Miami: Perfect Opponent

BicketyBam

Dec 7, 2010, 4:46:44 PM12/7/10
Miami is the perfect opponent for us this week. They aren't so bad that a
win rings hollow and they aren't good enough to beat us at home. I have
watched a fair amount of the Dolphins games this year and I can't see them
beating us on Sunday. Their defense is pretty good, but it can be beat
especially by passes to Keller. Cam Wake is an excellent pass rusher, but
we held him sackless in the first meeting. Miami will have a hard time
covering Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery and Keller. Running will be tough
sledding, but we will eventually get out yards. Henne has looked mostly
awful this year. He has a very hard time with cover 2 and I hope Rex and
staff have noticed. I would play lots of zone and wait for him to be
confused, which shouldn't take long. He was God awful last week. Lastly,
Ricky and Ronnie will do nothing against us on the ground.

There is no reason why the Jets shouldn't improve to 10-3 with a convincing
victory over Miami on Sunday. We will also be 4-1 in the division and will
have ended any glimmer of playoff hope for Miami. Bank on it. Rex is going
to have the defense ready to kill. Sunday can't get here soon enough.

euphy

Dec 7, 2010, 5:33:40 PM12/7/10

YES! YES! WE BEAT MIAMI AND THEN MEET THE PATS IN THE PLAY.... oh
fuck.....

BicketyBam

Dec 7, 2010, 5:48:07 PM12/7/10
euphy <eüphe...@mindspring.com> wrote in

I'll take my chances with another shot at the Pats.....and who knows - the
Pats might lose and we never have to play them. Like last year. And Miami
will be home. Like last year.

But I digress. Miami is really in for an ass kicking.

rt

Dec 7, 2010, 7:49:16 PM12/7/10
On Dec 7, 2:48 pm, BicketyBam <Blo...@joemama.net> wrote:
> euphy <e phem...@mindspring.com> wrote innews:49j29a....@news.alt.net:

Yes Bam, last years' waltzing into to the playoffs against
insurmountable odds was truly awe inspiring, but I think you'll find
the end of this season may play out a bit differently facing some
decent teams who actually have incentive to win.

As a Dolphins fan I think the analysis posed in your OP is pretty
accurate. We are a poorly coached, offensively-flawed team with a
decent defense. I'd trade you a Henning for a Shotty in a nanosecond,
but odds are, neither of us would be happy with the replacement.

Henne is not good, and he's likely not ever going be above average.
From what I've seen of the Jet's D, without the predictable overloads
and full on blitzes, they don't seem to pressure the QB, but
unfortunately Chad is a guy who may do worse when he has time to think
about it. Given our running game is anemic, and our top two WRs are
either out or injured, a standard cover 2 will likely suffice.

I've never been a huge Sanchez fan, but at this stage of the game he
shows more promise than Chad, although I'm curious to see how he'll
handle a serious run of adversity. We've got a patchwork secondary,
and Keller and Holmes will likely post big numbers.

But, this is Miami/NYJ. Anything can happen and often does.

It should be entertaining.

rt

BicketyBam

Dec 8, 2010, 1:01:41 PM12/8/10
> rt- Hide quoted text -

We seem to be on the same page, rt. I've actually followed Miami
pretty closely this year because I think they are a decent football
team that would be right in the mix for the division. If it weren't
for the Jets getting embarassed on MNF, I'd say the game would be very
tight (and it still may be). But I think Miami is going to see a very
pissed off Jets team who is going to be looking to redeem themselves.
I expect the Jets to be very physical on defense. And while Henne has
had 2 good games against the Jets in his short career, I don't think
he will have one this Sunday.

Sorry if my post came off as smack talk - I was just a little riled up
after that major ass kicking. Hopefully my team will be as well :)
Thanks for the decent response.

Message has been deleted

BicketyBam

Dec 8, 2010, 1:59:40 PM12/8/10
On Dec 8, 9:49 am, "Brad Machado" <KYLERSGRAN...@webtv.net> wrote:

> On 12/7/2010 16:46, BicketyBam wrote:
>

> >Miami is the perfect opponent for us this week. They aren't so bad
> >that a win rings hollow and they aren't good enough to beat us at
> >home. I have watched a fair amount of the Dolphins games this year
> >and I can't see them beating us on Sunday. Their defense is pretty
> >good, but it can be beat especially by passes to Keller. Cam Wake is
> >an excellent pass rusher, but we held him sackless in the first
> >meeting. Miami will have a hard time covering Edwards, Holmes,
> >Cotchery and Keller. Running will be tough sledding, but we will
> >eventually get out yards. Henne has looked mostly awful this year. He
> >has a very hard time with cover 2 and I hope Rex and staff have
> >noticed. I would play lots of zone and wait for him to be confused,
> >which shouldn't take long. He was God awful last week. Lastly, Ricky
> >and Ronnie will do nothing against us on the ground.
>
> >There is no reason why the Jets shouldn't improve to 10-3 with a
> >convincing victory over Miami on Sunday. We will also be 4-1 in the
> >division and will have ended any glimmer of playoff hope for Miami.
> >Bank on it. Rex is going to have the defense ready to kill. Sunday
> >can't get here soon enough.
>
> just like monday against the pats could not come fast enough, eh
> dipshit?
>
> typical asshole craig cartoon like jet fan: you actually think your
> team is great. well newsflash dickbag: the jets are an average team
> that has a good record because you beat (and just barely) CRAP teams.
> but the moment you play REAL teams like the pats, you get exposed for
> the fraud you are.
>
> so like cartoon, you keep on thinking that a win against a shit team
> like miami is somehow going to redeem you from the beating you got
> against the great pats. with lt, santonio holmes, braylan edwards, etc
> your shit team only could score 3 points against the WORST defense in
> the nfl. you still have not won a game against an over 500 team yet
> this year. so keep braying on like your fat fuck coach you losers who
> have not won a super bowl in 42 years.- Hide quoted text -

Quality post. Kudos.

rt

Dec 8, 2010, 6:12:46 PM12/8/10

No worries. After all, I'm the invading germ in this NG.

After personally viewing the horror of Raul Allegre kicking an OT
winner against my fins in the early 90's, which determined the 8-8
Jets rather than 8-8 Dolphins would qualify as a wildcard, I firmly
believe anything can happen in this game.

And don't get me started on the "MNM"...

rt

Hammer

Dec 8, 2010, 6:23:52 PM12/8/10
> Quality post. Kudos.- Hide quoted text -

He's right though.