Re: Prediction for this week

1 view

Copp

Jan 10, 2011, 8:35:29 PM1/10/11
In article <as6dndIi8pwS8LbQ...@supernews.com>
cloud dreamer <Sa...@Resources.now> wrote:

> On 10/01/2011 4:38 PM, A1...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Prediction for this weeks game:
> >

> > Pats 45 Jets 3
> >

> Heh.
>
> Is there any differences in the teams from a month ago?
>
> The Pats get Spikes back and I don't think they've lost anyone. Were
> there any Jet playmakers missing the last time around?

The last time, the Jets has just lost Jim Leonhard the previous
Friday. They have had time to adjust to his loss. On the plus
side for the Pats, they have Brandon Spikes back, and he is
one of their best run-stoppers. The Pats are going to stack
up against the run and force Sanchez to win it in the cold
and the wind. I don't expect a blowout like last time but
the Pats should cover.

Percy Flage

Jan 11, 2011, 8:29:43 AM1/11/11
On Jan 11, 1:35 am, Copp <cr79...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <as6dndIi8pwS8LbQnZ2dnUVZ_g2dn...@supernews.com>

I want the Jets to win.
I expect the Pats to win.

Jets need to bring Eric Smith up to cover the receiver out of the
backfield again. He played the game of his life Vs Colts i that role
and he needs to be even better against Pats. Same goes for the whole
team. The ground and pound O, if it plays the same as against the
Colts 2nd half, could keep the scores down.

If that happens Jets cover but still lose.

--
Percy Flage
Life's too short to have to explain everyday.

JetsLife

Jan 11, 2011, 1:29:45 PM1/11/11
On Jan 10, 8:35 pm, Copp <cr79...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In article <as6dndIi8pwS8LbQnZ2dnUVZ_g2dn...@supernews.com>
>

> the Pats should cover.- Hide quoted text -

The Jets have demonstrated they can run it even when opposing defenses
commit to stopping the run. Plenty of teams have taken the approach of
'stopping the run/forcing Sanchez to throw,' only to find they still
got run over by the Jets. Not saying that happens Sunday - tho I hope
it does - as NE has a solid run defense. But sometimes stopping a
premier offensive attack (running or passing) is easier said than
done, regardless of what a defense does.

Perhaps getting Spikes back helps, but perhaps losing Brace and Wright
negates that advantage?

In a similar fashion, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets defense semi
concedes the run to attempt to limit the Pats' passing attack (i.e.
dropping 7 and 8 in to coverage). Like they did last week v. Indy. But
again that is easier said than done.

Dano

Jan 11, 2011, 1:45:37 PM1/11/11

"JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message

The Pats have lost guys all season. They had to replace their top
multi-purpose back in Foulke. Their top corner early on. Their place
kicker. Have had missing linemen on both sides of the ball. Traded away a
disgruntled future Hall of Fame receiver who is probably STILL one of the
very best in the game now as well as for all time. They have found a way to
overcome all of that...and are now as healthy as they have been all year (in
two years at least probably). On top of that, they are playing at their
peak effectiveness for weeks...blowing out almost (thanks GB) all comers.

Good luck Jets. Nice run for a flawed team, QB and coach. Don't waste your
money and time on any further post season plans. Just a friendly
suggestion.