Ducasse... Just a thought that crossed my mind....

1 view

Michael

Sep 26, 2011, 11:55:26 PM9/26/11
As bad as Hunter is, the cs has not even considered putting Ducasse in
the game... Rex spoke up in defense of Ducasse in the pre-season, but
actions speak truth. Can you imagine just how bad Ducasse must be in
order for the cs to keep him out of the game EVEN with Hunter looking
so horrendous ???

How the hell did they ever go into the season with this line ???

Papa Carl

Sep 27, 2011, 12:15:03 AM9/27/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Michael...a lot of folks seem to be asking that question. I think all the
late preseason crap Rex was spouting off on about how they were opening it
up, going to throw the ball was just cover for the fact they suck as far as
any running game goes. Somebody did a horrendous job on this O line depth.
John seems to think it was just circumstances and injuries...I don't think
that. It's not like they have one guy who is weak...they have a collection
of them. If Hunter is better than Ducasse...Vlad should be doing whatever
it was he went to school for...not playing football. The thing that gets me
is Baxter was not the weak link on the O line, it didn't look that way to me
at least...he is not Mangold...but unless Mangold comes back soon...they are
in some serious trouble...Sanchez will not last long.

Michael

Sep 27, 2011, 12:28:48 AM9/27/11
On Sep 27, 12:15 am, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Baxter was far from the weak link. Hunter was. Baxter did a good job
of it He's not a world class technician like Mangold, but he was
holding his own. He is also surprisingly fast when he gets out to
block. Hunter is an unmitigated disaster and so is Ducasse. Any
way... The Jets cs and management blew it big time. This line spells
doom for the season and doom for the qb. They had better try
somthing... ANYTHING to get Hunter off the field. Bring in another
FA.

John C TX

Sep 27, 2011, 8:48:37 AM9/27/11
On Sep 26, 11:15 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > As bad as Hunter is, the cs has not even considered putting Ducasse in
> > the game... Rex spoke up in defense of Ducasse in the pre-season, but
> > actions speak truth.  Can you imagine just how bad Ducasse must be in
> > order for the cs to keep him out of the game EVEN with Hunter looking
> > so horrendous ???
>
> > How the hell did they ever go into the season with this line ???
>
> Michael...a lot of folks seem to be asking that question.  I think all the
> late preseason crap Rex was spouting off on about how they were opening it
> up, going to throw the ball was just cover for the fact they suck as far as
> any running game goes.  Somebody did a horrendous job on this O line depth.
> John seems to think it was just circumstances and injuries...
Yes, injuries are part of it because it weakened our depth at 3 slots
but based on what Hunter has done I would agree with you that someone
screwed up. Someone over estimated Hunter or maybe underestimated how
bad the RT would look w/o Hunter playing "TE." Could that be it?

>I don't think
> that.  It's not like they have one guy who is weak...they have a collection
> of them.  If Hunter is better than Ducasse...Vlad should be doing whatever
> it was he went to school for...not playing football.

I hope to God they aren't holding onto him because he was a 2nd
rounder. there are guys out there why aren't we bringing them in?

http://www.nfl.com/player/danielloper/2506486/profile

Michael

Sep 27, 2011, 1:20:32 PM9/27/11
> > in some serious trouble...Sanchez will not last long.- Hide quoted text -

that's probably the case... the guy(s) behind the pick is being a
"save-ass"

Papa Carl

Sep 27, 2011, 2:43:59 PM9/27/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Did you ever wonder how many horrendous situations go on today because of
this new "never admit you were wrong, save ass" attitude?

Michael

Sep 27, 2011, 3:10:11 PM9/27/11
> this new "never admit you were wrong, save ass" attitude?- Hide quoted text -

no... i dont wonder about it... i *know* all about it. i see it in
business every single day. not so much with sales professionals who's
income is self determined based on effort and ability or people that
actually make/produce somthing within a company, but i see it from
high level management all the time. oddly enough, people in upper
management/administration that are the biggest "save asses" almost
always turn out to be the ones that are the hardest to get rid of
along with being the most destructive to an organization's mission.
they know full well that they have little practical advantage over
others, so they put all their effort into building a protective
network of cronies to sustain themselves... the cronies also tend to
be useless "yes men" that are also destructive. who HASNT seen it
yet ???

Papa Carl

Sep 27, 2011, 7:54:31 PM9/27/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
I was hoping some genius could come up with a statistic telling us how many
"save ass" assholes created what percentage of all the problems today :-)
Boy do I hear you loud and clear...the clowns that ran the last place I
worked were right at the top....they took a very productive organization and
turned it into a mess and now it is a mere shell of what it once was...but
they are all sure they "have a handle on it now...can get our arms around
it...take a bit out of it...can huddle up and get a good game plan for
this...." and on and on with all the BS...while Rome burns. I'm glad I'm
retired. But...they did steal most of my pension :-)

Johnny Morongo

Sep 27, 2011, 8:24:13 PM9/27/11
Sorry to hear about your pension. Mine SEEMS fairly safe now, but I do
want to say a word about the "save asses" you and Michael have been
talking about: those in education are lethal to the future, and they
abound in the administrations of all systems.

Small rant.

