This Is What I Have Been Waiting For All Season Long.............

Ritchie

Dec 12, 2010, 5:15:44 PM12/12/10
for the real Jets to show up! Gentlemen, I give you the SOJ!!! The
push for the playoffs is done, they will go 9-7 or 10-6 at the most.
They are not going to beat the Steelers or the Bears and I only give
them a marginal chance to beat Buffalo. Maybe next year Ryan will
learn to keep his big mouth shut plus learn how to be a head coach and
field a prepared team! So much hope, all for naught. At least I am
glad that I kept my enthusiasm in check and didn't buy into the hype.
Hope for the best and get ready for the worst should be the NY Jets
motto.

RickyBobby

Dec 12, 2010, 5:17:52 PM12/12/10

"Ritchie" wrote in message

Having a bad quarterback in the NFL is bad luck. The defense and Revis
Island can only do so much. Until the Jets get a good quarterback we will
never be any good.

Tutor

Dec 12, 2010, 5:19:30 PM12/12/10

the defense is vastly overrated

Saycoda

Dec 12, 2010, 5:20:35 PM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 5:17 pm, "RickyBobby" <nasca...@cox.net> wrote:
> "Ritchie"  wrote in message
>

> for the real Jets to show up! Gentlemen, I give you the SOJ!!! The
> push for the playoffs is done, they will go 9-7 or 10-6 at the most.
> They are not going to beat the Steelers or the Bears and I only give
> them a marginal chance to beat Buffalo. Maybe next year Ryan will
> learn to keep his big mouth shut plus learn how to be a head coach and
> field a prepared team! So much hope, all for naught. At least I am
> glad that I kept my enthusiasm in check and didn't buy into the hype.
> Hope for the best and get ready for the worst should be the NY Jets
> motto.

Well said!

RickyBobby

Dec 12, 2010, 5:24:06 PM12/12/10

"Tutor" wrote in message

The defense cannot play fifty minutes per game either. Sanchez sucks.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 12, 2010, 7:00:15 PM12/12/10
In article
<2e593c0f-f90f-4cad...@q18g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
Ritchie <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ritchie, you are normally a smart guy. Can you tell me what possible
difference Rex makes compared to the play calling on both sides of the
ball, the inability to get the right personnel on the field (whether it
be too few or guys like POS being used), the failure to develop Sanchez,
etc.?

Rex' bombast does not influence the play calling or personnel or
preparation. And those are our problems right now -- not our opponents
or the press.

harlan

Ritchie

Dec 12, 2010, 7:37:05 PM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 7:00 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <2e593c0f-f90f-4cad-a642-0d02da6c6...@q18g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,

The ultimate fault lies with the HC. He is the bottom line and that is
the truth. The more I see and hear this blowhard, the more I hate him.
His mouth is writing checks that the team cant cash. He like his
father is all talk. His father never won anything as a HC and Rex wont
either because their big mouths call too much attention and make other
teams that the team faces play better just so they can laugh at the
Jets. Rex is the bottom line. He, just like his father is not HC
material. He has proven that throughout the last 2 years. Last year he
and the team got a gift from the Colts that's why they made the
playoffs. This year there is no gift and the real HC and Jets have
shown up. And sadly they are just not good enough.

Antonio Varblespunk

Dec 12, 2010, 7:46:51 PM12/12/10
to mail...@dizum.com, mail...@mixmin.net
In article <2e593c0f-f90f-4cad...@q18g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>

Ritchie <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> for the real Jets to show up! Gentlemen, I give you the SOJ!!! The
> push for the playoffs is done, they will go 9-7 or 10-6 at the most.
> They are not going to beat the Steelers or the Bears

I think they can beat the Bears.

AT

Antonio Varblespunk

Dec 12, 2010, 7:49:38 PM12/12/10
> for the real Jets to show up! Gentlemen, I give you the SOJ!!! The
> push for the playoffs is done, they will go 9-7 or 10-6 at the most.
> They are not going to beat the Steelers or the Bears

I think they can beat the Bears.

