there will be a new rule coming

Ray O'Hara

Dec 16, 2010, 12:26:19 PM12/16/10
Call it the Rex Rule.
it will regulate where you can stand.
and heavily penalize pick plays like the wall.
the wall seems smart, but now realizing that the Jest blockers were trying
to run the gunner into it seems downright dirty.
Chuck Knoll/John Madden dirty.

marcman

Dec 16, 2010, 1:19:00 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 12:26 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Call it the Rex Rule.
>  it will regulate where you can stand.

Sorry to piss in your Wheaties Ray, but there already are rules in the
NFL rulebook that govern where coaches, players, substitution players,
etc., are allowed to stand.

Maybe you meant to write that there will be a rule clarification
coming. That's already been announced, and may have already happened,
not sure if that memo went out to the 32 teams yet or not.

Michael

Dec 16, 2010, 1:33:46 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 12:26 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

i guess they are gonna enforce those rules now... i cant wait to see
the game tonight... i bet everyone will back way off... like near the
player bench.... all but the hc oc dc stc

Ritchie

Dec 16, 2010, 5:19:17 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 12:26 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Such a rule already exists, they are just going to enforce it now.

cloud dreamer

Dec 16, 2010, 5:33:21 PM12/16/10

Guess that means the Jests were cheating.

..

Ray O'Hara

Dec 16, 2010, 7:54:47 PM12/16/10

"marcman" <marcman...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Alosi was standing there legally,
it's the trying to push the gunner into the wall that needs addressing. a
rule like cutting someone engaged
pushing into the wall.

Ritchie

Dec 16, 2010, 8:20:12 PM12/16/10

ALL teams broke this rule, not just the Jets. Its common practice
among the teams. Its just that until the idiot Alosi stuck his knee
out no one gave a damn about enforcing it. By the way Alosi had the
right to be where he was standing, the players did not. A coach or
member of the coaching staff can stand right behind the thick white
line, the players must stand behind the thin white line that is approx
3 ft behind the thick one. Until this coming week, not one player on
any team paid attention to that rule. This week you can bet that all
players on every team will be behind that thin line.

CalC

Dec 16, 2010, 8:39:03 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 7:54 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "marcman" <marcmanstud...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I have no problem with "where" Alosi was standing....what he did and
the other players there is my heartburn. If this had not been "caught"
my hunch is at some point Sal would have gotten his from a gunner who
purposely bulldozed him in a blowout.

marcman

Dec 16, 2010, 9:10:59 PM12/16/10

"Situation substation players" are also allowed in the area that Alosi
was in. It's not 100% cut and dried at any given time which players
are technically allowed and which ones aren't. Besides of course d and
st players when the team is on o, and vice versa. But inactive players
like the five that stood alongside Alosi, and the rest, are never
allowed in that area.

Polarhound

Dec 16, 2010, 9:40:43 PM12/16/10
On 12/16/2010 1:19 PM, marcman wrote:
> On Dec 16, 12:26 pm, "Ray O'Hara"<raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Call it the Rex Rule.
>> it will regulate where you can stand.
>

> Sorry to piss in your Wheaties Ray, but there already are rules in the
> NFL rulebook that govern where coaches, players, substitution players,
> etc., are allowed to stand.

Never mind the fact that the rules were ALREADY broken. Inactive
players (of which several were part of that line) were not supposed to
be in that area to start with!

Ray O'Hara

Dec 17, 2010, 10:41:20 AM12/17/10

"CalC" <calcar...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

to Sal's credit he took the exposed spot.
and yeah what's happens to him if the gunner even gets pushed into him.
the NFL is ruthless with players, a low level coach who's injured is
scarewed

Ray O'Hara

Dec 17, 2010, 10:44:15 AM12/17/10

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I'm talking about the fact the Jest were trying to deliberately force
defenders into the wall.
in effect adding blockers, it doesn't matter who is standing there. or that
the coach was legally there.
the issue is the blockers using the wall to pick gunners.

Message has been deleted

rt

Dec 17, 2010, 12:41:35 PM12/17/10
On Dec 17, 8:18 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm talking about the fact the Jest were trying to deliberately force
> > defenders into the wall.
> > in effect adding blockers, it doesn't matter who is standing there. or that
> > the coach was legally there.
> > the issue is the blockers using the wall to pick gunners.
>
> Ray, the gunner was breaking the rule.  If he went back on the field
> as he was supposed to the wall has no value.

I am amazed to read more delusional commentary on wallgate. What was
the gunner supposed to do- utilize his amazing spider strength to jump
over the double team the pushed him ob?

Look at the freaking video for chrissake. When dickhead tripped him
he was angled back to the field of play. There is NO rule that says
when a player is forced OB he must immediately return IB via the
absolute shortest vector.

rt

yoyodog

Dec 17, 2010, 5:38:33 PM12/17/10

"Ray O'Hara" <raymon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Simple solution:

Line the field with hockey boards. Arena football for stadiums. No more
line of players. No more issue about two feet needing to be inbounds.
Plenty of spectacular crashes. Every Sunday will be like a demolition derby
:-)

Deadmeat

Dec 17, 2010, 7:38:34 PM12/17/10

So now the jets were trying to force runners into the wall? A few days
ago it was the Dolphins that were cheating. Make up your fucking mind.
That is, after you find it.

Tutor

Dec 17, 2010, 10:09:38 PM12/17/10
On Dec 16, 12:26 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Dude,

the Pats have been using the Wall all season. Why would it be called
a Rex rule. Rex probably learned it from watching tapes of the Pats.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/12/16/are-patriots-also-guilty-of-lining-sideline-on-punt-coverage/?icid=main%7Chtmlws-main-n%7Cdl4%7Csec3_lnk2%7C190513

papa.carl44

Dec 23, 2010, 10:23:34 PM12/23/10

"yoyodog" <NOS...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I like it....we get closer and closer to Rollerball all the time.