't this be a logical
> 1st step?

I like both Pennington the player and Pennington the man, but this
isn't about sentiment. Sadly, he's become the QB equivalent of
Jenkins: a player who has an immediate impact on the field...until he
goes down for the season almost as immediately. That's not backup
material -- something that requires reliability. And I doubt he'd
accept a third string job *unless* perhaps it was paired with some
sort of promise to join the coaching staff when he's done.

The question then becomes, of course, would someone of Chad's
seemingly polished nature be able to mesh with the in-your-face style
of Rex? Who knows?

John C TX

Jan 28, 2011, 10:43:27 AM1/28/11
"papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:86853b8d-a36a-4838...@o7g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

Well you can hope that Schott gets the Titans job & takes Cavanaugh
with him.

:)

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 28, 2011, 12:57:03 PM1/28/11

i dont expect that schott will ever get any hc job offers...this
season, next seaon or any season... yes... another one of my off the
wall unqualified comments, but i'd bet it will proove out.