Did not see the game today, but heard the post game on thr radio

Michael

Sep 18, 2011, 7:25:51 PM9/18/11
I did not see the game today because I had a wedding to go to. On the
way back from Long Island, I did get to hear some of the post game. I
hope Mangold is not badly injured.... Was Hunter as bad as the people
who called into the show were saying ??? They said he sucked and one
guy said he was gonna get Sanchez killed.

Papa Carl

Sep 18, 2011, 7:53:24 PM9/18/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

IMHO...yes and yes. He is weak.

Hammer

Sep 18, 2011, 7:55:32 PM9/18/11
On Sep 18, 7:53 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I always hate when some player does something stupid and then the
camera cuts to him and he's laughing about it, as if it's no big deal.
You see this with Romo all the time. In this case it was Hunter. A
holding call making it 1st and 20, and a facemask making it 1st and
25. This was aside from (but related to) how much on sucked on the
plays when he was not caught holding or pulling facemasks. He looked
worse than the undrafted rookie center.

Michael

Sep 18, 2011, 8:57:13 PM9/18/11
On Sep 18, 7:53 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

wow... that really spells trouble... if mangold is out for any length
of time, they are up a creek. i wonder if there are any possible
options for RT. There MUST be some guy out there that they can bring
in. I heard that the undrafted center did a far job blocking. can
that guy play RT if mangold comes back ? i did not see him nor do I
have any idea who he is.

Papa Carl

Sep 18, 2011, 9:24:07 PM9/18/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
I thought he played admirably well for coming in like that. He was OK.
They are just very shallow in the O line...it's scary really.

Michael

Sep 18, 2011, 9:40:42 PM9/18/11
On Sep 18, 9:24 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> On Sep 18, 7:53 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > >I did not see the game today because I had a wedding to go to. On the
> > > way back from Long Island, I did get to hear some of the post game. I
> > > hope Mangold is not badly injured.... Was Hunter as bad as the people
> > > who called into the show were saying ??? They said he sucked and one
> > > guy said he was gonna get Sanchez killed.
>
> > IMHO...yes and yes. He is weak.
>
> wow... that really spells trouble... if mangold is out for any length
> of time, they are up a creek.  i wonder if there are any possible
> options for RT. There MUST be some guy out there that they can bring
> in.  I heard that the undrafted center did a far job blocking.  can
> that guy play RT if mangold comes back ? i did not see him nor do I
> have any idea who he is.
>
> I thought he played admirably well for coming in like that.  He was OK.
> They are just very shallow in the O line...it's scary really.

was just talking to my friend who saw the game... seems as if
wilkerson looks like a motivated guy and cromartie is making a big
contribution. i dont think there are any worries with the jets
defense, really... just the offense... also heard sanchez made a few
bad reads and left some money on the table... not a single catch by
plax ??? is that why kelller did well ??? a double team on plax so, no
extra safety for the center of the field ???

Harlan Lachman

Sep 18, 2011, 10:25:14 PM9/18/11
In article <wbOdnQW-yszpGevT...@giganews.com>,
"Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net> wrote:

So weak that I hope they give Ducasse a shot. Hunter is not likely to
learn something new or get physically better at this point in his career.

At least Ducasse could.

I have not seen a Jets starting tackle look so bad in a long time
(usually it is the guards, where are you AC?).

harlan

BTW, I loved the laugher. We should have around 8 of them a year.

Papa Carl

Sep 18, 2011, 10:42:11 PM9/18/11

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message
His play took me back to the Kotite years...some horrible play back
then...who was the tackle who got guys killed?

Ritchie

Sep 19, 2011, 6:23:43 AM9/19/11
On Sep 18, 10:42 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:

> His play took me back to the Kotite years...some horrible play back
> then...who was the tackle who got guys killed?

Ah man Papa did you have to mention the Kotite years. It took me a
long time to wipe those from my memory!

John C TX

Sep 19, 2011, 9:50:08 AM9/19/11
Michael, the center had problems but we only picked him up in early
September so as buRF & PC pointed out he was in bad situation.
Several times on obvious runs they just destroyed him. Robby Felix in
pre-season looked better but that was pre-season. I hope this isn't a
case of the grass looking greener but again Felix hasn't been picked
up.

Hunter was a mess.

Mangold was walking well this was the last I saw about him.

Sunday, September 18, 2011
Nick Mangold sprains ankle, to get MRI
By Jane McManus
ESPNNewYork.com

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- All-Pro center Nick Mangold sprained his
ankle during the first quarter of the New York Jets' 32-3 win against
the Jaguars on Sunday when teammate Daryl Smith rolled over the
center's leg.