AT

Harlan Lachman

Dec 12, 2010, 8:12:02 PM12/12/10
In article
<6faa19e9-5747-46e3...@k3g2000vbp.googlegroups.com>,
Ritchie <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ritchie, I don't disagree with your assessments of Rex decisions. I
still don't understand what his mouth has to do with anything.

Harlan Lachman

Dec 12, 2010, 8:12:32 PM12/12/10
In article <AZ3JAIH94052...@reece.net.au>,
Antonio Varblespunk <at...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Who cares?

RickyBobby

Dec 15, 2010, 1:32:30 AM12/15/10

"Antonio Varblespunk" wrote in message

AT

The Steelers, Ravens, and Patriots are the only three teams that can beat
the Bears. A lot of teams thought they could beat the Bears but came away
with losses.

JetsLife

Dec 17, 2010, 12:17:57 AM12/17/10

Good for you! Now we see what you've been all season long and longer:
a SOJ fan, and Nostradomus to boot!

Definition of a SOJ fan, entries 1) and 2), Merriam-Webster: a 'Jets
fan' incapable of enjoying any Jets success, while revelling in Jets
misfortune. A 'Jets fan' who sounds awfully like a NE or Miami fan.

And no one, and I mean no one could've predicted the Jets might
struggle against a Super-Bowl contender like NE on the road, or that
the Jets QB and offense could struggle against a solid Miami defense.
Too bad we had to wait all season to see your astonishing psychic
powers. Still amazing nonetheless.

Nostradomus I tell ya, we got our own Nostradomus in this newsgroup!

Ritchie

Dec 17, 2010, 3:35:02 AM12/17/10
On Dec 17, 12:17 am, JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:

> Good for you! Now we see what you've been all season long and longer:
> a SOJ fan, and Nostradomus to boot!
>
> Definition of a SOJ fan, entries 1) and 2), Merriam-Webster: a 'Jets
> fan' incapable of enjoying any Jets success, while revelling in Jets
> misfortune. A 'Jets fan' who sounds awfully like a NE or Miami fan.

No I just know the history of the Jets and expected it so I didn't get
trapped by the hype like all you sheep (your handle says it all) did.
The Jets success this season was all luck and isn't / wasn't deserved.
Anyone who doesn't see that is blind. Just like those that actually
believed the Jets deserved to be in the playoffs last year are / were
blind, they were given a gift last year.

> And no one, and I mean no one could've predicted the Jets might
> struggle against a Super-Bowl contender like NE on the road, or that
> the Jets QB and offense could struggle against a solid Miami defense.
> Too bad we had to wait all season to see your astonishing psychic
> powers. Still amazing nonetheless.
>
> Nostradomus I tell ya, we got our own Nostradomus in this newsgroup!

By the way its Nostradamus, genius sheep.

JetsLife

Dec 17, 2010, 3:06:39 PM12/17/10
On Dec 17, 3:35 am, Ritchie <ritchie1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 17, 12:17 am, JetsLife <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > Good for you! Now we see what you've been all season long and longer:
> > a SOJ fan, and Nostradomus to boot!
>
> > Definition of a SOJ fan, entries 1) and 2), Merriam-Webster: a 'Jets
> > fan' incapable of enjoying any Jets success, while revelling in Jets
> > misfortune. A 'Jets fan' who sounds awfully like a NE or Miami fan.
>
> No I just know the history of the Jets and expected it so I didn't get
> trapped by the hype like all you sheep (your handle says it all) did.
> The Jets success this season was all luck and isn't / wasn't deserved.
> Anyone who doesn't see that is blind. Just like those that actually
> believed the Jets deserved to be in the playoffs last year are / were
> blind, they were given a gift last year.

So you're saying history alone, determines all present-day outcomes?
C'mon, Ritchie. You're a smart guy and know better than this.

How did the Red Sox ever break the curse if, according to your logic,
history said they never would? How about the Phillies, who hadn't won
a championship for years? Or the Pats, who had never won a
championship? Oh that's right, each organization assembled excellent
talent and leadership. Funny how better talent and leadership usually
wins in sports and life.

