Dungy on Rex Ryan and his mouth...

Michael

Aug 17, 2010, 7:52:59 PM8/17/10
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/sports/ex-colts-boss-tony-dungy-says-he-would-not-hire-rex-ryan-dpgonc-20100816-fc_9205299

(The New York Post) - "Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy
said Monday he would not consider hiring New York Jets head coach Rex
Ryan due to the latter's penchant for foul language, the New York Post
reported.

"I would not. I personally don't want my players to be around that. I
don't want to be around that," Dungy said on "The Dan Patrick Show."

"It's hard for me to be around that, and if I were in charge, no, I
wouldn't hire someone like that."

"Now, I've been around 'F' bombs, so it's not like it's new. But I
just don't think that has to be part of your every-minute, everyday
vocabulary to get your points across," Dungy said."

************************************************************************************************************************************
OK... I don't get it. Dungy will lobby for a sadistic felon that
participated in profound animal abuse and a whole host of additional
felonies, but he cant abide Rex due to his use of profanity that was
seen on a show that is billed for its candor ???

Are you listening Tony ???

FUCK YOU !!!

Hypocrite POS

Ritchie

Aug 17, 2010, 9:07:13 PM8/17/10
On Aug 17, 7:52 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/sports/ex-colts-boss-tony-dungy-says-he-w...

> (The New York Post) - "Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy
> said Monday he would not consider hiring New York Jets head coach Rex
> Ryan due to the latter's penchant for foul language, the New York Post
> reported.
>
> "I would not. I personally don't want my players to be around that. I
> don't want to be around that," Dungy said on "The Dan Patrick Show."
>
> "It's hard for me to be around that, and if I were in charge, no, I
> wouldn't hire someone like that."
>
> "Now, I've been around 'F' bombs, so it's not like it's new. But I
> just don't think that has to be part of your every-minute, everyday
> vocabulary to get your points across," Dungy said."
>
> ***************************************************************************­*********************************************************

> OK... I don't get it.  Dungy will lobby for a sadistic felon that
> participated in profound animal abuse and a whole host of additional
> felonies, but he cant abide Rex due to his use of profanity that was
> seen on a show that is billed for its candor ???
>
> Are you listening Tony ???
>
> FUCK YOU !!!
>
> Hypocrite POS

Dungy is a moron and the Colts won a SB despite him, not because of
him.

JetsLife

Aug 17, 2010, 11:50:58 PM8/17/10

Dungy is a Christian fundamentalist nut-job. That's all you need to
know.

This said I have nothing against Christianity. I love all religions
provided they don't go overboard.

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 12:15:16 AM8/18/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

This doesn't surprise me at all. He views the "player" as the man-child he
needs to save, whereas he sees the fat white coach as evil and someone he
needs to be far away from. It fits perfectly with his personality I think.
I was around several "Fellowship of Christian Athletes" type guys when I
played and coached. I just could never see any connection between football
and Jesus. I was always quite sure "He" wasn't interested at all in what we
were doing. I coached at a Catholic school too...and felt even moreso.
Ending a Hail Mary with "Our Lady Queen of Victory, Pray for Us" never
grabbed me as being right. I didn't swear a lot when I coached, don't think
I talked much at all when I played. I was not the hollering type of player
at all. It always worked better for me when I kept it inside and let it out
by executing. Coaching became fun when I gave up all the emotional crap and
just started teaching and focusing on strategy. I was around guys who
constantly used F bombs...never bothered me. Now, old and retired I find
myself having a hard time not saying it...every time I look at TV, sports or
news...some idiot brings it out in me :-)

Ritchie

Aug 18, 2010, 2:59:32 AM8/18/10

> provided they don't go overboard.- Hide quoted text -

Very well said and I agree!

Deadmeat

Aug 18, 2010, 8:44:38 AM8/18/10

I heard this story, but I'm not following it closely. Did Dungy go to
the commissioner to try and get him to do something?

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 9:53:01 AM8/18/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Aug 17, 11:15 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> >http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/sports/ex-colts-boss-tony-dungy-says-he-w...

Papa, you know my background & I am with you 100%. If God is paying
attention to football it explains the state of the world.

I have no problem with kids screaming after a prayer, and maybe it
plants a seed for future spiritual development, but it has NOTHING to
do with spirituality. It has everything to do with get your F***ing
head in the game.

