Cromartie and Hassleback on Twitter

Parker Race

Jan 27, 2011, 3:32:46 PM1/27/11
Apparently Matt Hassleback tweeted. "I wonder if Croamrtie knows what CBA
stands for?" and then deleted it.

http://twitter.com/#!/A_Cromartie31
@Hasselbeck hey Matt if u have something to then say it be a man about it.
Don't erase it. I will smash ur face in.

MZ

Jan 27, 2011, 4:20:15 PM1/27/11

Not that I want to be mistaken for a NG troll here, but some of these
Jets players are really out of control. Honestly, I like Rex a lot,
including his bravado or whatever you want to call it, but this is a
case where he needs to step in. This is the third threat that a Jets
player has issued in about a week and a half.

Michael

Jan 27, 2011, 4:49:34 PM1/27/11

i'd guess that a lot of players are knuckle heads... they just contain
their knucke headedness due to fear of consequences. on the jets, it
would seem as if a few players have gotten a tad bit too comfortable.
most of 'em are mature and responsible enough not to get out of hand,
but there will always be the odd fox or two that will jump the chicken
wire if the dog is off duty

paddy_nyr

Jan 27, 2011, 4:53:13 PM1/27/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Agreed, but it's not only the Jets how about the tweets on Cutler?

papa.carl44

Jan 27, 2011, 5:19:13 PM1/27/11

"MZ" <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote in message

OK...can buy this...but when does somebody say something to Matt about his
attitude and what he says....if he did that to me, I probably wouldn't tweet
it...I'd just go do it and he'd deserve it. BTW...his wife is a PIA too.

MZ

Jan 27, 2011, 6:09:33 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 5:19 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:

Thing is, Hasselbeck didn't say it out of the blue. Cromartie's been
mouthing off, and I think Hasselbeck's comments came after he called
the union "assholes". When people speak out against their union in
the middle of a dispute, they usually get a lot worse than a deleted
tweet. Also, do we know for sure that Cromartie knows what CBA stands
for? Truth is an absolute defense...

Michael

Jan 27, 2011, 6:15:26 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 4:53 pm, "paddy_nyr" <mpp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Agreed, but it's not only the Jets how about the tweets on Cutler?- Hide quoted text -

the stuff on cutler was piss poor, but they did not threaten cutler...
cromartie threatened to use violence on hass

Ritchie

Jan 27, 2011, 6:45:50 PM1/27/11
> for?  Truth is an absolute defense...- Hide quoted text -

Still Hasselback said it then pulled it, Be a man, face your opponent
and say what you want but, say it to his face. Don't hide behind a
keyboard.

Drumrboy

Jan 27, 2011, 7:45:17 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 3:32 pm, "Parker Race" <parker.r...@gmail.com> wrote:

Which one of Cromartie's 400 bastard kids read the tweet to him?

Seriously, who gives a fuck what another loudmouthed, loser punk has
to say?

Maybe Rover can get the water boy to take out Hasselbecks knees next
year as he runs out of bounds, being a "players" coach and all that...

papa.carl44

Jan 27, 2011, 7:47:07 PM1/27/11

"MZ" <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote in message

OK....I didn't understand the context of it...still, Hasselbeck should know
he's dealing with a less than stellar type person. I agree that Cromartie,
for all of his exciting plays, is probably a very difficult guy to manage.
But my sense is there have always been more than a few of these in the game
and a lot of coaches seem to like them because they are often very
aggressive players. So, maybe it's a systemic problem?

Michael

Jan 27, 2011, 7:48:33 PM1/27/11

like cro said.... go tell it to his face

papa.carl44

Jan 27, 2011, 7:49:01 PM1/27/11

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

:-) We're OLD....tweet'n and all that crap is the new deal today.....no
more real fights in school either. Kids don't meet in the alley or at the
town commons anymore and have a fair fight, one guy sucker punches another
as he comes out of the boys room or whatever....a much different world.

Beiselbub©

Jan 27, 2011, 8:09:12 PM1/27/11

Cromagnon is such an immature clown. I hope the Jets find a way to re-
sign him.

JetsLife

Jan 27, 2011, 8:39:12 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 4:20 pm, MZ <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote:

What of it? As if this kind of thing doesn't go on every day
everywhere. I - and I hope Rex and the entire organization too - say
good for Cromartie. I'll take someone who isn't afraid to defend his
public honor when some asshole attempts to humiliate him publicly.

"Really out of control?" You sound like the Beverly Hills Police doing
everything 'by the book' in Bev Hills Cop.

Haven't you ever told someone you'd smash their face in?

From what I've actually heard of Cromartie the last 3 weeks, he is a
perceptive fierceless young man. Good for him.

No Jet player has broken a law other than the PCness. I do agree with
you tho about the Bart Scott threat -- some rule shoulda automatically
suspended him before the Jets beatdown of NE.