X-rays were negative, but Mangold, who came into the locker room after
the game on crutches and with a black walking boot on his right leg,
will undergo an MRI on Monday.

Jets blog

Jets Looking for more on
the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"Just precaution," Mangold said of using crutches. "I felt like I
could give it a go, but it didn't want to agree with me on that. I
don't know, we're just playing it safe."

Mangold said the ankle not being broken is "a good start," but was
unsure how long -- or if -- the injury would sideline him.

"I don't expect it to be anything too crazy," he said.

Jets coach Rex Ryan expressed confidence in rookie Colin Baxter, an
undrafted offensive lineman the Jets picked up off waivers on Sept. 4
from San Diego and who finished the game at center.

"Baxter stepped in and did a nice job," Ryan said. "It's a similar
system. We got him from San Diego so the terminology is similar with
(offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer) coming from San Diego."

Still, the uncertainty is frustrating for Mangold. In his sixth
season, he has never missed a game. The durable center has started for
82 straight regular-season games.

"Very frustrating," Mangold said. "It's not what I want, it's not what
I expected, it's difficult."

The Jets are thin when it comes to the offensive line. Left tackle
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, left guard Matt Slauson and right guard Brandon
Moore were the remaining veterans with Mangold out. Right tackle Wayne
Hunter has struggled in his first two games as a starter despite a
year of success as a backup. Of the current backups, Rob Turner has a
broken right leg and Vlad Ducasse struggled when on the field in the
preseason. The Jets also have Baxter and guard Caleb Schlauderaff.

"You've got to have confidence in your backups," Hunter said. "I was a
backup, and I was glad they had confidence in me."

Mangold thought that he would be able to go back into the game after
feeling pain in the first-quarter collision with the Jets up 9-3. He
stood on the sideline, but his ankle didn't respond the way he hoped
it would.

"I was trying," Mangold said, "moving around a little bit and I
couldn't really do much with it and I knew I'd probably put our team
in a worse position by trying to go out there."

Midway through halftime, his status was downgraded to doubtful and
Mangold was in the locker room going through medical tests.

If Mangold is not able to go next week, Baxter could be tapped to
start. Moore said it meant extra hours for the offensive line this
week to get the rookie reps with the first team. The line has some
things to fix -- Hunter had two penalties, Moore was called for an
illegal man downfield when Baxter gave the wrong snap count.

"Tough position to be put in. He just got here he doesn't get reps
with the ones," Moore said. "Like most backups he's got to learn
through the book and be able to come in when he's called upon."

Baxter had surgery on his right meniscus during his senior year at
Arizona last December. He said it had to be stitched back together but
despite the extensive nature of the repair he hasn't felt any pain or
instability. The stitches are barely visible.

"The other team doesn't care that the starting center's gone down,"
Baxter said. "You just got to go in there play ball and execute it."

Whether or not the Jets should have a little more depth, rather than
relying on a rookie to possibly go up against Oakland or Baltimore,
Moore said it's academic.

"I don't work in personnel so depth charts and depth questions I
really don't get involved in," Moore said. "The guys that are here are
going to have to be able to play and you move from here."

Jane McManus covers the Jets for ESPNNewYork.com. Information from The
Associated Press was used in this report.

Michael

Sep 19, 2011, 2:06:31 PM9/19/11
on mangold... yikes... even though no broken bones, a serious high
ankle sprain can keep you out for weeks... up to eight weeks
depending... you cant put any real force on an ankle with a bad
sprain... after the robert turner injury, this was just about the
worst thing that could happen considering that they have hunter on
that line too... what a mess... i hope mangold is not too bad off.

Papa Carl

Sep 19, 2011, 5:50:59 PM9/19/11

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I tried brother...can't do it...was thinking of going for some kind of
therapy for it. I always felt the Jets should have paid for treatment for
anyone who kept their season's tickets during those years. I'm remembering
an away game in Buffalo I think, Boomer got put under center with some guy
Kotite moved and who had never played left tackle before and got blown up by
Smith...Boomer left the game...am I remembering right? Anyway...I see a lot
of bad O line play when I watch many games now...and agree with some
analysts it could be coming from the shortened training camp. I also think
it is flat out lesser talent and guys who have not played together to
develop as a unit. Along with a D secondary, the O line NEEDS to play
together as a unit. BTW...where I live there are a lot of Eagles
fans...when Richie K came to the Jets they all warned me about entering "The
Kotite Zone"...and would never be the same again :-)

Papa Carl

Sep 19, 2011, 5:52:36 PM9/19/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message
Actually...I'm really hoping that McKnight or someone did well enough at
some point in preseason or now to create a trade...they NEED to bring in an
O lineman from somewhere...probably more than one. This will get nasty in a
hurry if they don't.