Hard Knocks #2

Sean

Sep 2, 2010, 5:40:33 PM9/2/10
Just watched it. A few things jumped out at me, at least one of which
has been mentioned here. It is VERY troubling that the O (D too?)
suffers from a severe lack of leadership. All agree that the chemistry
is great, but what good are ingredients with no one to blend them into
a nice finished product? Sanchez doesn't at all come across as a
leader. Granted, we only see a small fraction of the player
interactions, and that can be very misleading, but I sense that
Sanchez is a little too loosey-goosey for my liking. He needs to kick
some ass when necessary, and I am not sure he is capable....yet. This
aint USC, Mark. I love how he shook off the shoulder injury (when I
saw that live, I immediately flashed back to Chad vs Giants in '03.),
but he needs some more fire. The bragging is wearing thin, even for
me. I didn't care for Rex barking at that Panther (unless he said
something to Rex first). Maybe that is a regular occurrence in NFL,
but I doubt it. Simmer down, Rex. Leave the trash-talking to the guys
with the uniforms on. Secondly, I found one comment to be utterly un-
professional, and inexcusable...particularly to a non-conference
opponent in week #3 of pre-season..."Fuck the Redskins", by Westhoff.
What? I really like and respect the guy, but that was so uncalled for.
Show some respect for the opponent- who beat us, by the way. Jason
Taylor- repeatedly late? Staged? They just happened to have a camera
in his car, as he got lost? Maybe, but....how many players' cars have
cameras? What a great guy LC comes off as. Remember how he came in as
a troubled kid with a chip on his shoulder? What a solid pro. Wanted
to retire as a Jet, even if he didn't get re-signed. Never sulked in
camp, and coaches and players love him.
I hear he wants to stay with us as a scout. I love it. Heart of a
lion, and great perspective. I also think (know?) the players getting
cut is staged. Just look at their reactions, as they sit at their
lockers. "Coach wants to see ya, and bring your playbook"? A little
too predicatable. One more thing, first season with no season tickets
in over 45 years-and they called me again today. I believe it is the
ninth time since I turned the seats in the new stadium down. And what
kind of a "home field advantage" is it gonna be when it is 22 degrees
in January, and all the corporate schmucks are sitting in a heated
club watching (and doing business) the game on a giant HDTV? This
stadium project has "BUST" written all over it. Good article in
yesterday's USA Today, about declining attendance at games. F 'em. I
never asked for a new stadium. My ass fit just fine in my seats all
those years. Sean

yoyodog

Sep 2, 2010, 6:24:50 PM9/2/10
Memo to Sean... it was episode 4.

Oh, and BTW, don't let a "60 hours of weekly tape edited down to one hour to
the way the producers want it to be" TV show influence you too much.

"Sean" <BOSS...@aol.com> wrote in message