When was the last time...

JKConey

Sep 10, 2010, 8:52:54 PM9/10/10
You were you this psyched about an upcoming season? Richard Todd days?
Browning Nagle?

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

euphy

Sep 10, 2010, 8:57:34 PM9/10/10
On 9/10/2010 7:52 PM, JKConey wrote:
> You were you this psyched about an upcoming season? Richard Todd days?
> Browning Nagle?

Kenny O'Brien.

BicketyBam

Sep 10, 2010, 9:09:33 PM9/10/10
"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in news:i6ejt5$3kj$1...@news.eternal-
september.org:

> You were you this psyched about an upcoming season? Richard Todd days?
> Browning Nagle?

The season where Vinny blew out his achilles in the first game. Oh, and the
Favre year. Too bad he was hurt. Look how the guy played last year.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Sep 10, 2010, 10:20:10 PM9/10/10

"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> [...]

Oh NO ! You just cursed us by mentioning that B N dude !

Ray O'Hara

Sep 10, 2010, 10:30:27 PM9/10/10

"euphy" <eüphe...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

O'Beien could throw. you have sancho now.

papa.carl44

Sep 10, 2010, 11:39:31 PM9/10/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 20:52:54 -0400, "JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> You were you this psyched about an upcoming season? Richard Todd days?
>>Browning Nagle?
>
> Al Woodall.
>
> It's funny... I get psyched about the beginning of a season, but haven't
> been psyched
> about a Jets team in eons. I guess it might be Mangini's first season,
> since I was so
> happy the Preacher was sent packing. I was *this* close to jumping ship,
> that last tP
> season.

My "moment" came when we were sitting in section 211 on a Sunday night,
prime time, being taken into the Kotite Zone. The Raiders were humiliating
the Jets, in front of the entire football viewing world. It was surreal.
That was my almost jumped ship moment.

hal

Sep 11, 2010, 8:12:57 AM9/11/10

85 Ken O'Brien or maybe 99 with Testeverde

papa.carl44

Sep 11, 2010, 10:24:44 AM9/11/10

"hal" <hal...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

You're right...''99 with VT.....I still remember watching him go down, was
at that game and actually knew someone involved with the team quite well.
We used to go to dinner after the games and that was a very somber evening.

Tutor

Sep 11, 2010, 10:34:31 AM9/11/10
On Sep 10, 11:39 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> > On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 20:52:54 -0400, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >>  You were you this psyched about an upcoming season? Richard Todd days?
> >>Browning Nagle?
>
> > Al Woodall.
>
> > It's funny... I get psyched about the beginning of a season, but haven't
> > been psyched
> > about a Jets team in eons.  I guess it might be Mangini's first season,
> > since I was so
> > happy the Preacher was sent packing.  I was *this* close to jumping ship,
> > that last tP
> > season.
>
> My "moment" came when we were sitting in section 211 on a Sunday night,
> prime time, being taken into the Kotite Zone.  The Raiders were humiliating
> the Jets, in front of the entire football viewing world.  It was surreal.
> That was my almost jumped ship moment.

ugh. 1995 Sunday night.

Vance Joseph.

Was torched all night long but Kotite left him in for the entire
game. Raiders put up 45 points or more if I recall. That was the
single worst performance I have ever seen by a DB.

Vance Joseph is now a secondary coach in San Francisco along with ex-
Jet Johnny Lynn.

JKConey

Sep 11, 2010, 11:40:43 AM9/11/10

"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote in message

I think his best game was his first? He threw for 300 yards and put up
lots of points in a game they fell behind quickly, and were never back in as
I recall?

--

www.myconeyislandmemories.com

papa.carl44

Sep 11, 2010, 1:19:11 PM9/11/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

ugh. 1995 Sunday night.

Vance Joseph.

When the Raiders were on the goal line, which was often, Kotite used what
was a basic "8 up" allignment, right out of high school playbooks of old,
real old. That put the D end Washington in coverage into the flat with
motion his way.....horrendous.....Washington came off the field furious and
Kotite ignored him....that was the single worst job of coaching I ever saw
except for some pop warner type stuff. Not only id Joseph keep getting
burned....and left in...Richie never even changed up the defense....that was
actually a bizarre night...it felt very strange. We were in the mezz behind
the Jets bench...the bench did not look like they even wanted to stay on the
field and it appeared as though a lot of shouting was going on....but Kotite
kept his unmade bed look going and just stood there staring.

Ray O'Hara

Sep 11, 2010, 5:28:47 PM9/11/10

"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote in message

was that the year he got injured falling back at the start of the game?

Ritchie

Sep 11, 2010, 5:32:30 PM9/11/10
On Sep 10, 8:52 pm, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:

The last time I was pumped for a Jet season was when Vinny went down
in the first game. I am not pumped at all for this season because I
believe with the schedule the Jets have and Sanchez being the way he
is, the Jets will take a step backwards. They have a lot of weapons
Holmes, Edwards, Greene and a good defense but, they need a confident
leader and Sanchez isn't that person.

Harlan Lachman

Sep 11, 2010, 8:34:57 PM9/11/10
In article
<34f48b74-5f19-4024...@y3g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
Ritchie <ritch...@gmail.com> wrote:

I beat you by a few seconds. The last time for me was the play before
Vinnie went down with the Achilles.

Pumped is too strong for me. But if we don't win it this year, I am not
sure I will ever believe we will. This team is loaded with talent
compared to past Jet teams. And we don't have a Winner, a nose picker, a
sanitary napkin, a cheerleader, or a penguin for a HC.

A J

Sep 11, 2010, 8:45:00 PM9/11/10
On Sep 10, 8:52 pm, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:

Definitely '99.

As I watched Vinny slap the turf, repeatedly, with his open hand, I
knew it wasn't
because of the pain from his injury, it was his reaction to the pain
of a lost season.

Devastating.

Deadmeat

Sep 11, 2010, 8:54:44 PM9/11/10
On 9/10/2010 8:52 PM, JKConey wrote:
> You were you this psyched about an upcoming season? Richard Todd days?
> Browning Nagle?

Come on Jets fans. Why do you set yourself for such disappointment at
the start of every season?

Ar least as a Dolphin fan, I know they're not gonna do anything this
season. If they do, then it's a pleasant surprise. If they don't it's
expected.

Message has been deleted

MZ

Sep 12, 2010, 12:43:27 AM9/12/10

Dolphins should field a good team this year. There's really no
outstanding teams in the AFC outside of the Colts. Anyone's in it. I
think you're just afraid to be let down.

Message has been deleted

Deadmeat

Sep 12, 2010, 10:21:01 AM9/12/10

I don't know about that. Except for the Jacksonville game, in the
preseason they looked like a bad high school team. The OL couldn't move
anyone off the line, or pass protect. The receivers apparently forgot
how to catch. With the exception of Vontae Davis, and now he's hurt, the
backfield couldn't cover anyone, and the D got nowhere near the QB. I'm
hoping Mike Nolan's super secret defense which will finally be unveiled
today, at least improves that situation. It wouldn't surprise me at all
if Buffalo wins today. I'll happily admit if I'm wrong.