Is it me or did Sanchez look like David Car ???

Michael

Sep 14, 2010, 9:51:34 AM9/14/10
I'm trying to figure out here if I want to blast Schotty, Sanchez or
both. Are they just giving Sanchez garbage plays to run, or is
Schotty justified in keeping Sanchez from passing because he has not
proven he is a disaster waiting to happen when he throws ??? Or is
Sanchez being badly coached ???

When you play against a defense like the Ravens, your QB should roll
away from the pressure. Sanchez best asset is his feet and they did
NOTHING to get him on the move. What was even worse is that Sanchez
started looking like David Car. Went back to pass and did not move
back up to avoid pressure from the edges. He just made a big fat
target out of himself.

I understand that they want to control the ball, protect Sanchez, but
there are MUCH better ways to run the offense and STILL do those
things. A j.v. high school coach would have figured out in the first
quarter to start designing qb roll outs. Schotty is a chump.

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 10:04:11 AM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 8:51 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out here if I want to blast Schotty, Sanchez or
> both.  Are they just giving Sanchez garbage plays to run, or is
> Schotty justified in keeping Sanchez from passing because he has not
> proven he is a disaster waiting to happen when he throws ??? Or is
> Sanchez being badly coached ???

I think Schott is afraid and quite honestly not to absolve Schott of
his hand in last night but Ryan doesn't trust Sanchez.

> When you play against a defense like the Ravens, your QB should roll
> away from the pressure.  Sanchez best asset is his feet and they did
> NOTHING to get him on the move.   What was even worse is that Sanchez
> started looking like David Car.  Went back to pass and did not move
> back up to avoid pressure from the edges.   He just made a big fat
> target out of himself.

He stepped up some but I noticed that. Carr was worse he he
immediately would try to outflank the wedge.

> I understand that they want to control the ball, protect Sanchez, but
> there are MUCH better ways to run the offense and STILL do those
> things.  A j.v. high school coach would have figured out in the first
> quarter to start designing qb roll outs.  Schotty is a chump.

And not only roll into their strength but also tighten the field?

Michael

Sep 14, 2010, 11:06:04 AM9/14/10

it looked to me that the raven's db's were playing deep and their
front seven was commited to crashing the center of the field. the
flat was avaliable. a two yard pass to LT in the flat on a roll out
probably would have been a 15 yard gain. i'm not suggesting every pass
play be a roll out, but i dont think the jets offense did any of the
things that you could do against an agressive defense. it also would
have been nice if sanchez moved a bit more to at least let plays
develop instead of being so single minded about getting rid of the
ball so quickly. they were too scared of the ravens defense. their
secondary sucks.

Big Balls Billy

Sep 14, 2010, 12:22:05 PM9/14/10

from what i witnessed, sanchez tried desperately to be peyton manning
with his audible calling at the line. newsflash dipshit, you're not
manning!!!!!!!

the jets should have run the ball down baltimore's throat.

Michael

Sep 14, 2010, 11:28:34 AM9/14/10
> the jets should have run the ball down baltimore's throat.- Hide quoted text -

the jets could not run the ball agains them period. LT is fine in
space or with a good hole, but he is not thomas jones when it comes to
making it through the line. and green cant hold on to the ball. it is
time for green to get the "friday night lights" treatment. duct tape
the football to his hands while berating him. getting rid of TJ was a
bone head move. what we have here is a ground and pound team with no
ground and pound ball carrier. just great...

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 11:37:10 AM9/14/10

MichaeI there are some things that you can see better at the game than
I can on TV. I was wondering how their coverage was set up/doing.

My concern with rolling Sanchez out is his tendency to try & make
things happen. He has 14 college starts & 20 pro starts whch isn't
much.. If Scott is as bad a coach as you guys keep screaming about it
could get worse.

(¯`·.¸®avNsfan®¸.·´¯)

Sep 14, 2010, 11:45:45 AM9/14/10
LOL! Big Balls Billy the needle dick bug fucker!

Drew ~ RävNsfän ®

"...I'm sending him to the kill file,
I suggest the rest of you do the same".
alt.sports.football.pro.pitt-steelers
*Strickland* - April 15, 2009

"...I guess I'll go back to my previous habit
of just ignoring your posts..."
alt.sports.football.pro.pitt-steelers
*Rocky*(the nutless squirrel) - Feb 23, 2010

Deadmeat

Sep 14, 2010, 12:08:16 PM9/14/10
The announcers were patting him the back for that at the beginning of
the game, then later they were basically saying "enough already"and run
the play.

