Clemens a Redskin

John C TX

Jul 28, 2011, 9:15:30 AM7/28/11
He may actually start although Grossman is probably better.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-sign-quarterback-kellen-clemens-to-one-year-deal/2011/07/27/gIQAq3oycI_blog.html

The Redskins have added another quarterback, agreeing to terms with
veteran Kellen Clemens on a one-year deal, according to a league
source.

Clemens has spent his entire five-year career as a backup with the New
York Jets. He has started just nine games in that time and threw only
two passes last season. He hasn't thrown a touchdown pass since 2007.

Signing Clemens means the Redskins will likely have at least three
quarterbacks under contract. John Beck should compete for the starting
job, and the team also added undrafted rookie Ben Chappell from
Indiana. The team has yet to sign Rex Grossman, who's an unrestricted
free agent.

Donovan McNabb is still under contract, but he's expected to be traded
to Minnesota at some point Wednesday. It's not clear whether the team
will still chase another quarterback. There was a report Tuesday night
that they'd had discussions about Matt Leinart. But assuming Grossman
gets signed, it might be considered a stretch to bring five
quarterbacks into camp.

Rich - ® ©

Jul 31, 2011, 10:14:30 PM7/31/11
On Jul 28, 9:15 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> He may actually start although Grossman is probably better.
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-si...

> The Redskins have added another quarterback, agreeing to terms with
> veteran Kellen Clemens on a one-year deal, according to a league
> source.
>
> Clemens has spent his entire five-year career as a backup with the New
> York Jets. He has started just nine games in that time and threw only
> two passes last season. He hasn't thrown a touchdown pass since 2007.
>
> Signing Clemens means the Redskins will likely have at least three
> quarterbacks under contract. John Beck should compete for the starting
> job, and the team also added undrafted rookie Ben Chappell from
> Indiana. The team has yet to sign Rex Grossman, who's an unrestricted
> free agent.
>
> Donovan McNabb is still under contract, but he's expected to be traded
> to Minnesota at some point Wednesday. It's not clear whether the team
> will still chase another quarterback. There was a report Tuesday night
> that they'd had discussions about Matt Leinart. But assuming Grossman
> gets signed, it might be considered a stretch to bring five
> quarterbacks into camp.

I wish him luck. I hope he gets his chance to compete in DC.

Rich

Harlan Lachman

Aug 2, 2011, 11:53:37 AM8/2/11
In article
<3dd906a5-ced4-4318...@f20g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Rich - � � <Rhe...@infi.net> wrote:

At least he will not be hamstrung by Shott and since he is a good
straight arrow, Shanahan might find a use for him.