:)

It just bothers me that someone actually believes "God" is on their side in
a freakin football game. Sal Palantonio wrote a good book about this type
stuff, "Football In America"....it explains a lot of the ways football was
promoted and how it adopted techniques desirable to reach desired
ends...like playing with pain, God is always on our side, sacrifice for the
team, watch what you say...some of it's ok even good, but some of the stuff
promoted is off base. You are right......the Higher Power expects us to do
some things on our own, like get our F'ing heads in the F'ing game. :-)

Michael

Aug 18, 2010, 10:05:28 AM8/18/10
On Aug 18, 9:47 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 17, 11:15 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> wrote:
>

> > "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > >http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/sports/ex-colts-boss-tony-dungy-says-he-w...

> > > (The New York Post) - "Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy
> > > said Monday he would not consider hiring New York Jets head coach Rex
> > > Ryan due to the latter's penchant for foul language, the New York Post
> > > reported.
>
> > > "I would not. I personally don't want my players to be around that. I
> > > don't want to be around that," Dungy said on "The Dan Patrick Show."
>
> > > "It's hard for me to be around that, and if I were in charge, no, I
> > > wouldn't hire someone like that."
>
> > > "Now, I've been around 'F' bombs, so it's not like it's new. But I
> > > just don't think that has to be part of your every-minute, everyday
> > > vocabulary to get your points across," Dungy said."
>
> > > ***************************************************************************­*********************************************************

> > > OK... I don't get it.  Dungy will lobby for a sadistic felon that
> > > participated in profound animal abuse and a whole host of additional
> > > felonies, but he cant abide Rex due to his use of profanity that was
> > > seen on a show that is billed for its candor ???
>
> > > Are you listening Tony ???
>
> > > FUCK YOU !!!
>
> > > Hypocrite POS
>
> > This doesn't surprise me at all.  He views the "player" as the man-child he
> > needs to save, whereas he sees the fat white coach as evil and someone he
> > needs to be far away from.  It fits perfectly with his personality I think.
> > I was around several "Fellowship of Christian Athletes" type guys when I
> > played and coached.  I just could never see any connection between football
> > and Jesus.  I was always quite sure "He" wasn't interested at all in what we
> > were doing.  I coached at a Catholic school too...and felt even moreso.
> > Ending a Hail Mary with "Our Lady Queen of Victory, Pray for Us"  never
> > grabbed me as being right.  I didn't swear a lot when I coached, don't think
> > I talked much at all when I played.  I was not the hollering type of player
> > at all.  It always worked better for me when I kept it inside and let it out
> > by executing.  Coaching became fun when I gave up all the emotional crap and
> > just started teaching and focusing on strategy.  I was around guys who
> > constantly used F bombs...never bothered me.  Now, old and retired I find
> > myself having a hard time not saying it...every time I look at TV, sports or
> > news...some idiot brings it out in me :-)
>
> Papa, you know my background & I am with you 100%.  If God is paying
> attention to football it explains the state of the world.

Just playing a bit of the devil's advocate... Say for instance, a
farmer prays for good weather so he can raise a crop and feed his
family. Most people could relate to that and would consider that god
plays a part in that. If a player who has been disadvantaged all his
life prays that he has a good game, is that not more than just
football ??? Since his performance in the game means the difference
for him between possible big money (for him and his family) and
possibly being thrown to the curb... It is more than just a game
right ??? Just an odd thought.

Harlan Lachman

Aug 18, 2010, 10:24:06 AM8/18/10
In article
<5b63ac49-c65f-4614...@p7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,

John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 11:15 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
> wrote:

> > "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > >http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/sports/ex-colts-boss-tony-dungy-says-he-w...

> Papa, you know my background & I am with you 100%. If God is paying
> attention to football it explains the state of the world.
>

> I have no problem with kids screaming after a prayer, and maybe it
> plants a seed for future spiritual development, but it has NOTHING to
> do with spirituality. It has everything to do with get your F***ing
> head in the game.
>
> :)

John, don't you get it. The winners were all part of God's plan and the
losers were damned by God for not being humble, prayerful, and/or
religious enough.

Harlan Lachman

Aug 18, 2010, 10:29:15 AM8/18/10
In article
<76a31b6a-047c-47fb...@p7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
Ritchie <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote:

And only one.

I used to have a system for evaluating college basketball coaches: how
many NBA all stars did they have on their teams and how many
championships did those teams win.

By my standard, Dean Smith was garbage. Rollie M was a genius (not a
one). Calipari would not even get an honorable mention.

It is easier to take the most talented players and win than just a bunch
of guys. While Wooden got a pass with the best players (no one looking
at the payoffs used to get them), at least he won with them.

Dungy had the best Qb of all time. Freeney and Sanders are not slouches
either. But he had little to show for it except usually being a good
loser.

harlan

Ray O'Hara

Aug 18, 2010, 11:16:50 AM8/18/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

a good coach would have won multiple SBs with that team.