Your assertion that Jets history meant they'd struggle the past 2
weeks flys in the face of reality, just like the so-called Red Sox
curse. The fact is both franchises simply weren't/haven't been good
enough. Curses, being unlucky, SOJ = they just weren't good enoug each
given season, game or moment. Has nothing to do with history or your
psychic powers. Let's look at it another way: if the Jets had a HOF QB
leading them, receivers who could catch, etc., I'm guessing last
Sunday's outcome would've been slightly different ... not to mention
some other losses this year. Unfortunately the Jets don't have a HOF
QB right now and have had some other problems, hence the 4 losses.

"The Jets success this season was all luck and isn't/wasn't deserved"?
ROFLMAO. This is one of silliest comments I've ever heard. Jets
success has been "all luck." LOL. Any person even remotely familiar
with football - and who has no twisted, tortured emotional attachment
to the Jets like you do - would laugh at your assertion.
Sorry, my friend, you are the epitome of a SOJ fan. You are an
embittered Jets-fan soul. That comment alone shows it more than
anything.

As for being "trapped by the hype" like all us "sheep," I personally
never predicted anything for the Jets this season. Never have never
will. I just love following them, being a fan. My focus is generally
the next test, the next game. Sure I sometimes gets excited thinking
about possibilities - what person doesn't about many things in life -
but that doesn't mean I predict grandeur for the Jets. I've been a
sports fans way too long to look too far ahead. You're just projecting
here, Ritchie. I don't think any Jets fan in here said Super Bowl or
bust before the season. It seems you're reacting to the preseason hype
from Rex, some other Jets folks and the media.

As for last year, I totally agree with you. The Jets lucked out big
time the Colts rested their starters. Sure the Jets were very much in
the game when Indy sat their starters and thus had a shot to defeat
the mighty Colts ... but no doubt it would've been very difficult for
the Jets to win if Manning & Co. stay in the game.

This said they didn't luck out once the bullets were flying for real
in the playoffs. No one can argue the Jets were given a gift once the
playoffs began. They walked into Cincy and SD's respective homes and
left with solid victories.

> > And no one, and I mean no one could've predicted the Jets might
> > struggle against a Super-Bowl contender like NE on the road, or that
> > the Jets QB and offense could struggle against a solid Miami defense.
> > Too bad we had to wait all season to see your astonishing psychic
> > powers. Still amazing nonetheless.
>
> > Nostradomus I tell ya, we got our own Nostradomus in this newsgroup!
>
> By the way its Nostradamus, genius sheep.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend your sensibilities, Nostry. I see your
also a visionary speller. :-)

Harlan Lachman

Dec 17, 2010, 8:00:06 PM12/17/10
In article
<be47e517-d4b6-461e...@i17g2000vbq.googlegroups.com>,
JetsLife <Jets...@aol.com> wrote:

> And no one, and I mean no one could've predicted the Jets might
> struggle against a Super-Bowl contender like NE on the road, or that
> the Jets QB and offense could struggle against a solid Miami defense.

Life, I will give you the first one.

The second is a sick joke you should apologize for. We scored fewer
points than any of Miami's previous opponents. Any of them

In fact, in their last eleven games, no opponent has failed to score a
TD (in fact in all of their games, their opponents have scored a TD) and
only one scored fewer than 16 points (and that one won).

Our offense helped give up points and only scored 6. It was a disgrace
that every Jet fan should acknowledge and declare unacceptable.

Whether they replace Shott or Rex, changes need to be made because such
performances are unacceptable with so much money and talent invested in
the OL and skill positions.

harlan

JetsLife

Dec 18, 2010, 7:43:05 PM12/18/10
On Dec 17, 8:00 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <be47e517-d4b6-461e-bf50-9db75a5ae...@i17g2000vbq.googlegroups.com>,

You're right. I was just being argumentative to get my point across.

I wasn't excusing the Jets pathetic offensive performance v. Miami,
just pointing out Miami has a good defense. And that good defenses can
make offenses struggle, especially if it's not a high-powered offense
like our Jets aren't.

But to the degree the Jets offense struggled last Sunday, you're
right: it was utterly unacceptable and disastrous.