Dont blame Al Davis...

Michael

Oct 18, 2011, 11:05:47 AM10/18/11
Raiders trade away two first round picks + for Carson Palmer.

You cant blame Al Davis for this one. The lunacy continues in
Oakland...

Palmer was a good part of the Bengals problems... He was off target
more often than not.

Tutor

Oct 18, 2011, 11:35:58 AM10/18/11
Wonder if ol' Al would have done this. It's a 2012 1st and a 2013
2nd, which could rise to a 2013 1st based on unspecified performance
stats.

What a boost to the next couple of Bengal drafts this is.

I'm glad they made this trade. Given the Raiders history of trading
with New England, I am surrised they didn't make a move to acquire
Mallet. That would have been a way better long-term move. But I
think the Raiders are feeling they can win now and that Palmer gives
them the best chance over the next few years. I agree that Palmer has
looked pretty bad the last couple of years. Gone is that once great
arm strength and his accuracy really declined as well. It's not like
he didn;t have good receivers.

Tutor

Oct 18, 2011, 12:26:46 PM10/18/11
On Oct 18, 10:05 am, Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
I just read that the Raiders are now without 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and
7th in 2012.

whoa. They should get Ricky Williams for all of that.

graybeard

Oct 18, 2011, 12:53:49 PM10/18/11
On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:26:46 -0700 (PDT), Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I just read that the Raiders are now without 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and
>7th in 2012.
>
>whoa. They should get Ricky Williams for all of that.

Don't underestimate those 5th and 6th round picks ;-)
--
graybeard

Tutor

Oct 18, 2011, 12:58:04 PM10/18/11
On Oct 18, 11:53 am, graybeard <graybe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 09:26:46 -0700 (PDT), Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I just read that the Raiders are now without 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and
> >7th in 2012.
>
> >whoa.  They should get Ricky Williams for all of that.
>
> Don't underestimate those 5th and 6th round picks  ;-)
> --
> graybeard

Mort is saying that the condition for the 2013 2nd round pick
escalating to a 1st round pick is the Raiduhs winning a playoff game
this year.

How strange is that?

John C TX

Oct 18, 2011, 1:32:10 PM10/18/11
Not that strange there will similar conditions on our trade with
Cromartie which became a 2nd when we beat the Colts.

Señor Patriots

Oct 18, 2011, 6:50:31 PM10/18/11
On Oct 18, 10:35 am, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am surrised they didn't make a move to acquire
> Mallet.  That would have been a way better long-term move.  But I
> think the Raiders are feeling they can win now and that Palmer gives
> them the best chance over the next few years.  I agree that Palmer has
> looked pretty bad the last couple of years.  Gone is that once great
> arm strength and his accuracy really declined as well.  It's not like
> he didn;t have good receivers.
Yep, the want to win now, and I think they can. I like the move.
It's like going for it late in the game on fourth down instead of
punting.

I know Palmer has declined but I think it's fair to say that he was
being misused or he would not have been so irate at the organization.
With that team and HC I suspect he may find his game again. I hope he
does and then we won't have to endure one more San Diego playoff
collapse.

That will be a tough team to draw in the playoffs.

MZ

Oct 18, 2011, 8:40:21 PM10/18/11
I think the Pats could get more for Hoyer. I think this is their
plan, and this is why they drafted Mallet. It's not often you hear of
a guy that's traded the same year he's drafted.

Anyway, I could see Palmer actually resurrecting his career.
Oakland's probably a tough place to do it.

John C TX

Oct 19, 2011, 11:59:48 AM10/19/11
Well now that we know Ocho was over the hill you are probably right.

:)

I agree. That organization --Bengals-- is a mess. Think about who he
was throwing to & handing off to the past few years. Seriously,
whether talented or not it included: Benson Chad, TO, & Chris Henry.
How did they not pick up Braylon & Randy to complete the show?