Sanchez's best game ever

Grinch

Jan 18, 2011, 7:56:27 PM1/18/11
Only 198 yards on only 25 attempts, not heroic numbers, but....

http://footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2011/quick-reads-divisional-round

Remember all that stuff about how the Jets had simplified their
offense and were limiting Sanchez to slants and other safe throws
after the 45-3 loss to the Patriots? Well, they made it more complex.

Sanchez was fantastic against the Patriots, often hitting his
receivers in stride and even making plays downfield. His best throw
was about as complex as you can get, signaling Braylon Edwards to
change his route on the fly with a hand signal and then launching a
perfect 36-yard corner route to the sideline. He turned 10 third downs
into four first downs and two touchdowns, particularly important
considering his rushing game produced just one first down in the first
half

papa.carl44

Jan 18, 2011, 8:29:52 PM1/18/11

"Grinch" <oldn...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

Very good observations. What is important here is they changed the core of
the offense, and did significantly so. I think the result is an efficient
QB who can function in the offense. A lot of good coaching is adjusting to
what the players CAN do..use your tools well so to speak. I liked what
they did very much and was for the most part really excited about what I was
seeing. It became apparent that he would need to pass efficiently to win,
he did that and made some key throws that looked like a seasoned vet
performing. OMHO, Papa Carl

Michael

Jan 18, 2011, 8:44:12 PM1/18/11
On Jan 18, 8:29 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Grinch" <oldna...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

> > Only 198 yards on only 25 attempts, not heroic numbers, but....
>
> >http://footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2011/quick-reads-divisional-...

> > Remember all that stuff about how the Jets had simplified their
> > offense and were limiting Sanchez to slants and other safe throws
> > after the 45-3 loss to the Patriots? Well, they made it more complex.
>
> > Sanchez was fantastic against the Patriots, often hitting his
> > receivers in stride and even making plays downfield. His best throw
> > was about as complex as you can get, signaling Braylon Edwards to
> > change his route on the fly with a hand signal and then launching a
> > perfect 36-yard corner route to the sideline. He turned 10 third downs
> > into four first downs and two touchdowns, particularly important
> > considering his rushing game produced just one first down in the first
> > half
>
> Very good observations.  What is important here is they changed the core of
> the offense, and did significantly so.  I think the result is an efficient
> QB who can function in the offense.  A lot of good coaching is adjusting to
> what the players CAN  do..use your tools well so to speak.  I liked what
> they did very much and was for the most part really excited about what I was
> seeing.  It became apparent that he would need to pass efficiently to win,
> he did that and made some key throws that looked like a seasoned vet
> performing.  OMHO, Papa Carl- Hide quoted text -

with my very ammature observations...my *theory* is that the offense
began going throuhg a wholesale change after the miami loss. do you
agree ??? if so, who do you think is responsible ??? why have players
recently given callahan and cav for play calling ??? is it me picking
dust specks out of pepper, or do clues bare out that sanchez has an on-
field problem with schotty ???

papa.carl44

Jan 18, 2011, 8:58:55 PM1/18/11

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I have no clue. I did find it interesting that the FX Sound clip on NFL
Network from the Colts game showed Schott asking Rex what he wanted for that
play that set up the winning FG. So, we know to some extent things seem to
go through Rex. I would imagine that they collectively decided something
needed to be changed, and if they have any smarts they do it in a group,
with all the offensive brains having some input. What I mean is Cav says
what he thinks is best for MS, and Callahan puts in his ideas to let the O
line perform to their best. You don't throw out the offense, but by
collectively coming together you fine tune things. I suspect most players
go to their position coach more readily than anyone else, and that proably
has a role too. I'm only taking a guess here based on my own experiences,
when players you trust tell you what they think will work best for them, and
you are smart enough to listen, you come together and put the stuff together
that works for everyone. It just looked like the total package had / has
more of a goal to it now. OMHO, Papa Carl