But again I respect people's God-given right to speak their mind
including Jets and everyone.

MZ

Jan 27, 2011, 8:39:18 PM1/27/11

Cromartie was hiding behind a keyboard too. The difference between
Cro and Hass is that Cro has no shame.

Cromartie really throws these physical threats around, which is ironic
for a CB whose biggest weakness is that he doesn't play physical
enough. Not that Bart Scott is any kind of role model, but at least
he can back up what he says. The vast majority of guys on that
football field could put Cromartie on his ass pretty easily.

Ray O'Hara

Jan 27, 2011, 9:19:55 PM1/27/11

"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote in message

> OK...can buy this...but when does somebody say something to Matt about his
> attitude and what he says....if he did that to me, I probably wouldn't
> tweet it...I'd just go do it and he'd deserve it. BTW...his wife is a PIA
> too.

Cromatie is a piece of shit as a human and who is to say he'd win.

and Elizabeth Hasslebeck is married to Tim Hasslebeck you moron.

Grinch

Jan 27, 2011, 9:24:20 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 8:39 pm, JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:

> From what I've actually heard of Cromartie the last 3 weeks, he is a
> perceptive fierceless young man.

He and the whole rest of the Jets D were pretty damn fierceless during
the first half in Pittsburgh.

:-)

MZ

Jan 27, 2011, 9:37:45 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 8:39 pm, JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:

Your god-given right to speak your mind ends when you join the NFL and
they have personal conduct rules.

Still Roper

Jan 27, 2011, 11:17:27 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 4:20 pm, MZ <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote:

Cromo is a FA. Barely he is a Jet.

John C TX

Jan 28, 2011, 10:32:46 AM1/28/11

MZ, first off you aren't a troll. Cromartie is an idiot and Rex needs
to rein these guys in, coach them if you will. If they truly like/
respect Rex then he should be quietly using that to help Cromartie
grow up.

Having said that Hasselbeck is a moron as well. Why is he tweeting or
twerping or whatever he is doing? If he truly thinks Cromartie's
comments are hurting the union or the process, why not pick up the
phone? He also has a responsibility to the union and could have
reached out to Cromartie or someone that close to the idiot.

papa.carl44

Jan 28, 2011, 11:05:40 PM1/28/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

John, You made me LOL...twerping....I now know what I'm going to tell some
of my friends who feel a need to "twerp"....I always felt they were twerps.

JetsLife

Feb 18, 2011, 12:44:55 PM2/18/11
On Jan 27, 9:37 pm, MZ <for...@mdz.no-ip.org> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 8:39 pm, JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:

> > > Not that I want to be mistaken for a NG troll here, but some of these
> > > Jets players are really out of control.  Honestly, I like Rex a lot,
> > > including his bravado or whatever you want to call it, but this is a
> > > case where he needs to step in.  This is the third threat that a Jets
> > > player has issued in about a week and a half.
>
> > What of it? As if this kind of thing doesn't go on every day
> > everywhere. I - and I hope Rex and the entire organization too - say
> > good forCromartie. I'll take someone who isn't afraid to defend his

> > public honor when some asshole attempts to humiliate him publicly.
>
> > "Really out of control?" You sound like the Beverly Hills Police doing
> > everything 'by the book' in Bev Hills Cop.
>
> > Haven't you ever told someone you'd smash their face in?
>
> > From what I've actually heard ofCromartiethe last 3 weeks, he is a

> > perceptive fierceless young man. Good for him.
>
> > No Jet player has broken a law other than the PCness. I do agree with
> > you tho about the Bart Scott threat -- some rule shoulda automatically
> > suspended him before the Jets beatdown of NE.
>
> > But again I respect people's God-given right to speak their mind
> > including Jets and everyone.
>
> Your god-given right to speak your mind ends when you join the NFL and
> they have personal conduct rules.- Hide quoted text -

Are verbal physical threats part of the NFL personal conduct policy?

JetsLife

Feb 18, 2011, 12:52:18 PM2/18/11
On Jan 27, 9:24 pm, Grinch <oldna...@mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Jan 27, 8:39 pm, JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > From what I've actually heard ofCromartiethe last 3 weeks, he is a

> > perceptive fierceless young man.
>
> He and the whole rest of the Jets D were pretty damn fierceless during
> the first half in Pittsburgh.
>
> :-)

Lol. It was a fierceless display of emdbarrassing efensive football.

As an aside, it's instructive how the anti-Schott obsessives made
little or no mention of said atrocious 1st-half defense, allowing 17
points (Sanchez fumble-TD wasn't its fault). To them as always the
Jets only lose because of Schott. And of course they never, ever win
because of anything Schott orchestrates, such as the brilliant
performance v. NE the prior week.