Re: D holds 3 times... the O nothing...

Message has been deleted

cd

Jan 8, 2011, 8:54:10 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 8:49 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> This is exactly what I was scared of.
> The D starts out well, but the same O crap.
> And when Shonn is in, they rush him on the sweep... playing into the quickness of Colts.
>
> They need to take the LOS, and rush Shonn straight ahead.

Didn't get two passes to Holmes on third down for no conversion, when
Cotchery or Greene would likely get you a first down.

Message has been deleted

JetsLife

Jan 8, 2011, 9:16:20 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 8:49 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> This is exactly what I was scared of.
> The D starts out well, but the same O crap.
> And when Shonn is in, they rush him on the sweep... playing into the quickness of Colts.
>
> They need to take the LOS, and rush Shonn straight ahead.

If Slauson does his job drive 1 or 2 on the screen the Jets offense
looks much better. If the o-line does it job Sanchez can hit a wide-
open Holmes.

Our offensive line is getting used thus far.

Bottom line: 0 offensive points thus far.

Message has been deleted

Grinch

Jan 8, 2011, 9:52:01 PM1/8/11
On Jan 8, 9:09 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> It's just freakin' crazy.  It's the same thing... too much LT... too much motion, etc. How
> long is the D going to keep the Colts scoreless?
> Everything we're doing plays to the Colts strengths.  They're not even respecting the run
> anymore, choosing to speed rush even with play-action.
>
> Unless the O gets smart soon, this is going to turn ugly.  We fall behind, then watch,
> that's when Schott will remember Shonn is on the team.

Burf, you keep talking about everything *except* Sanchez's one
horrible throw after another, turning open receivers positioned by
Schott for TDs into incomplete, incomplete, incomplete, Gawd awful
*stupid* pick in scoring position.

Everything Sanchez has thrown has been high, EVERYTHING. Even the
catches by Holmes and Edwards were *leaping* catches, on way high
balls.

First half Sanchez: 9 of 18, 84yds, 4.7 per attempt, rating ... 38.
Say: "SANCHEZ". That's why the team has scored 0.

And this is with him having all day to throw. His pick he held, and
held, and held, and held, missing Keller wide open the whole time,
then he said too late "There's Keller!" and heaved it way over
Keller's head to the defender.

Thats not the OL, nor Schott, nor not running Greene enough -- that's
SANCHEZ.

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Jan 8, 2011, 11:13:04 PM1/8/11
In article
<15408f33-649c-4f01...@g26g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,
JetsLife <Jets...@aol.com> wrote:

Life, there are two ways to look at it. One is that surprise surprise,
Slauson was slow moving to his side. You are right but are you surprised.

Another is that a moron put him in a position where the success of a
play depended on his moving his feet quickly to the side. Something
about putting people in positions where they can succeed.

Harlan Lachman

Jan 8, 2011, 11:22:08 PM1/8/11
In article
<01a2e1a7-a134-4ee0...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
Grinch <oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote:

Grinch, the ugly throws were ugly.

OTOH, Keller mistimed his jump on the only interception - it should have
been a catch -- Santonio dropped a first down cause the ball hit him in
the hands, Sanchez completed passes on the TD drives, and he completed
big throws at the end.

Cold and hot if you ask me and extra credit for the amazing tosses to LT.