Coles a Jet for the third time

Tutor

Jul 30, 2010, 5:40:43 PM7/30/10
Just saw a post elsewhere that Coles will be making his 3rd stint as a
NY Jet. Don't know what to make of this, but it can't hurt while
Holmes serves his suspension. He didn't show much last season on the
Bengals, but a the 4th receiver after Edwards, Holmes and Cotchery, I
think we are well set at the position.

MZ

Jul 30, 2010, 5:57:59 PM7/30/10

They needed more depth to round out the roster in case of injury,
especially for the first four weeks like you said. Good signing. I
assume he was cheap?

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

Jul 31, 2010, 12:10:51 AM7/31/10
On Jul 30, 8:24 pm, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> Reportedly one year at vet minimum salary.
> --
> graybeard

AND..., according to Cimini:

"It's an insurance policy for them," Coles said. "Those first
four games are very important for the team to get where they want to
go. It's an opportunity for me to come in and see what I can still do,
but there's a slim chance I'll be there after four games. There's a
good chance I'll get released; it depends on how things go. They were
honest and open about it. It is what it is."

Cimini goes on to say:
As a veteran, if Coles is on the opening day roster, his base
salary will be guaranteed. It's believed that he signed for the
veterans' minimum, $855,000 -- which wouldn't be a bad take for
training camp, plus four games.

Not a bad signing, but that takes away the deep threat that Clowney
could provide. WE know that Coles doesn't have that top end speed
anymore. I hope he doesn't eat up a roster space that might more
profitably go to someone not as high on the radar right now.

Ray OHara

Jul 31, 2010, 11:41:07 PM7/31/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

there is one thing about Coles I've always wondered about.
does he pronouce his name wrong or does he spell it wrong?

Message has been deleted

Michael

Aug 1, 2010, 9:41:39 PM8/1/10
On Jul 31, 12:10 am, Johnny Morongo
> profitably go to someone not as high on the radar right now.- Hide quoted text -

yes...clowney... especially in the preseason against guys that wont be
on a roster in 30 days

Message has been deleted

Michael

Aug 2, 2010, 3:26:48 PM8/2/10
On Aug 2, 1:53 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> I'm hoping Marcus Henry can make it over Clowney.  I like his size & hands.- Hide quoted text -

with cotch, edwards, santonio, coles, clowney, smith, henry....
probably clowney or henry wont make it... or may be coles wont... at
least we have options and depth at that position now

Message has been deleted