Ray O'Hara

Aug 18, 2010, 11:26:38 AM8/18/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

the Jerry Faust theory of victory.

"Jesus doesn't give a fuck about Hoosier basketball"
Bobby Knight addressing players praying at halftime.

Michael

Aug 18, 2010, 12:58:39 PM8/18/10
On Aug 18, 8:44 am, Deadmeat <no...@home.com> wrote:
> On 8/17/2010 7:52 PM, Michael wrote:
>

> >http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/sports/ex-colts-boss-tony-dungy-says-he-w...

> > (The New York Post) - "Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy
> > said Monday he would not consider hiring New York Jets head coach Rex
> > Ryan due to the latter's penchant for foul language, the New York Post
> > reported.
>
> > "I would not. I personally don't want my players to be around that. I
> > don't want to be around that," Dungy said on "The Dan Patrick Show."
>
> > "It's hard for me to be around that, and if I were in charge, no, I
> > wouldn't hire someone like that."
>
> > "Now, I've been around 'F' bombs, so it's not like it's new. But I
> > just don't think that has to be part of your every-minute, everyday
> > vocabulary to get your points across," Dungy said."
>
> > ***************************************************************************­*********************************************************

> > OK... I don't get it.  Dungy will lobby for a sadistic felon that
> > participated in profound animal abuse and a whole host of additional
> > felonies, but he cant abide Rex due to his use of profanity that was
> > seen on a show that is billed for its candor ???
>
> > Are you listening Tony ???
>
> > FUCK YOU !!!
>
> > Hypocrite POS
>
> I heard this story, but I'm not following it closely. Did Dungy go to
> the commissioner to try and get him to do something?- Hide quoted text -

Dugy said that he would hope the Commish would do somthing. I thought
that was silly. The whole idea of Hard Knox is that it is supposed to
be a candid look on the inside of things. If Rex was using profanity
laced diatribes in pressers it would be one thing... Hard Knox is
taking the "private affair" of an NFL camp and making it public for
entertainment and education. Also good for Dungy to consider that it
is on HBO and not the cartoon network. The part that bothers me about
it most is that Dungy opined that he would not hire Rex for saying
"fuck" half a dozen times in an HBO special, after he went all out to
loby for Vick to be able to come back to work in the NFL. I'll take a
decent person with a profane language style over a fucking sadist that
sustained profound animal cruelty any day of the year.

JKConey

Aug 18, 2010, 1:08:49 PM8/18/10
I grew up on the streets of Brooklyn, so I'm no shrinking violet.
Either you're a cusser, or you're not. Personally I don't cuss, never did,
but I can't expect others not to. These Christians already think that all
that don't believe what they do, no matter how chaste and pure of heart, are
burning in hell. Doesn't that tell you enough?

--
JK Sinrod
www.myconeyislandmemories.com

Michael

Aug 18, 2010, 1:29:57 PM8/18/10

fundamentalists of any flavor are problem causers, imho... past that,
i'm not so worried about the people who think "others" are going to
hell. it is the people that try to help the "others" get to hell
quicker that scare me. scientists and academic scholars will fly you
to the moon. religious fundamentalists will fly you into buildings

John C TX

Aug 18, 2010, 3:25:44 PM8/18/10
On Aug 18, 9:24 am, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <5b63ac49-c65f-4614-9958-eaf5fe2b0...@p7g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,

H, I am Catholic not a Calvinist. We have our issues but
predestination isn't one of them

:)

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 4:59:45 PM8/18/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

So what if there is another disadvantaged guy with a dieing grandmother and
two orphaned sisters on the other side? Who gets Gods help?

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 5:00:37 PM8/18/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

Exactly. God always wins...but even when God is a Cowboy? Or worse yet...a
Redskin?

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 5:01:17 PM8/18/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

:)

AMEN ! What that really means is we know we are whacked....they don't get
it yet :-)

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 5:05:55 PM8/18/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Vick flipped..he gave up a lot of information. And I've said it
before...the level of game Vick was involved in did not stop at dog
fighting. Ask any law enforcement folks involved in dealing with that
stuff, it always has a strong element of drugs and guns with it too. Short
story, Vick was a serious dude...a criminal with a lot of criminal friends
and connections and in Dungy's mind that is OK and a guy who has had
advantages and swears isn't. My thoughts...Dungy has an issue with race and
doesn't even know it. Get the commisioner involved????? Are you freakin
serious? I've been on the sideline of a game, an NFL game, and it is not
Sunday school language. Dungy is serving Dungy with that talk, promoting
his own righteous BS. Now....Rex's Mom should talk to him and wash his
mouth out.

