Would you make this deal?

graybeard

Oct 25, 2011, 1:14:24 PM10/25/11
Let's say that Tim Tebow plays very well the rest of the season, but
that the Broncos have so many problems that they still get a top 10, or
even a top 5 pick in the draft.

And let's say that the Dolphins are really as bad as they have looked
and they beat out the Colts for the #1 pick.

If you are Miami, do you offer to trade the #1 pick to Denver for Tebow
and the Broncos' first rounder?

Tebow would certainly put people in the seats in Miami, and Elway would
love to grab the best QB prospect coming out of Stanford since himself.

Or is Luck just too good a player to pass up?

By the way, I originally typed that Tebow would put asses in the seats
in Miami, but then I realized that someone wouldn't be able to resist
replying that there are already enough asses in the seats in Miami ;-)
--
graybeard

Deadmeat

Oct 25, 2011, 1:17:01 PM10/25/11
On 10/25/2011 1:14 PM, graybeard wrote:
> Let's say that Tim Tebow plays very well the rest of the season, but
> that the Broncos have so many problems that they still get a top 10, or
> even a top 5 pick in the draft.
>
> And let's say that the Dolphins are really as bad as they have looked
> and they beat out the Colts for the #1 pick.
>
> If you are Miami, do you offer to trade the #1 pick to Denver for Tebow
> and the Broncos' first rounder?

No offense, but are you fucking nuts?

> Tebow would certainly put people in the seats in Miami, and Elway would
> love to grab the best QB prospect coming out of Stanford since himself.
>
> Or is Luck just too good a player to pass up?
>
> By the way, I originally typed that Tebow would put asses in the seats
> in Miami, but then I realized that someone wouldn't be able to resist
> replying that there are already enough asses in the seats in Miami ;-)

Yeah, they're the ones that moved here from New York.

Michael

Oct 25, 2011, 1:49:34 PM10/25/11
the only guy on the jets i would trade for tebow is wayne hunter.

graybeard

Oct 25, 2011, 2:20:58 PM10/25/11
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:49:34 -0700 (PDT), Michael <mjd...@verizon.net>
wrote:
I don't recall mentioning the Jets. Tebow does not have the
marketability in New York that he has in Miami.
--
graybeard

Michael

Oct 25, 2011, 2:25:08 PM10/25/11
On Oct 25, 2:20 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:49:34 -0700 (PDT), Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net>
> graybeard- Hide quoted text -

pardon... i'll check my sense of humor at the door next time :-)

Deadmeat

Oct 25, 2011, 2:43:14 PM10/25/11
With the exception of a few Gator fans, most football fans in Miami
hate Tebow. There were a lot of Tebow fans at the game on Sunday, only
because the Dolphins suck and they were able to scoop up a bunch of
tickets because of the Gators being honored that day.

Nice try, however.

Michael

Oct 25, 2011, 2:46:09 PM10/25/11
On Oct 25, 2:43 pm, Deadmeat <Deadmeat> wrote:
> On 10/25/2011 2:20 PM, graybeard wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:49:34 -0700 (PDT), Michael<mjd1...@verizon.net>
> Nice try, however.- Hide quoted text -

well, at least you guys are leading the "suck for luck" contest. i
REALLY hope the Fish get him. it sucks not having good rival teams
other than the pats. we'll see what the bills are very soon...

oldn...@mindspring.com

Oct 25, 2011, 3:33:51 PM10/25/11
After watching him on Sunday I say, now more than ever, Denver should put in a single-wing package for Tebow. What has that team got to lose? It'd at least make the rest of the season fun and interesting with team being talked about.

As to the trade, what position would the Dolphins play him at? Fullback? Linebacker? That seems a lot to pay for one of them.

If QB, I dunno, does guaranteeing your team will be in last place for at least another three years sell at lot of season tickets?

FOers on Tebow's performance Sunday:

"Tebow, the clutchiest heartiest grittiest winningest leader who ever led his team to win a clutchy hearty gritty thing, had -11 DYAR in overtime. Keep in mind that he did all this against the Dolphins, who came into the weekend 30th against the pass in our defensive rankings. Expect darker days when the competition gets tougher against Detroit next week.

"And the mind reels at what could happen when the Broncos play Rex Ryan and the Jets on a Thursday night in November."

Tutor

Oct 25, 2011, 6:41:00 PM10/25/11
if the fish and colts tie for worst, doesn't it go to the team with
the easier strength of schedule? Probably be the colts

Deadmeat

Oct 25, 2011, 6:58:58 PM10/25/11
Yep, it would be the colts. Maybe they'll trade their No.1 for Tebow.

John C TX

Oct 25, 2011, 7:45:55 PM10/25/11
At least he didn't curse at you.

:)

Gray, Luck could be the next great QB. Tebow is a white Brad Smith
who can't run back kicks.

