That'll teach you to bitch! You're outta here!

JKConey

Oct 11, 2011, 10:49:46 PM10/11/11

Papa Carl

Oct 11, 2011, 10:56:03 PM10/11/11

"JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:j72v88$ccb$1...@dont-email.me...
> http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texans-jets
>

> JK Sinrod
> www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of balls...they
didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a lot
of balls....this team is headed in a very bad direction I think.

Ray O'Hara

Oct 11, 2011, 11:50:24 PM10/11/11

"Papa Carl" <papa...@verizon.net> wrote in message

it does make you wonder how in charge Rex really is.
because I have to agree with many Jets fand that Schotty Jr is a problem.
the Pats D has had us Pats fans cringing all season and the Jets had 7 3 and
outs against it.

RävNsfän ®

Oct 12, 2011, 12:06:13 AM10/12/11
:
--
Rex was well aware of Mason's disruptive actions within the Ravens locker
room the final season Rex was with the Ravens. Makes me think that much like

Any idea yet on the draft round that was traded to the JETS?

--
~Drew

"Talk is cheap ...lets just go play"
Johnny Unitas - Baltimore Colts

Tutor

Oct 12, 2011, 12:05:45 AM10/12/11
On Oct 11, 10:49 pm, "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote:
> http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
>
> JK Sinrodwww.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

all is not well in Jet land. Trying to make an example of he who
leaked to the press that the whole fuckin' team hates Schottenheimer.

This is going to get worse before it gets better.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Tutor

Oct 12, 2011, 12:42:44 AM10/12/11
On Oct 12, 12:06 am, "RävNsfän ®" <noemai...@nospam4me.org> wrote:
> "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> :http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
> :
> :

> : JK Sinrod
> :www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
>
> --
> Rex was well aware of Mason's disruptive actions within the Ravens locker
> room the final season Rex was with the Ravens. Makes me think that much like
> the JETS at the time, the Texans feel they can use him more for his
> information on the Ravens than his contributions in replacing Johnson.
>
> Any idea yet on the draft round that was traded to the JETS?
>
> --
>      ~Drew
>
>            "Talk is cheap ...lets just go play"
>             Johnny Unitas - Baltimore Colts

conditional 7th. Jets will likely get nothing. nuttin' for nuttin.

Ritchie

Oct 12, 2011, 2:12:18 AM10/12/11
On Oct 11, 10:56 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
> answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of balls...they
> didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a lot
> of balls....this team is headed in a very bad direction I think.

I agree Papa. Schott has a lot of power, possibly equal to Rex. I hope
Mason really lets it all out in an interview.

John C TX

Oct 12, 2011, 8:49:31 AM10/12/11
You have no idea how bad their WRs are after Andre. Walters is good
but not spectacular. Jacoby Jones is the dumbest man in America, drops
balls, runs poor routes. They have a great TE in Daniels & Dreesen
(ex-Jet cut by Mangini) are solid. Mason might catch some balls in
that offense.

John C TX

Oct 12, 2011, 10:11:26 AM10/12/11
On Oct 11, 9:56 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> >http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
>
> > JK Sinrod
> >www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
>
> Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
> answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of balls...they
> didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a lot
> of balls....this team is headed in a very bad direction I think.

Maybe Papa or there may be certain things that Rex just won't
tolerate. Kerry Rhodes & Faneca are two I can think of that also are
gone. Faneca made no sense as we were still paying. They made no
effort to resign Edwards. Maybe because as he reported he was doing
things in the locker room that crossed Rex' line.

Maybe Schott has all this power and maybe I will be doing shampoo
commercials in the near future. That is Johnny's signal to jump in.

R�vNsf�n �

Oct 12, 2011, 10:41:12 AM10/12/11
"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Oct 11, 11:42 pm, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:

--
I agree with that assessment. Both tight ends for the Texans have been
highly involved in that offense. Mason runs a similar route which will allow

RävNsfän ®

Oct 12, 2011, 10:47:52 AM10/12/11
"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
...at least his contract will follow him to Houston. Any idea as to whom
they will or want to replace Mase with?

Odd about the trade with Houston. Since the Ravens had a BYE week after the
JETS game, Mason technically returns to B'more ...the following weekend...
lol.
--
~Drew
"Talk is cheap ...lets just play"

Michael

Oct 12, 2011, 11:19:54 AM10/12/11
On Oct 11, 10:56 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> >http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
>
> > JK Sinrod
> >www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
>
> Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
> answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of balls...they
> didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a lot
> of balls....this team is headed in a very bad direction I think.

only a fool would deny what the facts spell out at this point.

mason was livid about schottie's obvious lack of ability. he spoke up
and it cost him his job. you could see last year, santonio was
obviously no fan of shotty. if you recall his disgustedly delivered
"ask schottenheimer" response at a presser last year. as far as rex
being the one that made the decision to get rid of mason... total bs.
rex is the one that recruited him. woody stepped in to defend his
pal's son and forced rex's hand the same way he is forcing rex to keep
schotty. i'd also gather the vocal faneca may have also been sent off
before camp started last season because he too could not stand
schottenheimer.

btw... did you by any chance catch the sideline video footage from the
jets ravens game ??? sanchez was on the sidelines saying "we have to
do something, I'm getting killed"... Schotty said with a self
statisfied grin on his face "that is what ice packs are for"

i think schotty is pretty well hated on that team... when players are
asked about schotty in the media, you can tell they are being guarded
and political...

if my guess is correct, getting rid of mason because he said what the
others were thinking could start bigger trouble.

IMHO, this team is in serious trouble and not just because of the
offensive line.

yeah, johnc... i know... it may be sanchez...

