Plax vs Bray

1 view

Still Roper

Aug 6, 2011, 7:29:59 AM8/6/11
for a 500k savings...we chose Burress...why? and hes a injury waiting
go happen...

Papa Carl

Aug 6, 2011, 10:34:17 PM8/6/11

"Still Roper" <mark_edw...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message

> for a 500k savings...we chose Burress...why? and hes a injury waiting
> go happen...

Nobody knows if he can even still run. Three years since he last played.
If this thing does not work out it will be a HUGE blunder. Brad Smith gone,
Braylon gone...and no proven entity to replace them. I do not see how guys
can think this is good...just what they needed, to give Sanchez more "new"
issues to deal with. Not smart, OMHO

Percy Flage

Aug 8, 2011, 6:57:34 AM8/8/11

I think the major difference between the two is that Plaxico's time in
stir is hopefully concluded, whereas Braylon's is likely to be commencing.

FWIW I think Braylon possibly has the edge in stupidity.

--
Percy Flage
"Life is too short to have to explain everyday."

Message has been deleted

Papa Carl

Aug 8, 2011, 5:05:54 PM8/8/11

"JohnC(TX)" <johnct...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Nobody knows if he can even still run. Three years since he last
>>> played.
>>> If this thing does not work out it will be a HUGE blunder. Brad Smith
>>> gone,
>>> Braylon gone...and no proven entity to replace them. I do not see how
>>> guys
>>> can think this is good...just what they needed, to give Sanchez more
>>> "new"
>>> issues to deal with. Not smart, OMHO
>>
>> I think the major difference between the two is that Plaxico's time in
>> stir is hopefully concluded, whereas Braylon's is likely to be
>> commencing.
>>
>> FWIW I think Braylon possibly has the edge in stupidity.
>>
>> --
>> Percy Flage
>> "Life is too short to have to explain everyday."
>
> Two theories:
>
> 1. They know that Edwards is toxic.
> 2. They made an offer & he expected more & when he & his posse tore up the
> restaurant this was his only option.
>
> He is retarded.

Braylon is probably like a lot of immature guys I once worked with...post
coaching / education I worked in behavioral healthcare. When they realized
I was a former coach, I got stuck with all the bad boy types that were
locked up in this psych unit. Some were very good athletes. There seemed
to be a pattern...when they were occupied with a task, and under strict
supervision they could function, but when they were left to their own
devices they seemed to screw up really badly...sounds a lot like Edwards to
me. I can see why they don't want to deal with that, especially if the
other players have an attitude about him. But I would not count on the fact
that Plaxico is going to pull a Michael Vick and be a good boy...those
instances are the exception, not the rule.

Message has been deleted

Papa Carl

Aug 9, 2011, 12:12:32 PM8/9/11

> I would like to know where his offers wee prior to that last screw up.
> The 49ers probably will get a great WR for one year. Honestly I would
> doverpay him year by year as oppposed to a long term cap friendly deal.
> It is the only way of hoping to control him.

Your're right...he's a guy who lives on the edge all the time...and if they
handle him that way, on the edge they can control him. He will play well I
expect.

Michael

Aug 10, 2011, 11:09:43 AM8/10/11
On Aug 6, 7:29 am, Still Roper <mark_edwards_2...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> for a 500k savings...we chose Burress...why?  and hes a injury waiting
> go happen...

I'd bet that Edwards screws up more off the field than we know about.
He also wanted too much money. His lenght of time waiting for a
contract speaks volumes about how he over valued his hand. Also...
Edwards is not a "singular must have" talent. Any big WR can do the
job that he did. His down field blocking will be missed, but as a wr,
he is not a daunting loss. IMHO, Mason is a better # 2 than Edwards
much less worry about what Plax can do. Even if Plax craps out
totally, that is not key. Santonio, Mason and Keller along with LT
can get the job done. The new guy J. Kerley is said to be a possible
# 3 too. The offense is up to Green and Sanchez, not Plax. Also hope
that Tom Moor can baby sit little Schotty this year.