Cro's Back

Johnny Morongo

Aug 1, 2011, 2:09:55 AM8/1/11
Source: Antonio Cromartie, Jets agree
By Rich Cimini
ESPNNewYork.com

Rebounding from the Nnamdi Asomugha snub, the New York Jets moved to
fill their vacant cornerback spot, coming to a contract agreement
early Monday morning with Antonio Cromartie, according to a league
source.

He will sign a four-year, $32 million contract, according to a league
source -- $4 million per year less than Asomugha's deal with the
Philadelphia Eagles and $1.75 million per year less than Johnathan
Joseph's contract with the Houston Texans.

The rest of the story:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6822990/source-antonio-cromartie-new-york-jets-agree-new-deal

Message has been deleted

Harlan Lachman

Aug 2, 2011, 11:54:52 AM8/2/11
In article
<36bcf578-a9e6-433c...@d32g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Rebounding from the Nnamdi Asomugha snub, the New York Jets moved to
> > fill their vacant cornerback spot, coming to a contract agreement
> > early Monday morning with Antonio Cromartie, according to a league
> > source.
> >
> > He will sign a four-year, $32 million contract, according to a league
> > source -- $4 million per year less than Asomugha's deal with the
> > Philadelphia Eagles and $1.75 million per year less than Johnathan
> > Joseph's contract with the Houston Texans.
> >
> > The rest of the story:
> >

> > http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6822990/source-antonio-cro...
>
> Johnny much cheaper and I bet the guarantee portion is much lower. I
> think Jospeh's stock rose just because he was a free agent not because
> he was that good.

Plus there were some stats (FO maybe) that indicated Joseph may not be
that solid as a cover CB.

I like the price we got Cro at and the term.

harlan