Rex on the game: ""You have 439 yards on offense and lose the game. Unbelievable! ...."

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 26, 2011, 6:42:21 PM9/26/11
"You have 439 yards on offense and lose the game. Unbelievable! Two hundred thirty four yards, 7.8 a carry. I’ve never had that happen in my life, but it just happened.

"It wasn’t our offense. Our defense let us down, clearly."

~~~~~~~~~~

What's unbelievable to me is that we have a head coach who keeps toadying up to Schott and covering up for him like this.

Didn't he see the same game we did? How can he *not* believe the #1 problem in that loss was Schott???

What's worse: (1) Rex is so weak he has to toady up and cover for Schott like this? or (2) He actually *believes* what he said above???

Michael, BuRf, the rest of you, what say all?

:-)

Papa Carl

Sep 26, 2011, 8:59:00 PM9/26/11

<oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
439 yards of offense and you can't score? Get the big break, make the break
by taking one back into scoring position and blow it? Who on the defense
threw an interception when they should have scored on that series. But at
least he is right in seeing the D is not his vaunted top D either.

Señor Patriots

Sep 26, 2011, 9:47:03 PM9/26/11
On Sep 26, 5:42 pm, oldna...@mindspring.com wrote:
> "You have 439 yards on offense and lose the game. Unbelievable! Two hundred thirty four yards, 7.8 a carry. I’ve never had that happen in my life, but it just happened.
>
> "It wasn’t our offense. Our defense let us down, clearly."

Your coach doesn't mind making divisive comments to the press, huh?

Keep that finger pointing shit in the house. It may happen in an
outburst during a meeting, but spewing it out to the press is going to
get on peoples' nerves if your team ever hits a losing streak.

Michael

Sep 27, 2011, 12:11:28 AM9/27/11
Schotty sucks. Always... This time, the defense also happened to have
sucked right along with Schotty. IMHO, Schotty and the offense sucked
worse. They had a chance to put the game away for BOTH the offense
and the defense. It was looking like it could be easy for a while.
Instead, Schotty hozed down the offense as he has so often done in
the past with his painfully predictable scheme and dissonant play
calling. How many unanswered points ??? Remember, the offense ALWAYS
gets the ball back after the other guy scores. The guy sucks to a
sublime degree and most every single person sees it. Fans and
commentators alike. If they renew his contract next season, I won't
renew my season tickets. I feel that strongly about it. Keeping him
around would be consumer product liability.

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 27, 2011, 3:41:37 AM9/27/11
Well, at least you are openly declaring yourself in the camp of "Rex is a dolt!"

What *else* can you call a HC who doesn't know the main reason why his team just lost a game like this? It's unbelievable.

He says "it was the defense, not the offense" simply because in a league where the average score is 22.6 this year, the defense gave up a big fat 34 (none off turnovers) while the offense only scored 24!

He actually doesn't see that it *was* the offense. Unbelieveable.

Anyhow, you've identified your problem: Rex.

If Rex actually thinks the offense *didn't* play worse than the defense in this game, that is one thing you CAN'T put on Schott. Rex's opinion.

And if Rex *really believes* the offense didn't play worse about than the defense in this game, then that shows how little Rex knows about offense ... which explains why it is what it is.

Your problem ain't Schott, it's Rex.

Time to change your target.

oldn...@mindspring.com

Sep 27, 2011, 4:40:20 AM9/27/11
On Tuesday, September 27, 2011 12:11:28 AM UTC-4, Michael wrote:

> On Sep 26, 6:42 pm, oldn...@mindspring.com wrote:
> > "You have 439 yards on offense and lose the game. Unbelievable! Two hundred thirty four yards, 7.8 a carry. I’ve never had that happen in my life, but it just happened.
> >
> > "It wasn’t our offense. Our defense let us down, clearly."
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~
> >
> > What's unbelievable to me is that we have a head coach who keeps toadying up to Schott and covering up for him like this.
> >
> > Didn't he see the same game we did?  How can he *not* believe the #1 problem in that loss was Schott???
> >
> > What's worse:  (1) Rex is so weak he has to toady up and cover for Schott like this? or (2) He actually *believes* what he said above???
> >
> > Michael, BuRf, the rest of you, what say all?
> >
> > :-)
>
> Schotty sucks. Always... This time, the defense also happened to have
> sucked right along with Schotty. IMHO, Schotty and the offense sucked
> worse.

Well, you are honest enough to put yourself in the "Rex is a dolt" camp too.

After all, how else do you describe a HC who doesn't know the main reason why his team just lost a game like this? Who says...

"It wasn’t our offense. Our defense let us down, clearly."

... when it *was* the offense! Can you respect a HC like this??

When he puts it on the defense and gives the offense a free pass just because the D gave up 34 points, (in a league where the average is 22.6) none off turnovers, while the offense only scored 24.

Seriously, when a HC doesn't know when his O plays worse than his D -- doesn't know even what you know -- that shows how *little* he knows about O. Right?