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 5:07:10 PM8/18/10

>>These Christians already think that all
>> that don't believe what they do, no matter how chaste and pure of heart,
>> are
>> burning in hell.
>
> Not all of us.

John...we're from the "guilt tribe"...very different than the guiltless born
again tribe.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Aug 18, 2010, 6:04:25 PM8/18/10
On Aug 18, 5:05 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> mouth out.- Hide quoted text -

i was listening to michael kay on the way home from work and he was
saying the same stuff we are. he's pretty much outraged with dungy...
i also agree with you that dungy does not understand his own evils. i
heard rex respond to it and he was all class...he said he was a good
person despite his mouth and would let his merrits do his speaking...

one more time for tony dungy...

i can see where you are coming from, tony...

FUCK YOU, pal

Deadmeat

Aug 18, 2010, 6:19:49 PM8/18/10

Dungy better realize he's in the very small minority here. I believe
most people use "foul language" in everyday conversation. If the
commish does anything, he's a moron.

Message has been deleted

Deadmeat

Aug 18, 2010, 6:56:54 PM8/18/10
On 8/18/2010 6:37 PM, graybeard wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:19:49 -0400 Deadmeat<no...@home.com> wrote:
>
>> Dungy better realize he's in the very small minority here. I believe
>> most people use "foul language" in everyday conversation. If the
>> commish does anything, he's a moron.
>
> If Goodell does anything, we won't know about it. He will just make a
> private call to Woody, and then Woody will call Rex into his office for
> a quiet little chat. The only tip off will be if Rex is suddenly acting
> like a nun in upcoming episodes of Hard Knocks.

You're probably right here. I wonder how many of the episodes have
already been filmed, and if tonight's episode was in before the reverend
spoke up.

Message has been deleted

Ritchie

Aug 18, 2010, 7:54:05 PM8/18/10
On Aug 18, 7:19 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> I expect that next week will be the first opportunity to see if they
> have muzzled Rex.
> --
> graybeard- Hide quoted text -

I hope Rex curses even more just so that Dungy suffers a heart attack
and has to go running to church to cleanse his ears.

Michael

Aug 18, 2010, 8:05:22 PM8/18/10
> and has to go running to church to cleanse his ears.- Hide quoted text -

i'd love it if they actually ramp it up... with every guy on camera
going out of his way to say *fuck*

MZ

Aug 18, 2010, 8:10:18 PM8/18/10

It's worth pointing out that *I* could coach the Manning-led Colts to a
winning season. Nevermind that, even MICHAEL could coach the Colts to a
winning season. :) Dungy was never a very good coach.

Michael

Aug 18, 2010, 8:38:45 PM8/18/10
> winning season.  :)  Dungy was never a very good coach.- Hide quoted text -

I would not win with the Colts. I cant stand Manning. I'd build a
special line for him. I'd sit the regular o-line starters and replace
them with the kicker, the punther, two wr's and I'd complete the five
man unit by bringing in Faneca

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 9:56:57 PM8/18/10

"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2010 00:15:16 -0400 "papa.carl44"
> <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
>
>>I just could never see any connection between football
>>and Jesus. I was always quite sure "He" wasn't interested at all in what
>>we
>>were doing. I coached at a Catholic school too...and felt even moreso.
>>Ending a Hail Mary with "Our Lady Queen of Victory, Pray for Us" never
>>grabbed me as being right.
>
> papa, the guys I love are the basketball players in parochial schools
> who make the sign of the cross before every free throw attempt. Because
> God, if he exists at all, has nothing better to do than make sure you
> don't miss that free throw.
> --
> graybeard

LOL...about 20 years ago I was coaching at a Catholic high school. We had
not lost a game in fifty some starts in the area. I went with another
defensive coach to see a night game played by another Catholic high school
we were going to play. We were good in football, this other school
wasn't....they were however a phenomenal basketball school. As we came in
wearing our coaching jackets the Nun principal of the school came up to us
and commented on where we were from and suggested we "take it easy" on her
"boys"....my buddy told her we would if she would take it easy on us during
basketball season. She made some statement about how they could only play
basketball because it didn't require drawing all the students that we were
able to draw as a much larger school and that she only had a small number of
"good Catholic schools from the city to draw from".....that did it. My
buddy asked her why then each starter on the basketball team, if they were
all these standup young Catholic men, was named "Kareem, Malik, Farad" etc.
Well....the following Monday when we were back at work, we heard about
it...from our principal, a priest...and he was laughing like crazy about it.
So...if God chooses to not make my baskets fall......and He is clearly on my
side...does that mean the Devil is making the opponents baskets (passes,
pitches, whatever) work out for them? Or...could it be one school does
really good at getting some B-ball players from the inner city to come...and
the other school gets a bunch of football players to come to it? I just
don't think God really cares, he owned both the schools. :-)

