Sanchez

Tutor

Sep 27, 2010, 9:13:59 AM9/27/10
Has looked like a different player the last 2 weeks. Accurate,
poised, and confident with more pretty good arm strength... but most
importantly, extremely accurate. Liking what I see. Can anyone
explain the difference from the tentative, unconfident shaky kid we
saw on MNF?
Message has been deleted

John C TX

Sep 27, 2010, 11:18:18 AM9/27/10

Game one he was under pressure from the start and both Cotchery &
Keller made some early drops. I think Bruschi's assessment of him was
fair that he is fine when things are going well & that may extend to
Schott & Ryan as well but when faced with pressure he questioned
Sanchez ability to get it done.

The turning point of this season & hopefully Sanchez' career may be
Moss' TD right before the half. If you remember the Jets got the ball
back with 5+ minutes & was moving the ball. At 2nd & 8 Sanchez gets
sacked & the Jets did what they did at the end of last year, accepted
a punt instead of risking 3rd & long. I criticize Schott or maybe
Sanchez (audible?)here. t was 2nd & 8 with 2:04 left. Why not run a
draw here if you are goingto subsequently surender the down? The clock
is past 2:00 and if you catch a break your drive is alive & if you
don't you run the ball again & maybe get lucky or you leave Brady with
>1: 30 min to score.

So Moss scores & the Jets let Sanchez off the leash & we drive for a
FG. Let's hope we never look back but he is so green. Remember
Elway & Aikman struggled their first three years and they played a
lot of college football.

Here was that drive.

NY Jets - 5:21
1st-10, NYJ21 5:21 S. Greene rushed to the left for 4 yard gain
2nd-6, NYJ25 4:42 S. Greene rushed to the left for 7 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ32 4:04 M. Sanchez rushed to the left for 3 yard gain
2nd-7, NYJ35 3:18 M. Sanchez passed to S. Greene to the right for
8 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ43 2:43 S. Greene rushed to the right for 2 yard gain
2nd-8, NYJ45 2:04 M. Sanchez sacked by T. Banta-Cain
3rd-12, NYJ41 1:58 L. Tomlinson rushed up the middle for 4 yard
gain
4th-8, NYJ45 1:41 S. Weatherford punt, touchback

New England - 1:41
1st-10, NE20 1:41 T. Brady incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, NE20 1:37 T. Brady incomplete pass to the left
3rd-10, NE20 1:31 T. Brady passed to A. Hernandez down the middle
for 46 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ34 0:53 T. Brady passed to R. Moss down the middle for
34 yard touchdown. S. Gostkowski made PAT

New England - 0:53
New England kicked off, touchback

NY Jets - 0:53
1st-10, NYJ20 0:53 M. Sanchez incomplete pass to the left
2nd-10, NYJ20 0:49 M. Sanchez passed to D. Keller to the right for
12 yard gain
1st-10, NYJ32 0:41 M. Sanchez passed to D. Keller down the middle
for 22 yard gain
1st-10, NE46 0:35 M. Sanchez passed to L. Tomlinson down the
middle for 7 yard gain
2nd-3, NE39 0:25 M. Sanchez passed to B. Edwards to the left for 8
yard gain
1st-10, NE31 0:10 M. Sanchez incomplete pass to the right
2nd-10, NE31 0:00 N. Folk kicked a 49-yard field goal

Jetropolitans

Sep 27, 2010, 1:50:48 PM9/27/10
On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 06:13:59 -0700 (PDT), Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Some radio shows were saying that Dirty was on a leash in Week 1 and
has since been given more freedom.

He's been lucky as well. He threw two touchdowns (one last week, one
this week) where if a defender had simply taken a peek back, they
would have been be interceptions.

It might also have been carryover from a slow pre-season. Now he's
back at full speed.

I can't comment on New England, but Miami had a shitty defense. There
were just as many plays last night where defenders weren't within 10
yards of receivers as there were plays where Dirty had to thread the
needle.

I hope it's the third option I gave and that he's getting warmed up.
If Dirty plays like this the rest of the year, we have a chance of
winning every game.

Ian

Sep 27, 2010, 1:54:53 PM9/27/10
On Sep 27, 3:02 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> It's amazing what a player can do, without handcuffs on ;)
> He still has a lot of work to do on his long passing, though.
>
> I think that last night's game was a bigger turning point, than last week for MS.
> That last drive is going to take a lot of pressure off him.  He calmly drove the team down
> the field.  When the players f'ed up with penalties, he calmly continued forward.
> He ran one TD in, it was called back... then he calmly continued forward.
> The calm & leadership on that drive... was a first for him, in crunchtime.
> Should really boost his confidence.
> I bet we'll be seeing a different demeanor, even in his pressers.
> He be on his way!

Just take a look at his ratings for the year so far:-

Week 1 (BAL) 56.4
Week 2 (NWE) 124.3
Week 3 (@MIA) 120.5

... but let's just hope he can *AT THE VERY LEAST* improve this little
stat by 100 pts.

Career vs BUF 23.4

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9269

--
Ian

Game

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Sep 28, 2010, 2:00:40 AM9/28/10
On Sep 27, 7:25 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:02:50 -0400, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> >On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 06:13:59 -0700 (PDT), Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >It's amazing what a player can do, without handcuffs on ;)
> >He still has a lot of work to do on his long passing, though.
>
> >I think that last night's game was a bigger turning point, than last week for MS.
> >That last drive is going to take a lot of pressure off him.  He calmly drove the team down
> >the field.  When the players f'ed up with penalties, he calmly continued forward.
> >He ran one TD in, it was called back... then he calmly continued forward.
> >The calm & leadership on that drive... was a first for him, in crunchtime.
> >Should really boost his confidence.
> >I bet we'll be seeing a different demeanor, even in his pressers.
> >He be on his way!
>
> Just finished re-watching key parts of the game.
> Still pissed watching that drive, after the first 'Fins score.  Absolute confusion, used 2
> timesout... then punted. Gag!
>
> Now to Sanchez... I was really impressed by his cool last night.  Nothing phased him.  He
> just went back to the huddle, after a penalty/bad play/an almost INT, and pressed on.
> Seriously impressive matter-of-fact focus, by our newborn  ;)

The torrent is almost downloaded. Thanks for your help. Can't wait
to see it again. I'm gonna pay special attention to the O-line play.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

John C TX

Sep 28, 2010, 4:51:02 PM9/28/10
On Sep 28, 8:06 am, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 07:29:37 -0400 buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
>
> >Also watch the 2ndary play.  Leonard was terrible on Sun nite.  Wilson scares me more
> >watching a 2nd time.  He really looks in waaaaaay over his head.  I hope it's just
> >inexperience, because he looks totally lost.
>
> Pool OTOH had a terrific game. He personally saved the game on the
> Dolphins' last drive when he twice prevented Miami from scoring a TD -
> first by hustling across the field to push Marshall out of bounds at the
> 11 yard line, and then by knocking the ball away on the 4th down pass.
> --
> graybeard

That he was in there at the end is proof that coaches realize it as
well.