Señor Patriots

Oct 25, 2011, 8:10:29 PM10/25/11
On Oct 25, 12:14 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> By the way, I originally typed that Tebow would put asses in the seats
> in Miami,

Gray, I'd be very worried - like VERY worried - that he'd put asses
in the seats for about six games and then everybody would be throwing
the season tickets into the bonfire outside the stadium. You know how
fickle football fans are. Couple that with the high potential for
BUST and I would never make that trade.

Besides, Luck is one heck of a QB.

Señor Patriots

Oct 25, 2011, 8:13:58 PM10/25/11
On Oct 25, 6:45 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Gray, Luck could be the next great QB.  Tebow is a white Brad Smith
> who can't run back kicks.

According to ever QB that I've heard speak on the matter, Tebow's
mechanics are so horrible that he simply better be the world's fastest
learner or he's going to embarrass himself.

All the hype makes me wary of who he really is. From what I can tell
(not that much) he's not going to be in the league that long.

graybeard

Oct 25, 2011, 11:07:06 PM10/25/11
SP, thanks for making a cogent, reasoned argument, rather than the
knee-jerk responses that some others have contributed. Notice I never
asked if anyone would make that trade now - I certainly wouldn't. I
stipulated that Tebow would have to play very well for the rest of the
season, in other words he would play well enough to make the idea of the
trade more intriguing.
--
graybeard

graybeard

Oct 25, 2011, 11:09:34 PM10/25/11
On Tue, 25 Oct 2011 16:45:55 -0700 (PDT), John C TX
<johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Gray, Luck could be the next great QB. Tebow is a white Brad Smith
>who can't run back kicks.

Ever see Joe Kapp play?
--
graybeard

Deadmeat

Oct 25, 2011, 11:19:05 PM10/25/11
I'm sorry, did mt knee jerk reactions offend your delicate sensibilities?

The guy has shown no ability to play in the NFL whatsoever, and unless
Jesus helps him out the rest of the season, he ain't getting any better.
So my knee jerk reaction was to one of the most ridiculous questions
I've heard when it comes to Tebow.

Papa Carl

Oct 26, 2011, 12:00:00 AM10/26/11

"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
Gray...that was back when they still played football though.

graybeard

Oct 26, 2011, 1:18:04 AM10/26/11
On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 00:00:00 -0400, "Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net>
wrote:
Yeah, you're right. Pretty soon NFL football will just be the adult
version of a Pass, Punt, and Kick contest.
--
graybeard

Papa Carl

Oct 26, 2011, 8:17:59 AM10/26/11

"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
I realize the key players are better athletes today, but it has to be the
rules that have allowed the game to change so. I like watching tapes of old
games like when Kapp played and if people don't think his toughness was fun
to watch compared to just throwing the ball most of the time I don't get
it.....or maybe I do, I don't play video games either....I'm old. :-)

John C TX

Oct 26, 2011, 8:50:20 AM10/26/11
> >Gray, Luck could be the next great QB.  Tebow is a white Brad Smith
> >who can't run back kicks.
>
> Ever see Joe Kapp play?
> --
> graybeard

Gray, I vaguely remember him in his Super Bowl year but I was a kid. I
looked it up & he played in Canada first & only played in the NFL for
4 years. He went to the Super Bowl but in those days 50% completion
rate was good 1-1 TD's to INT was OK. His numbers don't blow you
away.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KappJo00.htm

btw Tebow is a much better athlete. I just don't think he is an NFL
starter or star and that is why you make that trade.

John C TX

Oct 26, 2011, 9:08:31 AM10/26/11
On Oct 26, 7:17 am, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "graybeard" <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> > On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 00:00:00 -0400, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net>
> > wrote:
>
> >>"graybeard" <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

> >>Gray...that was back when they still played football though.
>
> > Yeah, you're right. Pretty soon NFL football will just be the adult
> > version of a Pass, Punt, and Kick contest.
> > --
> > graybeard
>
> I realize the key players are better athletes today, but it has to be the
> rules that have allowed the game to change so.  I like watching tapes of old
> games like when Kapp played and if people don't think his toughness was fun
> to watch compared to just throwing the ball most of the time I don't get
> it.....or maybe I do, I don't play video games either....I'm old. :-)

Papa, if you are a torrent guy find the South Africa v Australia World
Cup. It will bring back a few memories or remind you of the parts of
your body that is hurting.

:)

If you get bored here is some analysis videos:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/video-analysis/

Papa Carl

Oct 26, 2011, 11:58:10 AM10/26/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Thanks John....I do enjoy looking at this stuff sometimes. LOL...parts that
are hurting...the whole damn thing hurts. I just passed on some knee
surgery. I did my research and talked to a couple of the docs I've become
friends with about it. At my age, arthroscopic knee surgery has less than a
50% chance of doing what it is supposed to do and can actually inflame the
arthritis and make it worse. So...considering a messed up hernia surgery
started all my adventures leading to two organ transplants I passed on this
plan. I use the knee braces and ice...and take nite time tylenol going to
bed. I can live with it and stay OUT of hospitals. I'm coming to the
conclusion that there just some things I won't be doing much anymore...can
deal with it.