My 2010 predictions exact so far (link included)

Michael

Dec 8, 2010, 12:19:38 PM12/8/10
Here is the link for most of our 2010 predictions.

I predicted the Jets to go 13-3 with a loss the first week to the
Ravens, a loss to the Pack and a loss in the second NE game. Can the
Jets win the next four and make me look good ??? :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/browse_thread/thread/eb6ec7e8ea0cf15/540f31c70a3713e7?lnk=gst&q=2010+predictions#540f31c70a3713e7

BicketyBam

Dec 8, 2010, 12:51:28 PM12/8/10
On Dec 8, 12:19 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Here is the link for most of our 2010 predictions.
>
> I predicted the Jets to go 13-3 with a loss the first week to the
> Ravens, a loss to the Pack and a loss in the second NE game.  Can the
> Jets win the next four and make me look good ??? :-)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sports.football.pro.ny-jets/browse...

I did my prediction after the Miami game, with the Jets sitting at
2-1. My final prediction was 10-6. I am off by one game so, as I had
them losing in Denver. From here on out I had the following:

Miami - L
Pit - L
Chicago - W
Buf - W

However, I think they will beat Miami and lose to Chicago. So 11-5. I
like your scenario much better.

Michael

Dec 8, 2010, 1:18:44 PM12/8/10

of the four remaining teams, none presents a huge problem for the jets
defense.

*miami is a lesser team than the jets but the jets need to rebound
strong after the monday night melt down. if they kept their heads
they should win this one convincingliy... the key word is *if* they
kept their heads. lets see what they are made of.

* chicago's offense depends a lot on their wide outs getting free
or ... they hope for a double team on one of their wide outs to get TE
greg olson matched up favorably. the jet db's should be able to play
man well agains the chicago wide outs leaving plenty of manpower left
to cover the TE and play some zone. chicago has a lot of long slow
developing deep patterns that that is what the jet defense plays best
against. chicago's passing game is the anti-new england style.

*pittsburg. they are beat up and rely on big plays. the jets should
be able to keep it very close and score enough to win this game. my
fear is that even though the jets can beat the steelers, they wont be
able to beat the steeler's officials. if the jets cant manage to stay
two scores ahead of the steelers going into the last two minutes of
the game, the officials will hand the game to the steelers by means of
phantom calls and a blind eye to steelers flagrant offensive holding
on rapistberger *heroic last minute drive*

*buffalo. chan galey may not be a good HC, but he knows what he is
doing on offense. the bills have been able to score. they will score
on the jets. now that buff has conceeded that they cant run a 34 with
the guys they have, even their defense is playing better. this is the
true trap game for the jets.

the jets can indeed win the next four games. it is not impossible.
if they take their new england boiled ass kicking like men, it could
be the medicine they needed to get it cranked up.

BicketyBam

Dec 8, 2010, 1:58:17 PM12/8/10
> be the medicine they needed to get it cranked up.- Hide quoted text -

I think we will go 2-2, with wins over Miami and Buffalo and losses to
Chicago and Pit. Chicago and Pit have to ability to shut us down
offensively. That's what worries me the most.

Michael

Dec 8, 2010, 2:11:22 PM12/8/10
> offensively. That's what worries me the most.- Hide quoted text -

witch schotty on the job, any team in the nfl... hell... any div I
college team can shut the jets down. the hope is that the talent
level can shine through a bit

eric

Dec 9, 2010, 9:59:48 AM12/9/10
The last time the Jets won a game against a winning team was week 2.
The likelihood of them winning road games in Pittsburgh and Chicago,
both of which are in tight division races is very small.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 9, 2010, 1:53:22 PM12/9/10
In article
<fc64a099-f36d-4df6...@i32g2000pri.googlegroups.com>,
eric <wart...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think most Jet fans would agree. OTOH, those of us old enough to know
better, remember another 17 point underdog. I believe that is why the
experts say, "That's why they play the games."

A J

Dec 10, 2010, 9:46:02 AM12/10/10
"That's why they play the games."

Great point, Harlan,

After all of the analysis, who really saw the Raiders beating the
bolts,
Indy losing again, or <gulp> the Jets losing by 6 possessions?

I've got an idea, since pre game analysis is so revered by many,
next season, if the lockout DOES occur, the league should set the
schedule, and have accuscore simulate the games. All results will
be certified by the league and each team will have a season record.

Then, when the
lockout is over, all teams can pick up the season already in progress
and play the remainder of the games for real.

I wonder how many would be in favor of that plan?????????? :-)

A J