And that is one thing you CAN'T ever blame on Schott, Rex's not knowing his O played worse than his D, Rex's wrong opinions.

Such ignorance about what he is seeing with his own eyes on offense explains the whole O situation ... plainly enough.

Your problem is with Rex.

Time for you all to admit it. Burf next.

> They had a chance to put the game away for BOTH the offense
> and the defense. It was looking like it could be easy for a while.

Yup. *In spite* of the D letting the other side take the opening kickoff and march the length the of field for a TD putting the O in a hole before it got on the field, the O dug out of the hole with 17 straight points to create a 10-point lead.

It looked like it *could* have been easy -- until the D then let McFadden run off a 70-yarder ... then *100 more* yards personally ... plus *60+ more* for the other RBs ... running their score up to 34 points.

Do you imagine that if the D had held them to something under 200 yards rushing, then it might actually have been easy??

And Rex blames *the D* for this. Hard to believe.

Really, your problem is with Rex, the enabler and protector of Schott.

Time to admit it.

> Instead, Schotty hozed down the offense as he has so often done in
> the past with his painfully predictable scheme and dissonant play
> calling. How many unanswered points ???

> Remember, the offense ALWAYS gets the ball back after the other guy scores.

Wow, so defense doesn't count AT ALL!

Because as long as the offense scores a TD on **every single series** it can always tie the game even if the other team scores on every drive after
taking the opening KO back for a touchdown drive. (Unless time runs out -- then it can still lose, and it can still lose in overtime.)

Why, that makes on wonder why Rex spends all those draft picks on building the D! He doesn't know this? Again, that's a problem with Rex there.

A loss is *always* on the offense! In a league where the the average score is 22.6, if the D gives up 34 (none on turnovers) a loss is the offense's fault for not scoring 35! ... if the D gives up 40, a loss is the offense's fault for not scoring 41 ... if the D gives up 75, a loss is the offenses's fault for not scoring 76!

Yup, the loss is *always* on the offense because:

"the offense ALWAYS gets the ball back after the other guy scores."

This is such *brilliant* analysis, why haven't I heard this before?

Anyhow, Rex disagrees with you, in his word "clearly".

So your problem is with Rex. When he makes howling errors like "It wasn’t our offense. Our defense let us down, clearly", then...

It's Rex's fault.

Time to admit it.

Percy Flage

Sep 27, 2011, 6:45:38 AM9/27/11
That was the game changer for me. 1st down at the OAK 24 FFS.

There was also the possession after the Raiders' missed FG. We got to
the 3 yard line and had to settle for a FG at a time when we were
practically moving the ball at will.

Those two scores and it's a very different second half at 28-whatever
rather than 17-17.

For Rex to blame the D? I thought this was a team game. Win or Lose.

--
Percy Flage
"Life is too short to have to explain everyday."

John C TX

Sep 27, 2011, 8:50:13 AM9/27/11
On Sep 26, 5:42 pm, oldna...@mindspring.com wrote:
> "You have 439 yards on offense and lose the game. Unbelievable! Two hundred thirty four yards, 7.8 a carry. I’ve never had that happen in my life, but it just happened.
>
> "It wasn’t our offense. Our defense let us down, clearly."
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
>
> What's unbelievable to me is that we have a head coach who keeps toadying up to Schott and covering up for him like this.
>
> Didn't he see the same game we did?  How can he *not* believe the #1 problem in that loss was Schott???

Because he watched the game?

Papa Carl

Sep 27, 2011, 12:54:39 PM9/27/11

<oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message
Stick to your statistics....your boring enough sometimes with that
stuff...yes, I think some a great....but you are only using them to create
an argument. Now, this sarcasm is an absolute attempt to do just that...so,
you are really just a troll? Apparently you are one of those people who can
not really read a language and can only relate to statistics and numbers. I
never said any of the things you claim...yet you will get crazy and accuse
people of putting words in your mouth...how is that not being a troll? It's
a wast of time trying to have a discussion with you.

Johnny Morongo

Sep 27, 2011, 8:29:33 PM9/27/11
However, the O does put the D in more than a fair share of bad spots.

Papa Carl

Sep 27, 2011, 8:55:39 PM9/27/11

"Johnny Morongo" <Mor...@Burf.com> wrote in message
I'm sure he has a stat for that...only one stat ever matters, it's on the
score board at the end of a game.

Johnny Morongo

Sep 27, 2011, 10:09:32 PM9/27/11
I'm inclined to agree, G, but add to your targets the QB, GM, and owner
AS WELL AS the OC. A mediocre lot if ever I've seen one.

The luck runs out this year. Injuries, such as the one that Sanchez is
sure to suffer without a decent line in front of him, or the ones to
Mason and Plax waiting just around the corner* are also bound to become
stories. Rex'e double speak aside, this team is in disarray. Can't you
just feel it in the wind? 8-8 looms very large after this soon to be 3
game loosing streak.

* This will happen when one or both of them take a James Harrison type
hit while turning his body back to reach for yet another pass thrown
behind him.