Santonio Is A Must Have

JetsLife

May 25, 2011, 6:12:49 PM5/25/11
This kid's competitive outlook in this interview represents the kind
of mentality necessary to be the best. He is pure and simple a must
have.

If we had deployed him earlier in the AFC Champ maybe we advance and
then maybe we win it all. All he does is make game-breaking plays.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/24/interview-with-santonio-holmes-wr-new-york-jets/

Message has been deleted

Michael

May 26, 2011, 1:30:15 PM5/26/11
On May 26, 12:35 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/24/interview-with-santon...
>
> Thanks for posting but on the championship game these are Ryan's
> words.
>
> “I just ripped the defense, tore into them. I said, ‘How about this
> for a halftime adjustment – how about tackling some motherf—-er,
> because there’s nothing wrong with the scheme!’”

the first half defense cost them a trip to the superbowl... in the
second half, the jets offense had the steelers on their heels. i
still cant believe the jets defense was tackling so poorly. it was a
disgraceful effort.

though... i dont think the jets could have beaten GB in the
superbowl. GB is excellent and getting better. look how young that
team is

JetsLife

May 27, 2011, 7:02:20 PM5/27/11
On May 26, 12:35 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > This kid's competitive outlook in this interview represents the kind
> > of mentality necessary to be the best. He is pure and simple a must
> > have.
>
> > If we had deployed him earlier in the AFC Champ maybe we advance and
> > then maybe we win it all. All he does is make game-breaking plays.
>
> >http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/05/24/interview-with-santon...
>
> Thanks for posting but on the championship game these are Ryan's
> words.
>
> “I just ripped the defense, tore into them. I said, ‘How about this
> for a halftime adjustment – how about tackling some motherf—-er,
> because there’s nothing wrong with the scheme!’”

What else would one expect him to say? He is *always* more harsh on
the defense.

Did you think he was going to say: "Hey Schotty, why has the offense
only put up 3 points? Where is Santonio? WTF is going on with you
guys?"

JetsLife

May 27, 2011, 7:07:10 PM5/27/11
> team is- Hide quoted text -

You mean the first-half defense which allowed 17 points? Or that same
defense which allowed 17 points *throughout the entire game*?

No, the Jets defense did its job. Allowing 17 points on the road is
enough.

The Jets lost that game because the offense layed an egg. 17 offensive
points in 60 minutes is bunk. The defense scored 2 for themselves,
lest one forgets.

Bring back Santonio and have an offense that does something in the AFC
Championship.

Ritchie

May 29, 2011, 2:51:48 PM5/29/11
> Championship.- Hide quoted text -

Their defense laid an even bigger egg in the first half!

Papa Carl

May 29, 2011, 3:51:44 PM5/29/11

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Normally I would just jump in and agree Richie....I can see how people think
that. But in a playoff level game, the O must do something to help the D.
The O did nothing in the first half. It took some time for the D to figure
it out, but they did do it and stopped them. When the D is struggling...the
O has to do something....keep the D off the field longer etc. Defenses will
have problems and sometimes when you can't figure out the scheme all else
goes bad...tackling etc is poor because you are back on your heels, that's
when the "team" part comes to play, and the O MUST take some time and put up
at least something...FG maybe. They are close, but not there yet...I don't
want to see them lose too many of the parts now.