FA D-Line-Pass Rushers

1 view

Michael

Jan 25, 2011, 12:03:38 PM1/25/11
Who are the FA D-Line-Pass rushers out there ??? Seems as if all the
players wanna come to the Jets now. Perhap's Rex's player friendly
style will help them bring talent on board ???

Message has been deleted

Michael

Jan 25, 2011, 4:32:49 PM1/25/11
On Jan 25, 3:07 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/dl.html
>
> http://www.nfltraderumors.co/2011/01/top-50-nfl-free-agents/
>
> The big one is Ngata but do we have that kind of dough?
>
> If there is no CBA by March 3 then no one can sign.  Now that is the
> leverage that may allow us to sign Cromartie at a discounted rate as
> he is already screaming about the lockout.  If you could pay him 1/2
> of what a FA CB would be worth in upfront $, do you?
>
> The other interesting dynamic is that although no one can sign after
> March 3 --if the lockout occurs-- they will still hold the draft.  If
> a team goes & drafts a top DL, CB etc. then that could take one more
> team out of the market.

i cant imagine the ravens will let ngata walk... also hard to keep
track of what the jets will have to spend with all the comings and
goings and cba uncertainty thrown in... i think cro will stick with
the jets because it appears that even though he may not get the
biggest contract from the jets, it will be a sure way for him to get
quick ready cash... tanny seems to be on the ball so i think the jets
will get value. if the can find a way to keep both edwards and
santonio they should add tanny to the jet's ring of honor. i just
hope that they get the d-line manpower that they badly need. also...
i dont know what it is worth, but a bunch of players the past two
seasons have said that they want to play for rex. could it be that a
quality FA would take less or be more "reasonable" just to come to the
jets ??? it really looks as if rex himself is a powerful recruiting
inducement.

Percy Flage

Jan 26, 2011, 10:33:00 AM1/26/11

I think the FA's will be banging the doors down to play for Rex,
especially those that are mis-fits with their current teams.

From the lists :-

QB
Let Clemens and Brunell go
Bring back Pennington and is Ainge out of rehab?

RB
Let LT go
Bring in any of the top 10 FAs. (Benson, Ward, Sproles, Dicky
Williams? etc.)

FB
Let T-Rich go
We've got "Stone-hands" Conner and FBs never catch the ball anyway.

WR
Spend money here, keep Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery

TE
Draft

OL
I have no idea other than Ducasse needs to show some of that promise.

DL/DE
Pryce and Ellis will probably go - again no idea from me.

LB
Keep Harris - not great in pass coverage but a good run stopper.

CBs
We're set thanks. Cromartie just needs a 500k signing bonus and he'll
sign for 501k

Now they've figured out how to use him, I'd re-sign Smith

K/P
Sign Vinatieri for a billion bucks.
Ben Graham's available too. ;)

--
Percy Flage
The off-season seems pretty short, nowadays. ;)