Here we go again: Burress has lower back injury

Johnny Morongo

Aug 24, 2011, 4:53:05 PM8/24/11
http://www.thejetsblog.com/2011/08/24/burress-has-lower-back-injury/

Looks like we'll be seeing D Mason as the #2 more and more. But look at
Mason's age and suddenly the receiver corps looks very vulnerable. And
a guy as good as Cotchery in the slot will be hard to find. The kid,
Kerley, doesn't look like he's got the greatest hands. Maybe that's why
he dropped to the 4th round?

Sanchez may indeed improve, but he might wind up having to throw to
Holmes and a bunch of unproven WRs in order to do so. Of course there's
always Keller, and the new kid on the block, Cumberland... maybe.

Papa Carl

Aug 24, 2011, 9:29:39 PM8/24/11

"Johnny Morongo" <Mor...@Burf.com> wrote in message

Well...I will say it...I told ya so...he is a problem...he was then and he
will be now...he does NOT practice.

Papa Carl

Aug 24, 2011, 11:56:03 PM8/24/11

"Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Just want to add to this....NOW is the time when the timing and familiarity
between a receiver and a QB is supposed to be made solid, and that happens
when they both practice and play together. We are going to hear in the
early part of the season all kinds of crap about how "Sanchez never got a
chance to work with Plaxico and how Plax is just getting familiar with the
new QB" stuff...and it will be because of a pattern this guy has had since
he's been around. It is not that he is not a good or potentially great
player, but he does not practice. There is always something "tweaked" on
him. He'll come up with a big play...and will then claim he does not need
to practice to be great...that will not continue to get it done, not with a
just developing QB.

Message has been deleted

JetsLife

Aug 25, 2011, 5:45:20 PM8/25/11
On Aug 24, 4:53 pm, Johnny Morongo <Moro...@Burf.com> wrote:
> http://www.thejetsblog.com/2011/08/24/burress-has-lower-back-injury/
>
> Looks like we'll be seeing D Mason as the #2 more and more.  But look at
> Mason's age and suddenly the receiver corps looks very vulnerable.  And
> a guy as good as Cotchery in the slot will be hard to find. The kid,
> Kerley, doesn't look like he's got the greatest hands.  Maybe that's why
> he dropped to the 4th round?

Kerley was drafted in the fifth round.

> Sanchez may indeed improve, but he might wind up having to throw to
> Holmes and a bunch of unproven WRs in order to do so.  Of course there's
> always Keller, and the new kid on the block, Cumberland... maybe.

O ye of little faith. Any player regardless of age can get nicked up.
Relax.

Papa Carl

Aug 25, 2011, 7:16:55 PM8/25/11

"JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message

O ye of little experience....older players do not heal and recover as
quickly...that is a fact.

JetsLife

Aug 26, 2011, 2:46:15 PM8/26/11
On Aug 25, 7:16 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "JetsLife" <JetsL...@aol.com> wrote in message

Touche.

No offense Papa, but that is a given. My general point was it's merely
preseason. Folks too often make Hurricane Irenes in a glass of water.

What's more Burress is notorious for always being nicked up. For all I
care he can rest most of M-S so long as he produces on Sunday.

It's just the irrationality, alarmism - people gotta get a grip. The
Jets on paper are loaded across the board. Depth is a concern at some
positions but that's true for practically every team this side of the
Packers. But defense is a great equalizer and frankly we are fairly
deep on defense. If our pass rush improves - big if - look the fuck
out. Jets D could end up hammering some foes if so.

Papa Carl

Aug 26, 2011, 3:17:20 PM8/26/11

"JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message

Touche.

I'm not offended...my point is Sanchez is at best an emerging QB...he NEEDS
to practice with his receivers...not get to meet and greet them on game day.
Burress' not being at practice much will definitely create a negative
situation for Sanchez. I believe despite the SB victory...that scenario
created problems for Eli too. Sanchez is a ME player.