Contracts

Sean

Sep 2, 2010, 5:49:18 PM9/2/10
Can anyone advise a site where a simpleton like me can get the "NFL
Contracts for Dummies"-type explanation. Just when I think I have a
handle on it.... Now I hear a player's salary is GUARANTEED by virtue
of the fact that he is the roster opening day? Doesn't that seem to
imply that contracts are, in fact, guaranteed? And who gives a darn
how long a player's deal is, if they are only getting (in many
circumstances) the guaranteed money?Thanks, Sean

Ray O'Hara

Sep 2, 2010, 6:37:37 PM9/2/10

"Sean" <BOSS...@aol.com> wrote in message

guaranteed for that season and even then I think there is a point where they
can still cut you and save some of the salary