Michael

Sep 14, 2010, 12:14:55 PM9/14/10
> could get worse.- Hide quoted text -

john... i could be wrong, but it think that is exactly what the jets
should have done. let sanchez try to make somthing happen. they
really should have put more pressure on the raven's db's. instead the
jets made sure that no pass play had any chance of developing. if
sanchez cant figure out how to get rid of the football afrer a
scramble if things dont open up, he's gotta go find a new job. there
was no pass pressure to his left or right. they crashed the line head
on every single time sanchez got the ball. the run blitz and the pass
blitz looked identical. the way the db's were playing, wr's could
have gone down and come back on the sides lines for ten yard
completions half the time. all sanchez needed to do was extend the
plays by moving to the sides. i was afraid that the jets would run
into the teeth of the ravens defense and ignore chances to exploit
what the ravens were not defending. i was exactly just right. either
schott is brain dead or sanchez sucks so badly they wont take the
training wheels off. what was all the talk about him growing in leaps
and bounds over the summer ??? he's improved so much they cant expand
the passing game past what we saw in the preseason ???

mi...@hotmail.com

Sep 14, 2010, 12:14:56 PM9/14/10

Sanchez played well enough in the playoffs last year for Schot to take
off the fucking training wheels and let him throw the ball downfield.
The Ravens D isn't what it was... the fact that the Jets could only
score 9 points is a testimonial to the ineptness of their offensive
coordinator. Like father, like son.

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 12:56:04 PM9/14/10
I didn't tape it but they were applying pressure on teh fringe.

>  the run blitz and the pass
> blitz looked identical.  the way the db's were playing, wr's could
> have gone down and come back on the sides lines for ten yard
> completions half the time.  all sanchez needed to do was extend the
> plays by moving to the sides.  i was afraid that the jets would run
> into the teeth of the ravens defense and ignore chances to exploit
> what the ravens were not defending.  i was exactly just right.  either
> schott is brain dead or sanchez sucks so badly they wont take the
> training wheels off.  what was all the talk about him growing in leaps
> and bounds over the summer ??? he's improved so much they cant expand
> the passing game past what we saw in the preseason ???

???

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 1:53:55 PM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 12:05 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 07:04:11 -0700 (PDT), John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >On Sep 14, 8:51 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >> I'm trying to figure out here if I want to blast Schotty, Sanchez or
> >> both.  Are they just giving Sanchez garbage plays to run, or is
> >> Schotty justified in keeping Sanchez from passing because he has not
> >> proven he is a disaster waiting to happen when he throws ??? Or is
> >> Sanchez being badly coached ???
>
> >I think Schott is afraid and quite honestly not to absolve Schott of
> >his hand in last night but Ryan doesn't trust Sanchez.
>
>  And what is the evidence of this, that it's Rex & not Schott?

Schott may not trust him, as I wrote, but I also remember Ryan running
down the field several times in the playoffs calling time out for
Sanchez. I also remember Ryan taking a shot at Sanchez when Sanchez
said I saw it-- meaning the defense that caused Ryan to do it-- saying
"it was about time you saw it."

buRf, you scream about Schott but you are devoid of specifics.

At least Papa & MZ point out what they don't like and not just the
outcome.

> Other than you refuse to admit you've been wrong.
> For 5 years, many of us have been saying it's Schott, and every year, you have someone
> else to blame.

John C TX

Sep 14, 2010, 2:10:17 PM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 12:17 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> It's getting worse, JC, because Sanchez is not being coached.  He's not being put in a
> position to succeed... only not fail.  If not failing is the ceiling he's being given,
> what can you expect from him, other than becoming a frightened little head case.
> He never looked this bad last year.

I disagree he has looked worse.

As good pr bad as Schott is I truly think the leash is shorter by
Ryan's choice only because they did more prior to teh midpint last
year & Sanchez forced too may passes.

> The O wasn't prepared to play.  When have you seen Cotchery drop passes?

So that is Schott's fault? That makes no sense. They are professionals
they are supposed to show up ready to go.

> After the first turnover, we got the ball inside the 20.  Right there, a real OC goes for
> the TD.  You just wiped out the QB, now put him down 7 points.  Set the tone for the game.
> Everyone knew he'd run.  The Ravens were setup for play-action.  So, he ran, wasting a
> down, which put more pressure on Sanchez.
> Ya want to help Sanchez, it's not saying don't do anything... it's giving him something
> that can succeed.
> If you teach by negatives (ie: don't do this, don't do that, don't, don't don't), you
> develop a head case, not a QB.  And that's what we're seeing with Sanchez.

