"Play The Game"....correction

1 view

Papa Carl

Apr 15, 2011, 1:49:54 PM4/15/11
We rehearsed the tune with the four verses and it was awesome...it's
recorded with the first verse being repeated at the end...then ending just
the same with Alexis doing her thing that sounded great. Let's just add
that first verse over again at the end....it shouldn't be a problem I don't
think. See you guys about 6:30 at KMD on Sunday....really looking forward
to it.

Papa

Papa Carl

Apr 15, 2011, 1:52:23 PM4/15/11

"Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I have NO idea how we got this here...my screw up ! I'm getting too old to
function :-)

Michael

Apr 15, 2011, 1:55:53 PM4/15/11
On Apr 15, 1:52 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote in message

haha... good one ! you mentioned music a number of times... i gather
you are a player, no ???

Papa Carl

Apr 15, 2011, 2:38:22 PM4/15/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Some might say "No"...but yes...guitar, and leads....it's our band, we have
a Sunday night gig...I didn't realize I had the group open. I really enjoy
doing it, an old guy with some moderately old guys and a really young girl.
We have a fairly regular Sunday night gig and do other stuff too...the best
part is all the people you get to meet and the other musicians you get to
hang with. Burf came to one of our big events...an all day festival thing.
Papa

Michael

Apr 15, 2011, 3:04:48 PM4/15/11
On Apr 15, 2:38 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Papa- Hide quoted text -

ahhh.... well rounded man... football, the counseling stuff and music
too... i also play... well... used to... have not been on a stage in
years, but during my time in college and for a few years after, I did
quite a bit of it... I took up all of my free electives in college
with music courses including music theory 1 and theory 2. They were
as challenging as calc, but yet, those were only two credit classes.
I never referred to myself as an artist or a musician. Just as a
bassist.

Ritchie

Apr 15, 2011, 7:08:03 PM4/15/11
On Apr 15, 2:38 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Papa- Hide quoted text -

Hey Papa I play guitar also and have an extensive collection of them
from when I first started (12) till my most recent purchase. What
brand do you tend to favor? I am primarily a Gibson man myself. Mostly
SG's but I have a couple of Les Paul's and Flying V's. We play clubs
every once in a while and at get togethers with friends and family on
the weekends.

HVAC

Apr 16, 2011, 6:33:51 AM4/16/11

All I wanna know is...Is Alexis hot?

Papa Carl

Apr 16, 2011, 2:55:08 PM4/16/11

"Ritchie" <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I've been in the process of "thinning" out my collection. I'm at that age
where I really don't need a room full of guitars. I liked Fender electrics
but had just about everything you can think of...I know I sold more than I
ever kept...they seemed to come and go. I just sold a vintage UK II...it
was an Ovation solid body electric made in the late 70's...very few made.
It was a solid body guitar made of some polymer over an aluminum frame with
a mahogany neck. Everything is bolted together and the sustain was
unbelievable. They are a hot collectible item. I sold it to a kid I know
who is seriously up and coming as a player. I also just sold a vintage G&L
S-500. So, left to my electric collection I only have a Tele and a Strat.
I play a lot of acoustic stuff...plugged in acoustic mostly. My main guitar
is a Gibson J-45 Rosewood Custom. Then I have about five other acoustic or
acoustic electrics. I'm thinking of selling my Ovation 2007 Collector's
Edition. I know all the bad rap on Ovations..but for plugging in and
playing live I don't think they can be beat...not the cheap ones...the good
ones made in Connecticut. Still....my J-45 is the one I love. We have a
Foundation called The Jam for Life Foundation...we use music to raise organ
donor awareness. We've been fortunate to have some great artists join us.
We have a show coming up in May in Asbury Park, NJ. It should be a good
day. One of the people who does a lot with me, recorded on my CD is Lisa
Bouchelle. Burf went nuts over her when he saw her. She is very easy to
work with and to look at :-) Let's jam some time !
www.jamforlifefoundation.org On the media page are some video
clips....Lisa is fun to look at :-) Don't be frightened by the old guy. On
I.C.U. Blues you can hear some awesome acoustic blues by Joe Zook...a
serious guitar guy. Check out www.lisabouchelle.com