Ping: Tutor

Ray O'Hara

Oct 17, 2011, 9:04:19 PM10/17/11
tell me that wasn't a gift, Revis held the guy the whole way and then
shoved him away befor making the interception.
talk about Referee making a home team call.

Señor Patriots

Oct 18, 2011, 2:28:02 AM10/18/11
You gotta hand it to him. Well done. Bien hecho.

I can't imagine how the official in the end zone missed it. That was
perhaps one of the most blatant hatchet jobs I've ever witnessed.
That was a world class hatchet job.

I am not a rule book geek so I don't know for a fact that Marshall
didn't start it by trying to push Revis out of the way, and deny him
his space that he already owned. It should be interesting to see how
some neutral observers saw it.

Tutor

Oct 18, 2011, 2:25:15 AM10/18/11
On Oct 17, 8:04 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
hey, just back from the game. Yup. Now you know what it feels like.
Its an example of what we see every fukin week with the refs during
pats games. There is no team that gets more one-sided favorable
treatment than the Pats, not even the Steelers. It's a friggin
disgrace to the game. So when the Jets finally get one favorable
call, there you and idiot Pratt are to point it out. This
demonstrates beyond any doubt how you know you've been getting the
lion's share of calls for many years now. Otherwise you wouldn't be
reacting this way.

Pats get favorable treatment from NFL officials. Period. You know
it, I know it and so do most fans who see it every week.

Tutor

Oct 18, 2011, 3:09:08 AM10/18/11
On Oct 17, 8:04 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
actually, I was sitting on the other end of the field and now that I
got to watch this replay (particularly the second play of it at :20
in) http://tinyurl.com/3gw6vf8 Revis is facing the QB watching
him. Marshall is steamrolling into him, not unlike a charge in
basketball. I can see why there is no flag here. Easy for this to be
a no PI/Holding call. It could be called either way. But it's not as
bad a non call as claimed by you and the moron troll here. In any
evant I am laughing at all of you showing your colors. Now we know
you see that Pats gat the calls. Otherwise youwouldn't be licking
your chops at the oppportunity. You are too funny. And so
predictable.

Anyway its kinda sweet to share the patriots/Steelers ref preferential
treatment hat, if but for a brief moment. Maybe the refs forgot what
teams were playing. Don't worry fellas, the calls will still greatly
favor the Pats for quite some time. Have no fear, your 12th man on
the field will always be there to help at the best possible times for
you.

Percy Flage

Oct 18, 2011, 6:55:57 AM10/18/11
I thought Marshall was stumbling into Revis, hence the non-call.

Swings and roundabouts - Greene got tackled by the 12th man. ;)

--
Percy Flage
"Life is too short to have to explain everyday."

JohnC(TX)

Oct 18, 2011, 9:17:35 AM10/18/11

"Percy Flage" <percy.flage_REM@OVE_ianwhitephoto.co.uk> wrote in message
The WR doesn't have a right to take away the defenders space. That would
have been a horrible PI.

I assume all these dweebs were upset when Bush was sprung free by a block in
the back on Westerman.

Tutor

Oct 18, 2011, 12:12:43 PM10/18/11
> the back on Westerman.- Hide quoted text -

No, they are spinning in circles because they are so angry that I
think the Pats get extreme preferential treatment from the refs as do
the Steelers. They be getting red in the face trying to argue
otherwise instead of laughing it off. Guess there is something there
bothering them. Haha.

Ray O'Hara

Oct 18, 2011, 11:43:13 PM10/18/11

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

no they don't. only you see it.
and the fact the towo calls you bitched about were made by Refs against the
Pats and they took challenges by BB and replay to overturn.
yeah some favoritism.

Tutor

Oct 19, 2011, 12:10:27 AM10/19/11
On Oct 18, 10:43 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Tutor" <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
don't be so touchy. I watched Ty Law hold, put his hands all over,
mug and who knows what else to Jets receivers and never get called for
years. And yes, lots of people see the blatant favoritism the f-ing
refs give the Pats. It happens every damned week. Had the Revis play
been Brady-to-Branch, it would have been flagged. Had it been a Jet
receiver instead of Branch that lost the ball, then the call would not
have been overturned. It's that simple. And for you to allege that
"only I see it". Bwahahahaha. THis issue has been discussed for quite
some time by many. Your team gets preferential treatment and the rest
of us have to deal with it. When it comes to the Pats, the refs become
the 3 blind mice, with prejudice. :)

Harlan Lachman

Oct 19, 2011, 12:28:39 AM10/19/11
In article <9g549u...@mid.individual.net>,
Actually, I thought Gruden was missing the point that the call could
have gone either way. A no call was better than another unfair defensive
pass interference but there was so much contact some interference, IMHO
offensive pass interference, should have been called.

harlan

rt

Oct 20, 2011, 3:08:24 AM10/20/11
On 2011-10-18 07:09:08 +0000, Tutor said:

> On Oct 17, 8:04 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>  tell me that wasn't a gift, Revis held the guy the whole way and then
>> shoved him away befor making the interception.
>> talk about Referee making a home team call.
>
> actually, I was sitting on the other end of the field and now that I
> got to watch this replay (particularly the second play of it at :20
> in) http://tinyurl.com/3gw6vf8 Revis is facing the QB watching
> him. Marshall is steamrolling into him, not unlike a charge in
> basketball. I can see why there is no flag here.

That is because, apparently, you don't understand the rules.

After inital contact, way past five yards, Marshall is veering right,
Revis is using his left arm to impede him. Just watch the video clip
you cited.

Illegal contact is defined as "After five yards, if a receiver attempts to
evade a defender, the defender cannot make contact that impedes the
receiver in any way, as long as the quarterback is in the pocket with
the football."

That was indisputibly an uncalled "illegal contact" foul.

Nonetheless, my suckass team wouldn't have beaten your suckass team on
Monday night with or without that call, just to be clear.

But that non-call was a gift. Jets seem to get those in MNF games
against Miami. ;-)

rt

Tutor

Oct 20, 2011, 11:07:08 AM10/20/11
if it was Cromartie, you woulda had your flag.

Harlan Lachman

Oct 21, 2011, 7:37:48 PM10/21/11
In article <4e9fc8e8$0$2083$c3e8da3$a909...@news.astraweb.com>,
That is not what I saw. I saw the receiver run into the defender to
occupy the space the defender had gained occupancy on.

While it is true, that today, legitimately holding one's position is
almost always called PI just as hard legal hits on Qbs (except Vick) are
called roughing, this particular play was much less black and white than
some are reporting.

Tutor

Oct 22, 2011, 12:05:30 AM10/22/11
On Oct 21, 7:37 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article <4e9fc8e8$0$2083$c3e8da3$a9097...@news.astraweb.com>,
> h- Hide quoted text -

Marshall lost his balance. He faked an out move and tried to break
back sharply to the inside. His outside foot slipped a little and he
came out of his break off-balance. He basically ran Revis over and
revis had to hold Marshall up or they both would have gone down. After
a step or two off-balance the ball was in the air. Marshall never
looked for the ball because he was stumbling. (that should tell you
everything you need to knoe right there. He never even looked back.
Once the ball was on the way Revis , as he said, had to get Marshall
out of the way.......so he did. If anyone was guilty of interference
it was <drumroll>........Marshall.