Extra Stuffing

patrick_nyr

Mar 17, 2010, 8:35:47 AM3/17/10
Message has been deleted

Glenn Greenstein

Mar 17, 2010, 12:11:27 PM3/17/10
On Mar 17, 10:25 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:35:47 -0400, "patrick_nyr" <mpprpp2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >New York Jets will host Thanksgiving Day night game
>
> >Read more:
> >http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/03/17/2010-03-17...
>
> Saw this before... I guess this is Goodell's punishment for Woody's tirade about the
> opening game at Casey Johnson Memorial Stadium ;)

Punishment? Putting a team on a national stage is punishment?

Michael

Mar 17, 2010, 1:00:05 PM3/17/10
On Mar 17, 8:35 am, "patrick_nyr" <mpprpp2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> New York Jets will host Thanksgiving Day night game
>
> Read more:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2010/03/17/2010-03-17...

This is gonna be interesting... i'll be at the game :-) will have to
get done with thanxgiving din din early this year. we usually have 30
people at the house... i see i wont be part of the clean up crew this
year :-)

Message has been deleted

yoyodog

Mar 17, 2010, 5:48:41 PM3/17/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Big time opportunity to rent a big tent and take the whole family out to the
stadium lots for turkey day. Make some calls to the local news stations and
get them all on teevee. They'll love it!

patrick_nyr

Mar 18, 2010, 12:48:19 PM3/18/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Tailgatting with leftovers.

Jetman

Mar 18, 2010, 7:05:27 PM3/18/10
On Mar 17, 3:22 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> The password is: facetious...
>
> But since you took it seriously...
> Lots of teams/players don't like mid-week games, especially Turkey Day.
> For the NFL, why waste a holiday game, when they'll get the viewers anyway, on a big
> market team? Let the small market teams get some exposure, they wouldn't normally get.

unfortunately this game would be televised by the NFL Network and
since 3/4 of the country cannot get the NFL Network unless they have
satellite tv it wouldn't matter what size market team it is. Could
you imagine it would be against the Patriots or Dolphins or another
matchup. Remember last year the Jets played in Toronto against Buffalo
and that was not seen by 75% of the country even though it was a
primetime game that was on the NFL Network

Message has been deleted