Maybe, but maybe grabbing 3 points is as valuable. Maybe you go for 6.
I had no problem with that.

It was funny that 2 things that made me crazy is something MZ posted
about. Running it on 3rd & 4 in the 1st Q & that attempt to go deep
struck me as a sign of desperation.

I know you & a few others have hatred this guy but the decisions have
gotten more conservative for one of three reasons. 1. He sucks, 2.
Sanchez is green 3. Ryan has his hands in it. It might be all 3.

> Everyone knows that I'm not a Sanchez fan, but I cannot blame him for anything, at this
> point.  He's just doing, or not doing, what he's been told to do/not do.
> He mentioned after the game that he had no INTs.  That he even said that was telling.

papa.carl44

Sep 14, 2010, 2:11:20 PM9/14/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

You were in a much better position to see that than any TV viewer...if that
is the case, deep db's, forcing front 7...then the entire seem is open all
the time for the TE and the area behind the LB"S should always be open...the
flat too, but that is usually his checkout throw and it seems to me he comes
to the line thinking to checkoff and go there, he doesn't appear to even
look for what might be open.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Sep 14, 2010, 2:20:38 PM9/14/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 08:37:10 -0700 (PDT), John C TX
> It's getting worse, JC, because Sanchez is not being coached. He's not
> being put in a
> position to succeed... only not fail. If not failing is the ceiling he's
> being given,
> what can you expect from him, other than becoming a frightened little head
> case.
> He never looked this bad last year.
> The O wasn't prepared to play. When have you seen Cotchery drop passes?
> After the first turnover, we got the ball inside the 20. Right there, a
> real OC goes for
> the TD. You just wiped out the QB, now put him down 7 points. Set the
> tone for the game.
> Everyone knew he'd run. The Ravens were setup for play-action. So, he
> ran, wasting a
> down, which put more pressure on Sanchez.
> Ya want to help Sanchez, it's not saying don't do anything... it's giving
> him something
> that can succeed.
> If you teach by negatives (ie: don't do this, don't do that, don't, don't
> don't), you
> develop a head case, not a QB. And that's what we're seeing with Sanchez.
> Everyone knows that I'm not a Sanchez fan, but I cannot blame him for
> anything, at this
> point. He's just doing, or not doing, what he's been told to do/not do.
> He mentioned after the game that he had no INTs. That he even said that
> was telling.

That was where he went first....he was proud of no int's.....Hell....a good
QB, will take the int's for a couple of TD's that win a game...he has been
Schotterized....and he may never be able to play again, I really believe
that, this is not a little pop warner or high school freshman...what he
acquires now will stick with him.

Michael

Sep 14, 2010, 2:34:45 PM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 2:11 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> look for what might be open.- Hide quoted text -

papa... if you were at the game and saw what the ravens db's were
doing and what the jets offense was NOT doing in response, you might
have tried to get to the jets bench with advice. it never upsets me
when the jets lose because they are clearly outmanned, but it really
ticks me off when they leave money on the table the way they did
yesterday. the ravens defense was all ready to be exploited by an
intelligently thought out passing game. i am telling you something
is really screwed up big time with schotty and or scnchez. i just
cant fathom that schotty is that stupid. the only time when the jets
offense looked good under schotty is when favre was there. there were
some strong indications that favre was telling them what to do. it
may have very well have been offensive coordination by means if
influence via favre. favre knew more offense than schotty did. a lot
more.

Johnny Morongo

Sep 14, 2010, 2:37:35 PM9/14/10
On Sep 14, 11:10 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I disagree he has looked worse.
>
> As good pr bad as Schott is I truly think the leash is shorter by
> Ryan's choice only because they did more prior to teh midpint last
> year & Sanchez forced too may passes.
>
> > The O wasn't prepared to play.  When have you seen Cotchery drop passes?
>
> So that is Schott's fault? That makes no sense. They are professionals
> they are supposed to show up ready to go.

When one of three units show up, prepared to play, might one suspect
that it's the coaching of the one that doesn't that is responsible?

