Pats #1 draft pick, Solder

Michael

Aug 23, 2011, 6:20:35 PM8/23/11
Played extensively and looked very good. I figured he'd wind up being
a top tier LT, but was not expecting him to play this good out of the
starting gate. Nice use of first round pick. They have the second
most important position on the offense taken care of for a long time.

JetsLife

Aug 23, 2011, 11:01:23 PM8/23/11

Is that so, after all of half of one preseason?

My thoughts about Solder & the Pats: Fuck the Pats. This is the Jets
division.

That said I recently learned the Pats drafted high a couple young
RBs ...

Oh. That's right. Fuck the Pats. Until they prove otherwise, in their
hearts they know they're soft and can't get it done when it really
matters, led by their shady cheating coach and immobile QB. And said
QB? As an aging immobile big target: Brady's days are numbered. Just
look at Peyton. Tick tick tick.

The Pats are going nowhere of note fast. You can't rush up toughness,
you can't draft or buy it overnite. Maybe next year - maybe. I do see
the Jets potentially sweeping the Pats this year. Why? Because the
Jets are tougher than them, have been cultivating their toughness
garden more than the Pats have in recent years. Now we want it all in
out division and more and plan on having it. We'll see what happens.

MZ

Aug 24, 2011, 9:26:00 AM8/24/11
On Aug 23, 6:20 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:

I guess he had an impressive game. Where I question the value of the
pick is the fact that he'll start the season on the bench. There has
been some talk in Boston media circles though that they put him at RG
if he continues to look good. But he's just so damned tall, it could
actually be detrimental to put him there. Seems like Light would be
the better fit at guard, but Belichick has basically said in the past
that Light can only play LT and nothing else. Interestingly, neither
of them have seen any reps at guard throughout camp.

Michael

Aug 24, 2011, 10:14:36 AM8/24/11

haha... i love that the pats are good. it is best to have great teams
in your div that are worth paying attention to. the jets vs. pats
have been the best thing about jet football since the jets vs fish
went off the radar. i wish the fish and bills would improve so we can
get six exciting and hyped games a year instead of only two with the
pats. i agree with you though... the pats are proven division winners
and playoff losers. that will be my feeling until they do otherwise.

Michael

Aug 24, 2011, 10:22:14 AM8/24/11

i dont think the value is really a question in this case even if he
sits for a year. he's there as top quality back-up if need be, and
light wont go too much longer. just like top quality qb's, top left
tackles are not falling out of the sky. since we know light is at the
end of his career, it was the smart play to take solder. i agree
about him not fitting in as a rt. he's too long to be ideal.
still... he may be able to do a fair job of it if they need him to
line up there. he really looked very good. i expected him to work out
like brick, but obviously not the case. solder is good to go right
now.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Aug 24, 2011, 12:22:55 PM8/24/11
On Aug 24, 10:29 am, "JohnC\(TX\)" <johnctxjetss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mark, I am jealous of the depth.  It is why I hold out hope on Ducasse.
> They draft him after playing tackle & try him at guard.  Then this year he
> practices at tackle to hopefully play RT & when Moore isn't ready & Turner
> goes down gets moved to guard.  He has played RT --I think-- RG, & LG this
> pre-season.
>
> I wish Ryan brought more big bodies into camp.
>
> On big bodies in camp did anyone else notice that Ellis looks like he  is #3
> at NT behind Pouha & Tevasglkjkjj  (sp?).  We have 5 Islanders on this team.
> I like it.

5 *BIG* Islanders !!!!

John C TX

Aug 24, 2011, 2:33:28 PM8/24/11
> 5 *BIG* Islanders !!!!- Hide quoted text -

That is all they make.

You should see their women. They don't stay looking like "Mutiny on
the Bounty" girls for long.

Michael

Aug 24, 2011, 3:00:40 PM8/24/11
> the Bounty" girls for long.- Hide quoted text -

thats got me thinking... when will the first woman make it on to an
NFL team ??? what position ??? i always figured place kicker, but you
never know...

did you know that mangold's sister played hs ball before switching to
powerlifting ???

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2536572

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-06-30/sports/29737335_1_jerk-weightlifting-varsity-football

Message has been deleted

Michael

Aug 24, 2011, 3:42:19 PM8/24/11
> >Never

Why "never" ??? Can you expand on that ???

You dont think a woman place kicker would ever be considered if one
came along that was 100 % inside the 40 and 90 % from 50 yards out ?

MZ

Aug 24, 2011, 2:28:20 PM8/24/11
On Aug 24, 10:29 am, "JohnC\(TX\)" <johnctxjetss...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mark, I am jealous of the depth.  It is why I hold out hope on Ducasse.
> They draft him after playing tackle & try him at guard.  Then this year he
> practices at tackle to hopefully play RT & when Moore isn't ready & Turner
> goes down gets moved to guard.  He has played RT --I think-- RG, & LG this
> pre-season.
>
> I wish Ryan brought more big bodies into camp.
>
> On big bodies in camp did anyone else notice that Ellis looks like he  is #3
> at NT behind Pouha & Tevasglkjkjj  (sp?).  We have 5 Islanders on this team.
> I like it.

Ducasse might be a slow learner or something. Everyone thought Brick
was a bust too at first.

Message has been deleted

Michael

Aug 26, 2011, 10:55:50 AM8/26/11
On Aug 26, 9:48 am, "JohnC\(TX\)" <johnctxjetss...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > NFL team ??? what position ??? i always figured place kicker, but you
>
> > never know...
>
> > >Never
>
> Why "never" ??? Can you expand on that ???
>
> You dont think a woman place kicker would ever be considered if one
> came along that was 100 % inside the 40 and 90 % from 50 yards out ?
>
> The first hurdle is finding  a woman with the strength & touch in her leg.
> Then she has to fnd her way to the sport.  I just think finding the first
> part is hard enogh enough but the 2nd is nearly insurmountable.
>
> Many DI collegesdon't even give out scholarships to kickers. Most D I
> women's sports wouldn't exist w/o the free ride.

i remember years ago, there was a female place kicker on a collge
team... it was not a happy story from what i recall... i think she was
"suggested" to the coach by a person high up on the food chain. the
poor kid wound up getting a season long "code red" by the players. if
memory serves, there was major litigation for harassment after that
whole business.

graybeard

Aug 26, 2011, 11:01:32 AM8/26/11
On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:48:07 -0500, "JohnC\(TX\)"
<johnctx...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The first hurdle is finding a woman with the strength & touch in her leg.

Lots of good female soccer players around the country.
--
graybeard