Jeff Fisher ousted as Titans coach

1 view

Michael

Jan 27, 2011, 8:47:40 PM1/27/11
Jeff Fisher gone...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Jeff-Fisher-out-as-Tennessee-Titans-coach-012711

wonder if he will coach next year for another team ???

Grinch

Jan 27, 2011, 9:17:27 PM1/27/11
On Jan 27, 8:47 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
>  Jeff Fisher gone...
>
> http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Jeff-Fisher-out-as-Tennessee-Titan...

Maybe the best coach of the last 15 years not to win a Super Bowl (and
better than some who did).

But when you get rid of the owner's pet huge-bucks franchise QB, you'd
better damn well win with a capable alternative and not lose with a
geriatric Kerry Collins.

> wonder if he will coach next year for another team ???

With $8 million of walking-away money in his pocket he can do whatever
his heart desires. Open a yarn-and-crochet shop if he wants.

I *dream* of getting fired like this. :-)

Ritchie

Jan 28, 2011, 7:59:55 AM1/28/11
On Jan 27, 9:17 pm, Grinch <oldna...@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Maybe the best coach of the last 15 years not to win a Super Bowl (and
> better than some who did).
>
> But when you get rid of the owner's pet huge-bucks franchise QB, you'd
> better damn well win with a capable alternative and not lose with a
> geriatric Kerry Collins.

The owner agreed to let Young go, mostly because he is a headcase.
ESPN stated that the reason Jeff is gone is because he would be
coaching in the last year of his contract and asked for an extension.
The owner denied him it and they both decided to part ways and the
owner bought out the last year of Jeffs contract. In regards to
coaching I don't think there are any jobs open. He will most likely
land on ESPN as a analyst for next season and coach again in 2012 when
jobs will open up.

paddy_nyr

Jan 28, 2011, 8:38:54 AM1/28/11

"Grinch" <oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

On Jan 27, 8:47 pm, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
> Jeff Fisher gone...
>
> http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Jeff-Fisher-out-as-Tennessee-Titan...
>
>Maybe the best coach of the last 15 years not to win a Super Bowl (and
>better than some who did).

Agreed and he won't be out of work for long.

>But when you get rid of the owner's pet huge-bucks franchise QB,

Correct and this is why owners shouldn't get involved in picking players.

Message has been deleted

John C TX

Jan 28, 2011, 10:20:52 AM1/28/11
"paddy_nyr" <mpp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Grinch" <oldna...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

When he was hired by the Oilers I was thinking WTF. It shows you how
much I knew.

He has a good eye for talent. Kubiak should be worried. I'd hire him
in a 2nd & let him pick his own GM.