Jets Brass

JetsLife

Mar 9, 2010, 5:45:15 PM3/9/10
They are the brass and they got brass.

Several weeks ago I kinda mentioned jettisoning TJ but I don't know
how serious I was. Apparently they were.

And trading Rhodes? Wow. Last I checked he decked Rivers at a
critical moment AFC Divisional round. That was a game changing play,
a play he has done many a time for us.

Wow. The Jets have a set of brass ones. Good for them. In RexBaum
We Trust.

Hammer

Mar 9, 2010, 7:32:36 PM3/9/10

Life, your post doesn't make too much sense. Let's say a guy is
playing poker and picks up a royal flush. Then he decides to throw
away the ace. Yeah, he has a set of brass ones all right. He's also a
moron.

Not that I think Jones or Rhodes were that wonderful (but of the two,
I prefer Rhodes), but bringing up his decking Rivers and then saying
good for the Jets for trading him doesn't make much sense.

Harlan Lachman

Mar 9, 2010, 7:41:21 PM3/9/10
In article
<d4dd1f0c-587b-44e0...@g28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
JetsLife <Jets...@aol.com> wrote:

Life, TJ signed with the Chiefs for less than $800K what we would have
had to pay for one year for two years. There is no mention of any
guarantee of if the contract is even over the two years.

Let's assume his agent got him $2.5 mil per year. Why should the Jets
have paid $3.3 mil for one year. And, if the contract is not guaranteed
or back loaded, TJ may not even see $2.5 mil.

TJ likely could have gotten what he got from the Jets. He was just
pissed. He refused to negotiate.

Those who think the Jets should have thrown away the $3.3 million to
keep a back up happy are nuts.

Hammer

Mar 9, 2010, 7:44:32 PM3/9/10
On Mar 9, 7:41 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <d4dd1f0c-587b-44e0-9e5c-048c338a1...@g28g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,

Supposedly it is $3 M in year 1 and $2 M in year 2.

Tutor

Mar 9, 2010, 7:59:00 PM3/9/10
On Mar 9, 5:45 pm, JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:

ugh. Rhodes is a POS, lazy wuss on the field. Even his "game
changing" play in the playoffs was marred by his celebrating while the
fucking ball was loose on the ground for someone else to recover.
Good riddance. You guys vastly overrate Carrie Rhodes. But I've been
screaming this for the last 2 years. At least the Jets FO recognizes
it and agrees. Thank God for that.

papa.carl44

Mar 9, 2010, 11:17:45 PM3/9/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

Who is the "back up" ?????? What season did you watch????? I want to hear
what you will say when Greene is hurt in training camp, and then goes down
for six + weeks after two games.

Johnctx

Mar 10, 2010, 7:45:28 AM3/10/10

Papa, from a pure football perspective we are not as good a team. if
they decided that we are going to sign Leon not matter what happens & we
might need that $6 MM, well, those are the football cash flow or profit
decisions that are tough to make.

I think one big misconception people have because of his build is that
Jones pounds the ball. It is still his speed that gets him free not his
biceps.

The variables that we just don't know:

1. What the Jets asked him to take in the negotiations.

2. The other issue that we can't ignore is the way he plays & prepares.
He is actually a football player & he may actually want to carry the
ball 300+ times next year. If he rushes for 2000 yards over the next
few years look who he passes. Where is he most likely to do that? Maybe
he knows that Greene is better?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/rushlead

Rushing Leaders
RK PLAYER YDS
1 Emmitt Smith 18,355
2 Walter Payton 16,726
3 Barry Sanders 15,269
4 Curtis Martin 14,101
5 Jerome Bettis 13,662
6 Eric Dickerson 13,259
7 Tony Dorsett 12,739
8 LADAINIAN TOMLINSON 12,490
9 Jim Brown 12,312
10 Marshall Faulk 12,279
11 EDGERRIN JAMES 12,246
12 Marcus Allen 12,243
13 Franco Harris 12,120
14 Thurman Thomas 12,074
15 FRED TAYLOR 11,540
16 John Riggins 11,352
17 Corey Dillon 11,241
18 O.J. Simpson 11,236
19 Warrick Dunn 10,967
20 Ricky Watters 10,643
21 JAMAL LEWIS 10,607
22 Tiki Barber 10,449
23 Eddie George 10,441
24 Ottis Anderson 10,273
25 Joe Perry 9,723

papa.carl44

Mar 10, 2010, 7:20:12 PM3/10/10

"Johnctx" <j...@spamtx.net> wrote in message

I have no misconceptions about TJ...and I was a harsh critic of his at
times. I think he did improve a lot and that may have been just much better
blocking. At times, he dances way too much and doesn't make a quick
decision. I just look at facts. Washington was hurt badly and is there is
no promise he will be able to come back or how good he will be even if he
did get signed. So, they had two backs who produced during a phenomenal
season if you are just looking at the ground game. Ane now, you won't have
either of them (most likely). I could have gone with just letting
Washington go altogether if you kept at least part of what did work. I
completely understand why TJ would be pissed off with the way the Jets
handle this. As for the last two paragraphs, I can't really follow it..who
are you talking about? That list really doesn't mean very much when you
include the days when they really played football. Are you comfortable they
keep the level they achieved with the running game going into the season
with no solid returning back except Greene?

Harlan Lachman

Mar 10, 2010, 9:55:13 PM3/10/10
In article
<3ba45a1d-bcb3-4789...@a18g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
Hammer <stuart.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

Make me a liar for a measley $500K.

So it was only $2.8 million less.

Harlan Lachman

Mar 10, 2010, 9:58:27 PM3/10/10
In article <97GdnbVN6cLlqgXW...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

> Ane now, you won't have
> either of them (most likely).