Papa Carl

Sep 27, 2011, 8:54:39 PM9/27/11

"Johnny Morongo" <Mor...@Burf.com> wrote in message
But oh so true. I left education to go work in behavioral healthcare...for
a while it was a very refreshing change...then the BS caught up there too.
When I was first working in a big hospital system that was very public and
serviced an inner city population it was not bad at all...really had
priorities set well...but when I took a job in a private system where I was
promised I could develop my own programs it all changed...I did really well,
had some great stuff working but the guys on top kept doing deals with
insurance companies and giving services away to get some crap back that
usually never worked for them. They took a comprehensive program and turned
it into a mess that only does contract work for the state and takes all the
"last chance" patients nobody else wanted...then it developed a "new"
hospital, same place, different building...for their insurance patients and
of course that flopped because the big companies never made good on their
promises...NOBODY takes responsibility for any of it...and they keep
pretending it is all OK and stealing from bogus services they are supposed
to be providing to kids placed there by the state. It's all over...theft on
the corporate level is a "game plan." And they rarely "fumble the ball"
while doing that.

Michael

Sep 28, 2011, 11:22:47 AM9/28/11
> Small rant.- Hide quoted text -

Internal politics in education and medicine is the most execrable. By
their nature, you would think that those two fields would attract a
higher quality of person. Few if any self aggrandizing shit-heels…
Unfortunately, not the case… Plenty of people there are "out to
improve the human condition", but your full complement of jeark-off's
still shows up there too.

Papa Carl

Sep 28, 2011, 5:34:06 PM9/28/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
A lot of the "clinicians"...the people in direct patient contact are great
and well motivated...but the administrators, the people who "rise" to the
levels above mid management are absolutely horrible quite often. I was
always amused that we would be advising and counseling patients to accept
responsibility for their recovery, admit when they were wrong and take
control of their lives. Then, we would go to some kind of training and be
told, "never admit you are wrong.....talk to the attorney first....always
have a set of reasons why you did something"....total contradictions in what
the system knew and accepted was the right way to live and how they planned
to conduct business. I actually think I lasted quite a few years longer at
this one place because I knew too much. Some things had gone down that I
was very aware of and I think they felt they had no choice but to keep me or
kill me. When they closed entire units they always found a job for me and
usually let me do something I wanted to do...that was after some incredible
discoveries on my part. A very interesting experience...but always knew
they could not be trusted. In some of the very high end specialties doctors
sometimes take control and it is not as bad...but the "health
administrators" usually mean "witholders of services...ways to cut
corners....not really do the job"....you were quite correct in your
analysis. And education...that was already a lost cause when I left it long
ago...spent my last years in education and coaching at a parochial school.
Better...but still nuts.

Michael

Sep 28, 2011, 6:08:08 PM9/28/11
> higher quality of person.  Few if any self aggrandizing shit-heels�
> Unfortunately, not the case� Plenty of people there are "out to
> improve the human condition", but your full complement of jeark-off's
> still shows up there too.
>
> A lot of the "clinicians"...the people in direct patient contact are great
> and well motivated...but the administrators, the people who "rise" to the
> levels above mid management are absolutely horrible quite often.  I was
> always amused that we would be advising and counseling patients to accept
> responsibility for their recovery, admit when they were wrong and take
> control of their lives.  Then, we would go to some kind of training and be
> told, "never admit you are wrong.....talk to the attorney first....always
> have a set of reasons why you did something"....total contradictions in what
> the system knew and accepted was the right way to live and how they planned
> to conduct business.  I actually think I lasted quite a few years longer at
> this one place because I knew too much.  Some things had gone down that I
> was very aware of and I think they felt they had no choice but to keep me or
> kill me.  When they closed entire units they always found a job for me and
> usually let me do something I wanted to do...that was after some incredible
> discoveries on my part.  A very interesting experience...but always knew
> they could not be trusted.  In some of the very high end specialties doctors
> sometimes take control and it is not as bad...but the "health
> administrators" usually mean "witholders of services...ways to cut
> corners....not really do the job"....you were quite correct in your
> analysis.  And education...that was already a lost cause when I left it long
> ago...spent my last years in education and coaching at a parochial school.
> Better...but still nuts.- Hide quoted text -

in business, people rise to the top for two reasons most of the
time... in a well run and managed organization, people rise to
leadership positions because they are qualified and they worked very
hard. in snake pits, the people that come into power usually do so
because they are the most likely to have no reservations about swiming
along with a culture of corruption and being oppertunistic even if
their actions are destructive and counter productive. it's classic...
all of us have seen it. i work for a major manufacturer and service
large accounts. over the years, i have formed long standing and close
relationships with people that work for the businesses that I sell
to. they include small, medium and fortune 500 companies... i hear
all sorts of stories all the time. most people are fair and
productive, but there is always the case of the man/woman that worms
their way into a position of power and causes all sorts of problems
because they are horrible people and horrible at their position. those
types always have their bag of dirty tricks to harm people that
protest against their mal administration.

Papa Carl

Sep 28, 2011, 7:03:26 PM9/28/11

> higher quality of person. Few if any self aggrandizing shit-heels�
> Unfortunately, not the case� Plenty of people there are "out to
Amen