> > After the first turnover, we got the ball inside the 20.  Right there, a real OC goes for
> > the TD.  You just wiped out the QB, now put him down 7 points.  Set the tone for the game.
> > Everyone knew he'd run.  The Ravens were setup for play-action.  So, he ran, wasting a
> > down, which put more pressure on Sanchez.
> > Ya want to help Sanchez, it's not saying don't do anything... it's giving him something
> > that can succeed.
> > If you teach by negatives (ie: don't do this, don't do that, don't, don't don't), you
> > develop a head case, not a QB.  And that's what we're seeing with Sanchez.
>
> Maybe, but maybe grabbing 3 points is as valuable. Maybe you go for 6.
> I had no problem with that.
>
> It was funny that 2 things that made me crazy is something MZ posted
> about.  Running it on 3rd & 4 in the 1st Q & that attempt to go deep
> struck me as a sign of desperation.
>
> I know you & a few others have hatred this guy but the decisions have
> gotten more conservative for one of three reasons. 1. He sucks, 2.
> Sanchez is green 3. Ryan has his hands in it.  It might be all 3.

Count me in as one of the ones that has hated him almost from day
one. Ever hear of the Peter Principle? Schitt was semi- successful
as a QB coach. Since he's been an OC, however, he has shown nothing
but his genes.

Deadmeat

Sep 14, 2010, 2:41:05 PM9/14/10
On 9/14/2010 2:18 PM, papa.carl44 wrote:
> "Michael"<mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> On this we absolutely agree. Whoever thought Green was the answer was
> living with the delusion their assessment was much better than they are.

What happened to the RB they drafted?

Harlan Lachman

Sep 15, 2010, 9:47:05 AM9/15/10
In article
<ee17d68f-acb6-4320...@v23g2000vbi.googlegroups.com>,
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

It should be clear that neither D was giving up running yards (absent
LT's few long runs). The way to test dBs was to open up on first down
and then concede a punt if the play was unsuccessful by running. But
even the early passes were only 3-5 yard gains.

Running or throwing short twice and trying to get a first on third down
was what led to 1-11. Not just the play of the players.

That falls on Shott.

John C TX

Sep 15, 2010, 9:47:06 AM9/15/10
On Sep 14, 1:37 pm, Johnny Morongo

<j.mireh...@harmonicconcordance.com> wrote:
> On Sep 14, 11:10 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > I disagree he has looked worse.
>
> > As good pr bad as Schott is I truly think the leash is shorter by
> > Ryan's choice only because they did more prior to teh midpint last
> > year & Sanchez forced too may passes.
>
> > > The O wasn't prepared to play.  When have you seen Cotchery drop passes?
>
> > So that is Schott's fault? That makes no sense. They are professionals
> > they are supposed to show up ready to go.
>
> When one of three units show up, prepared to play, might one suspect
> that it's the coaching of the one that doesn't that is responsible?

If you are talking about the play calling, game plan, yes, but dropped
balls, fumbles, etc. can't be blamed on Schott. How about Hard
Knocks, new stadium & wouldn't that fall on Ryan -- who I like?

> > > After the first turnover, we got the ball inside the 20.  Right there, a real OC goes for
> > > the TD.  You just wiped out the QB, now put him down 7 points.  Set the tone for the game.
> > > Everyone knew he'd run.  The Ravens were setup for play-action.  So, he ran, wasting a
> > > down, which put more pressure on Sanchez.
> > > Ya want to help Sanchez, it's not saying don't do anything... it's giving him something
> > > that can succeed.
> > > If you teach by negatives (ie: don't do this, don't do that, don't, don't don't), you
> > > develop a head case, not a QB.  And that's what we're seeing with Sanchez.
>
> > Maybe, but maybe grabbing 3 points is as valuable. Maybe you go for 6.
> > I had no problem with that.
>
> > It was funny that 2 things that made me crazy is something MZ posted
> > about.  Running it on 3rd & 4 in the 1st Q & that attempt to go deep
> > struck me as a sign of desperation.
>
> > I know you & a few others have hatred this guy but the decisions have
> > gotten more conservative for one of three reasons. 1. He sucks, 2.
> > Sanchez is green 3. Ryan has his hands in it.  It might be all 3.
>
> Count me in as one of the ones that has hated him almost from day
> one.  Ever hear of the Peter Principle?  Schitt was semi- successful
> as a QB coach.  Since he's been an OC, however, he has shown nothing
> but his genes.

Listen he may be a stiff. He was a late hire but Rex kept him so I
assume he saw something. He has been handed a bad hand most years,
but not this year.

BuRf, by the way if I was over the top yesterday, well, you weren't
the only one struggling so I will try not to be such a tool.

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 10:47:17 AM9/15/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

Harlan, On all of this we agree completely. Now we need to see if anything
changes.

