When was the last time...

Still Roper

Dec 28, 2010, 12:20:00 AM12/28/10
...you can remember not having to really care about what happens the
last week of the season? I myself...am liking it. I say Dirty plays
a half and then sits. Ironically.

And for all the bullshit "back in" comments...ya can't back into the
playoffs with a full week to go...it just doesn't fly...

RickyBobby

Dec 28, 2010, 1:03:41 AM12/28/10

"Still Roper" wrote in message

Sure you can. If you qualify for the playoffs on a week that you lost that
means you backed into the playoffs. It is just a funny figure of speech.
If the Jets win the last game nobody will care that they backed into the
playoffs in week sixteen. But if they lose again then the really backed
into the playoffs and the sixth seed out of six. Or something like that.

Ray O'Hara

Dec 28, 2010, 1:12:11 AM12/28/10

"Still Roper" <mark_edw...@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> [...]

true. limping in is more to the point.
the Jest were going good until the Pats kicked their sorry asses.

RickyBobby

Dec 28, 2010, 1:44:16 AM12/28/10

"Ray O'Hara" wrote in message

The Jets are giving up a lot of points for a team that was supposed to be
the Ravens on defense. I think the Jets sorry offense is giving a lot of
cheer to the opposing team.

Message has been deleted

Grinch

Dec 28, 2010, 8:21:07 PM12/28/10
On Dec 28, 12:20 am, Still Roper <mark_edwards_2...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
> ...you can remember not having to really care about what happens the
> last week of the season?

Most years going all the way back to 1970.

But this way is better.

papa.carl44

Dec 28, 2010, 11:18:22 PM12/28/10

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I am with you. The fact we can rest players is a huge benefit. I am
curious who will replace Sanchez. If they truly believe it is Brunell
then play him teh whole game. If they aren't sure split it with
Clemens.

Damn...I'm not so sure I'd rest any of them...they absolutely need the
"practice"

John C (tx)

Dec 28, 2010, 11:29:36 PM12/28/10

> Damn...I'm not so sure I'd rest any of them...they absolutely need the
> "practice"

Well you have been there but losing a player is always a worry.

If a guy is nicked up, rest him, but maybe play the 1st half like
colts did last year.

papa.carl44

Dec 29, 2010, 12:00:30 AM12/29/10

"John C (tx)" <jcn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I can see taking out Sanchez....and anybody else with a serious injury...but
too many of them need the work beyond that...and, they just don't have any
quality backups...aren't some of them playing already? Let's let McNothing
play and see what he can do....and run The Terminator some...let him get a
few carries...but who can you mess with on defense?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Dec 29, 2010, 10:58:59 AM12/29/10
In article
<73de93a0-1576-499b...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am with you. The fact we can rest players is a huge benefit. I am
> curious who will replace Sanchez. If they truly believe it is Brunell
> then play him teh whole game. If they aren't sure split it with
> Clemens.

John, I am with you.

The one upside to this game could be to allow the offense to try to
function with a back-up. No back-up has had a real shot this year.
Buffalo would love to cream us so it would be a live game.

If our back-up cannot run the offense and produce with all these
weapons, shit can him/them and get someone younger or better for next
season.

Too many teams have had their seasons determined by the play of back-ups
at various points in a season.

Imagine the Jills without Fitzpatrick, the Cowboys without Kitna, the
Iggles without Vick.

Let's see what we have (not) got.

papa.carl44

Dec 29, 2010, 1:24:36 PM12/29/10

"graybeard" <gray...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> I'm worried because Rex has said that Woody will play. Woody has the
> kind of recurring knee injury that can be tweaked on any play.
> Considering that the line has done OK without him, I would rather that
> he be allowed to continue to rehab until the playoffs.
> --
> graybeard

Agreed...very much so. Woody's replacement does not look bad and could use
the work to be ready when needed.

JetsLife

Dec 29, 2010, 3:17:26 PM12/29/10
On Dec 28, 11:18 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:73de93a0-1576-499b...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com...

Jets shouldn't rest anyone if they healthy enough to play. Jets should
play to win because the 5th seed is still in play.