On what do you base this?

The Jets get right of first refusal and only get the second rounder if
they pass. And both choices require another team to risk losing a second
round pick in a strong draft and offer enough to keep Leon from signing
a contract the Jets will match.

I really believe the jets are fed up with Keels and his antics and
stupidity.

When this is done, he will have some splainin to do.

Johnctx

Mar 11, 2010, 9:00:36 AM3/11/10

You are that sure someone will sign Washington to a tender & we won't
match it? The tender is like a right of first refusal on real estate. It
reduces demand. In this case someone sets the table for Tannebaum. It
has risk but is probably the smart business risk to take. Papa his
agent Keels is retarded and Tannebaum may have wisely chosen to let
someone else go through the pain & he could match it.

The last two paragraphs are about Jones. We don't know what the jets
offered him. I also thinks he wants to play, and with Greene & probably
Washington around, he may have chosen to go somewhere where he can play.
We just don't know the details.

papa.carl44

Mar 11, 2010, 12:16:01 PM3/11/10

"Johnctx" <j...@spamtx.net> wrote in message

What I'm saying is even if we get Washington back....we have no idea if he
can play again....he may not recover from that injury. I'd have let him go
first if possible. The agent is nuts....but that is just one of the
givens...a bigger IF is will he be able to perform. I think TJ is a given
at performance.

> The last two paragraphs are about Jones. We don't know what the jets
> offered him. I also thinks he wants to play, and with Greene & probably
> Washington around, he may have chosen to go somewhere where he can play.
> We just don't know the details.

Right...we don't. Most good backs want to be the go to guy and play a
lot...so that speaks well of him if it's the case. I just don't see how
they are in anything but a very shaky situattion now with RB's.

Johnctx

Mar 11, 2010, 3:08:59 PM3/11/10

I am not worried about Washington it was a broken bone. I assume his
head will be there but you are right you never know. I have separated a
shoulder, broke a nose a few times, and pulled some muscles but no
personal experience with broke bones.

Papa, for me:

An ideal situation would have lead to a tendered 1st to Washington &
figured out a way to keep Jones. Maybe they promised to not tender
Washington higher than a #2 to get him in camp.

I am not sure what they offered Jones. If it was vet minimum then that
is stupid. If they offered him what KC did then he just wanted to play.

Tutor

Mar 11, 2010, 4:50:16 PM3/11/10
On Mar 11, 3:08 pm, Johnctx <j...@spamtx.net> wrote:
> papa.carl44 wrote:
> > "Johnctx" <j...@spamtx.net> wrote in message
> is stupid.  If they offered him what KC did then he just wanted to play.- Hide quoted text -

broken bones heal much better than lost hair.

Johnctx

Mar 11, 2010, 4:57:14 PM3/11/10

Its not lost. I know where it is. I just can't reach down the drain &
get it back.

Johnny Morongo

Mar 11, 2010, 7:58:13 PM3/11/10
Johnctx wrote:

> I am not worried about Washington it was a broken bone. I assume his
> head will be there but you are right you never know. I have separated a
> shoulder, broke a nose a few times, and pulled some muscles but no
> personal experience with broke bones.

This is such a soft ball, that to comment would be akin to taking a ball
bat to a pumpkin. :)

papa.carl44

Mar 11, 2010, 9:35:12 PM3/11/10

"Johnctx" <j...@spamtx.net> wrote in message

LOL...I've broken everything...at least everything that can be broken. And
some stuff got taken out and replaced with somebody else's stuff. I've had
so many surgeries that one of the surgeons at The Hospital of the Univeristy
of Pennsylvania gave me an award (joking of course)....he had me go over all
the stuff with some first year Residents...then he offered his clinical
assessment..."Carl, you are
F&^%*D up!" We laugh about it. I still feel like I function fairly well
and even though I'm not really supposed to when it comes to lifting somethng
really heavy I'm there with guys decades younger than me. I honestly think
all the getting beat up over the years kept me alive. You just learn how to
deal with it and not freak out...just stay alive. My observations have been
that the pin thing can sometimes slow a guy down a lot...and it just depends
how he reacts. For him, and for The Jets...I hope it worked.

papa.carl44

Mar 11, 2010, 9:35:56 PM3/11/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hey...I look into the sink every morning and let them know how I feel !
"Quitters !"

papa.carl44

Mar 11, 2010, 9:37:52 PM3/11/10

"Johnny Morongo" <j.mir...@harmonicconcordance.com> wrote in message

I was kind...I didn't do that. As for soft balls....well.....I had
testicular cancer too (could have been from injury they said and in our day
we never wore cups) so....I know a little about that topic too...but it
doesn't get soft...it gets hard.

Johnny Morongo

Mar 11, 2010, 10:57:48 PM3/11/10

Now THAT'S the spirit, Tut!

Johnctx

Mar 12, 2010, 9:12:59 AM3/12/10

:)

I didn't type "broked" but I know my spelling isn't where your mind was
headed. You need to get out of the desert more often.

JetsLife

Mar 15, 2010, 2:10:49 AM3/15/10
On Mar 9, 8:32 pm, Hammer <stuart.feldha...@gmail.com> wrote:

Not an apt analogy.

Jones nor Rhodes represent a royal flush. They represent competence.

As I said before I advocated for the Jones release. But since I'm not
on the firing line I didn't have to actually do it. That RexBaum *did
do it* shows me their balls and football acumen. Which I will not bet
against.

But I wouldn't have done it if I was them -- that's my point. I
didn't have the balls too -- they did.

As for Rhodes: this kid made a hellluva strip sacks in his time. Game
changing plays.

And so I don't think my original post was unclear: our leadership
takes no prisoners and that's what I like.