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 10:49:28 AM9/15/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Pennington was not a bad hand....neither was Favre, TJ was not a bad hand
nor Washinton, nor the leading ground offense....he has no imagination.
Look at other teams with "bad hands"....they do a lot more than this crap.

John C TX

Sep 15, 2010, 3:06:38 PM9/15/10
> Pennington was not a bad hand....neither was Favre, TJ was not a bad hand
> nor Washinton, nor the leading ground offense....he has no imagination.
> Look at other teams with "bad hands"....they do a lot more than this crap.

PC, Pennington was healthy one year & we did well. Favre was healthy
for 10-12 games with no camp & no experience with Schott orthe offense
& we did well. TJ was here for two years.

I ask you who you thought was a good OC a few weeks ago & your list
was very short. My point is that most good OC's or offenses in the
league have good QB's. You can call it a fallacious argument but if
you go back ten years & look at the numbers it seems to hold up.

papa.carl44

Sep 15, 2010, 5:43:03 PM9/15/10

>> Pennington was not a bad hand....neither was Favre, TJ was not a bad hand
>> nor Washinton, nor the leading ground offense....he has no imagination.
>> Look at other teams with "bad hands"....they do a lot more than this
>> crap.
>
> PC, Pennington was healthy one year & we did well. Favre was healthy
> for 10-12 games with no camp & no experience with Schott orthe offense
> & we did well. TJ was here for two years.

Never a 300 yard game...not one.

> I ask you who you thought was a good OC a few weeks ago & your list
> was very short. My point is that most good OC's or offenses in the
> league have good QB's. You can call it a fallacious argument but if
> you go back ten years & look at the numbers it seems to hold up.

You just said Pennington was good at least one year, and I do think he had
some skills. Brett was good. BS does not put the pieces of the puzzle
together, never utilized who he had. I'm not going to keep on going, let's
just see if he changes, my gut, all the years I played and coached tells me
this approach sucks, that's on me....I don't like it and I'd rather see the
young QB go down in flames trying than turn into a total non-player who
doesn't even attempt anything. So, it's all about how I see it right now, I
like watching good D, but can't stand to watch that offense, it's worse now
than ever before. I just decided not to argue with those who either like
Schott or think he has some excuses. I just think he's in way over his
head. A good position coach does not turn into a good schemer and
coordinator.

John C TX

Sep 16, 2010, 10:01:45 AM9/16/10
On Sep 15, 4:43 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:d98af4c0-0a82-4a1c...@i17g2000vbq.googlegroups.com...

> >> Pennington was not a bad hand....neither was Favre, TJ was not a bad hand
> >> nor Washinton, nor the leading ground offense....he has no imagination.
> >> Look at other teams with "bad hands"....they do a lot more than this
> >> crap.
>
> > PC, Pennington was healthy one year & we did well.  Favre was healthy
> > for 10-12 games with no camp & no experience with Schott orthe offense
> > & we did well. TJ was here for two years.
>
> Never a 300 yard game...not one.

Actually 4 in 2006 but whose counting.

> > I ask you who you thought was a good OC a few weeks ago & your list
> > was very short.  My point is that most good OC's or offenses in the
> > league have good QB's. You can call it a fallacious argument but if
> > you go back ten years & look at the numbers it seems to hold up.
>
> You just said Pennington was good at least one year, and I do think he had
> some skills.  Brett was good.  BS does not put the pieces of the puzzle
> together, never utilized who he had.  I'm not going to keep on going, let's
> just see if he changes, my gut, all the years I played and coached tells me
> this approach sucks, that's on me....I don't like it and I'd rather see the
> young QB go down in flames trying than turn into a total non-player who
> doesn't even attempt anything.  So, it's all about how I see it right now, I
> like watching good D, but can't stand to watch that offense, it's worse now
> than ever before.  I just decided not to argue with those who either like
> Schott or think he has some excuses.  I just think he's in way over his
> head.  A good position coach does not turn into a good schemer and
> coordinator.

Something I am embracing as well. By the way I appreciate your
insight, but this time and I really hope you are 100%, OK 50%, wrong
about this.

I do find it comical that some Schott haters have to find any blog
that agrees with them & posts it.

papa.carl44

Sep 16, 2010, 11:59:46 AM9/16/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I don't even read much beyond here. I do take a look at stuff suggested
here and read the basic sports pages. My conclusions are my own from
watching them play. I thought he was terrible under the last regime when I
got to see it live. It is NOT a system, it does not build from one decision
to the next.