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 9:58:06 PM8/18/10

wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> On Aug 18, 8:44 am, Deadmeat <no...@home.com> wrote:
>

> > On 8/17/2010 7:52 PM, Michael wrote:
>
> > >http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/sports/ex-colts-boss-tony-dungy-says-he-w...
>
> > > (The New York Post) - "Former Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy
> > > said Monday he would not consider hiring New York Jets head coach Rex
> > > Ryan due to the latter's penchant for foul language, the New York Post
> > > reported.
>
> > > "I would not. I personally don't want my players to be around that. I
> > > don't want to be around that," Dungy said on "The Dan Patrick Show."
>
> > > "It's hard for me to be around that, and if I were in charge, no, I
> > > wouldn't hire someone like that."
>
> > > "Now, I've been around 'F' bombs, so it's not like it's new. But I
> > > just don't think that has to be part of your every-minute, everyday
> > > vocabulary to get your points across," Dungy said."
>
> > > ***************************************************************************限*********************************************************

FUCK YOU, pal

Let's not forget who Tony's close friend is....The Preacher ! Herm baby.

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 9:59:16 PM8/18/10

"MZ" <ma...@nospam.void> wrote in message

AND...Herm was his boy!

papa.carl44

Aug 18, 2010, 10:00:09 PM8/18/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

You can't coach with who you like. Simple...you only coach who you have.

John C TX

Aug 19, 2010, 9:25:29 AM8/19/10

> John...we're from the "guilt tribe"...very different than the guiltless born
> again tribe.

As my buddy would say we (jews) invented & you guys perfected it.

papa.carl44

Aug 19, 2010, 10:29:34 AM8/19/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Many of my friends say the same thing.....as kids we used to laugh at how
similar an Irish Catholic mother and a Jewish mother could be...all guilt,
shame and anxiety :-)

Michael

Aug 19, 2010, 12:24:05 PM8/19/10
On Aug 19, 10:29 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:9877dad1-47c3-4c23...@x42g2000yqx.googlegroups.com...

> >> John...we're from the "guilt tribe"...very different than the guiltless
> >> born
> >> again tribe.
>
> > As my buddy would say we (jews) invented & you guys perfected it.
>
> Many of my friends say the same thing.....as kids we used to laugh at how
> similar an Irish Catholic mother and a Jewish mother could be...all guilt,
> shame and anxiety :-)

but the jewish mother would not be "splittin' yer knee caps with a
shalalee if you wer late fur cherrch"

papa.carl44

Aug 19, 2010, 4:08:05 PM8/19/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I knew a couple I wouldn't mess with. I grew up in a very mixed
neighborhood from birth ( 44 ) till about 54. I learned a whole lot about
cultures and languages, and lots of tough people....but also very good
people.

galen...@yahoo.com

Aug 21, 2010, 12:20:33 PM8/21/10
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> writes:

> I just don't think God really cares, he owned both the schools. :-)

What is it with these Christian athletes praising God whenever they win,
never mentioning his name when they lose. You never hear them say, "The
good Lord made me drop the ball" or "The good Lord tripped me up behind
the line of scrimmage".

George Carlin (I'll never say, "Rest in Peace" for him")

BTW,

I saw the movie, "Facing the Giants". Loved the movie, because I'm a
Christian and I loved that message, but, the whole praising the Lord
as though he cares who wins or loses is just plain annoying.

--
Galen Boyer

Ritchie

Aug 21, 2010, 6:08:24 PM8/21/10

> I saw the movie, "Facing the Giants".  Loved the movie, because I'm a
> Christian and I loved that message, but, the whole praising the Lord
> as though he cares who wins or loses is just plain annoying.

Thats was a very good movie

papa.carl44

Aug 22, 2010, 11:01:37 PM8/22/10

<galen...@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:14qaaog...@yahoo.com...

Didn't see the movie. I'll give it a look. My college coach was a wild man
about this stuff. I really liked him, loved the guy...but always felt he
just didn't get it on this subject. It's a game, and a game that when I
played it I really wanted to win. I played very hard too. However, me
being me...doing my best and giving it my best was what I believed was my
"spiritual contribution"....I just always felt that there were a lot more
important things going on than this game.