Re: Sanchez: Slight Cartilage tear in right shoulder...

Message has been deleted

DIet Plan

Dec 22, 2010, 11:39:17 PM12/22/10
On Dec 22, 9:55 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Jets QB Mark Sanchez has slight cartilage tear in throwing shoulder
> Wednesday, December 22, 2010, 8:45 PM
> By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger
>
> Today, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez said he will "definitely" play Sunday against the
> Bears, despite a "sore" throwing shoulder that required an MRI and limited him in
> practice.
>
> According to a Daily News report, Sanchez sustained a slight tear in the cartilage in his
> right shoulder during Sunday's 22-17 win at Pittsburgh. The report said it's unclear how
> the injury will affect his status for the rest of the season, but he could in theory play
> the rest of the way with this injury without issue.
>
> Sanchez was injured in the first quarter at Pittsburgh after landing awkwardly while
> running the ball. He said it didn't feel right when he fell, but he felt fine while
> throwing on the sidelines and his adrenaline took over as he finished the game without
> missing time. He had an MRI Monday and he and coach Rex Ryan said the results were
> favorable.
>
> Sanchez said he could play if the game were today. He said he should be able to get in a
> full practice by the end of the week, but is being careful to make sure he's good for the
> rest of the season.
>
> "We're being safe about it, and I'm in it for the long haul," he said. "We have hopefully
> six, seven weeks left, whatever it is, and I want to make it through all those weeks. I
> know I can with our trainers, John Mellody, and the rehab stuff we've got going on.
> They're helping me feel good."

Taco done for the year

Ray O'Hara

Dec 23, 2010, 12:26:17 AM12/23/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

being safe would be shutting him down.
knees can go on you and you can still play QB.
but a throwing shoulder is too fragile to risk.
better to sit im the rest of the year and have a future than chase a first
round loss in the playoffs and ruin him for good.

marcman

Dec 23, 2010, 2:59:21 AM12/23/10
On Dec 23, 12:26 am, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

There are different degrees of being safe, Ray.

Hard concept for you to wrap your brick head around, that things
aren't always black or white, I know, but it is what it is.

yoyodog

Dec 23, 2010, 9:13:37 AM12/23/10

"Ray O'Hara" <raymon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

In your dreams Ray, in your dreams...

Michael

Dec 23, 2010, 9:52:02 AM12/23/10
On Dec 22, 9:55 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Jets QB Mark Sanchez has slight cartilage tear in throwing shoulder
> Wednesday, December 22, 2010, 8:45 PM
> By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger
>
> Today, Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez said he will "definitely" play Sunday against the
> Bears, despite a "sore" throwing shoulder that required an MRI and limited him in
> practice.
>
> According to a Daily News report, Sanchez sustained a slight tear in the cartilage in his
> right shoulder during Sunday's 22-17 win at Pittsburgh. The report said it's unclear how
> the injury will affect his status for the rest of the season, but he could in theory play
> the rest of the way with this injury without issue.
>
> Sanchez was injured in the first quarter at Pittsburgh after landing awkwardly while
> running the ball. He said it didn't feel right when he fell, but he felt fine while
> throwing on the sidelines and his adrenaline took over as he finished the game without
> missing time. He had an MRI Monday and he and coach Rex Ryan said the results were
> favorable.
>
> Sanchez said he could play if the game were today. He said he should be able to get in a
> full practice by the end of the week, but is being careful to make sure he's good for the
> rest of the season.
>
> "We're being safe about it, and I'm in it for the long haul," he said. "We have hopefully
> six, seven weeks left, whatever it is, and I want to make it through all those weeks. I
> know I can with our trainers, John Mellody, and the rehab stuff we've got going on.
> They're helping me feel good."

very unlikely that he will sit, but if he does, i bet we see no-neck
before we see old man brunell

Ray O'Hara

Dec 23, 2010, 1:39:58 PM12/23/10

"marcman" <marcman...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Kevin McHale had a broken foot. something that would heal 100% with rest.
but instead the Celtas played him, they made the P.O.s in a year they
clearly weren't going to win it all.
they went out in the first round and McHale was never the same.
sure play him for a short term gain.
but when he loses velocity and turns in the 2nd coming of Popgun you'll wish
they'd been more circumspects.

sometimes you have to look past the now.