Papa Carl

Oct 12, 2011, 11:31:43 AM10/12/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nope...I agree...you are right. It's just a tight ship and Rex is in
charge. They are getting it all done the way it should be. And 7 and out
is no concern at all, the D just needs to play better. I believe Rex, he's
right on top of it.

Michael

Oct 12, 2011, 11:40:33 AM10/12/11
On Oct 12, 11:31 am, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:65bfacf3-f4e0-4fdc...@dk6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

> On Oct 11, 9:56 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > >http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
>
> > > JK Sinrod
> > >www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
>
> > Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
> > answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of
> > balls...they
> > didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a
> > lot
> > of balls....this team is headed in a very bad direction I think.
>
> Maybe Papa or there may be certain things that Rex just won't
> tolerate. Kerry Rhodes & Faneca are two I can think of that also are
> gone.  Faneca made no sense as we were still paying.  They made no
> effort to resign Edwards.  Maybe because as he reported he was doing
> things in the locker room that crossed Rex' line.
>
> Maybe Schott has all this power and maybe I will be doing shampoo
> commercials in the near future. That is Johnny's signal to  jump in.
> ___________________________________________________________________________­______________________

> Nope...I agree...you are right.  It's just a tight ship and Rex is in
> charge.  They are getting it all done the way it should be.  And 7 and out
> is no concern at all, the D just needs to play better.  I believe Rex, he's
> right on top of it.

Papa... You should know better than to argue with Mrs. Schottenheimer.

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2011, 2:02:48 PM10/12/11
On 10/12/2011 4:11 AM, John C TX wrote:
> On Oct 11, 9:56 pm, "Papa Carl"<papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> "JKConey"<jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

>>> http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
>>
>>> JK Sinrod
>>> www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
>>
>> Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
>> answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of balls...they
>> didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a lot
>> of balls....this team is headed in a very bad direction I think.
>
> Maybe Papa or there may be certain things that Rex just won't
> tolerate. Kerry Rhodes& Faneca are two I can think of that also are
> gone. Faneca made no sense as we were still paying. They made no
> effort to resign Edwards. Maybe because as he reported he was doing
> things in the locker room that crossed Rex' line.
>
> Maybe Schott has all this power and maybe I will be doing shampoo
> commercials in the near future. That is Johnny's signal to jump in.

Thanks for the invite, bro. Been lurkin' most of the year. I just
can't get interested enough want to comment, but you be the closest to
the scene of the crime, so I'll ask, what do you hear down there?

Am I the only one here who thinks Woody appears to be just a little
pink? My new number 1 conspiracy theory: one of the Schitts is doing
him. I think Burf might have the pictures.

JKConey

Oct 12, 2011, 2:21:07 PM10/12/11
"Papa Carl" wrote in message

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Oct 11, 9:56 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> >http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
>
> > JK Sinrod
> >www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
>
> Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
> answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of
> balls...they
> didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a lo
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Nope...I agree...you are right. It's just a tight ship and Rex is in
charge. They are getting it all done the way it should be. And 7 and out
is no concern at all, the D just needs to play better. I believe Rex, he's
right on top of it.

Can't help but remind me of Pat Riley with the Knicks. No matter if they
held opponents to under 80, when they couldn't score he always
blamed the defense.

-- JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

John C TX

Oct 12, 2011, 3:36:51 PM10/12/11
Did you just call Woody a Commie? Papa told me the other day he
doesn't like being called a Commie & here you go taking a schott at
the heir to the band aid fortune.

What do I hear down here? About the Texans & Mason I assume? They say
the Texans called the Jets as they have nothing after Andre & they
couldn't run the ball. Hell they couldn't score on the last play &
the Raiders only had 10 men on the field.

John C TX

Oct 12, 2011, 3:58:57 PM10/12/11
On Oct 12, 9:41 am, "R vNsf n " <noemai...@nospam4me.org> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:7064d769-c413-4f6f...@x6g2000prn.googlegroups.com...
I can't see it being close. The FB they have, with Casey hurt, can't
do anything but block & he is no Vontae Leach. I know now why teh
Lions kept hoping for a stud at WR as Andre Johnson is a game changer.

Wade runs a soft 3-4 which should help Flacco and one corner is very
weak so if they provide safety help they open up the middle. Mario's
replacement is a rookie (Reed) with a high work rate & looks to have
promise but gets sucked in so Rice should pop a few long ones to the
outside.

John C TX

Oct 12, 2011, 4:08:38 PM10/12/11
On Oct 12, 10:31 am, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:65bfacf3-f4e0-4fdc...@dk6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

Really how do you know what is going on?

Did it ever occur to you that Ryan was pissed about what Mason said &
if the reports are accurate about the supposed mutiny-- which by the
way we don't know-- then this is consistent on how he deals with
unhappy players. By the way if the reports are accurate Houston called
NY.

I am cracking up laughing that everyone is aghast that the jets traded
a 37 year old receiver who bitched publicly, replaced him witha young
faster player & then got a 7th rounder --maybe better?-- for a FA we
picked up ff the scrap heap.

Michael

Oct 12, 2011, 4:34:52 PM10/12/11
On Oct 12, 4:08 pm, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 12, 10:31 am, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
>

> > "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:65bfacf3-f4e0-4fdc...@dk6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...
> > On Oct 11, 9:56 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > > "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > > Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
> > > answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of
> > > balls...they
> > > didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a
> > > lot
> > > of balls....this team is headed in a very bad direction I think.
>
> > Maybe Papa or there may be certain things that Rex just won't
> > tolerate. Kerry Rhodes & Faneca are two I can think of that also are
> > gone.  Faneca made no sense as we were still paying.  They made no
> > effort to resign Edwards.  Maybe because as he reported he was doing
> > things in the locker room that crossed Rex' line.
>
> > Maybe Schott has all this power and maybe I will be doing shampoo
> > commercials in the near future. That is Johnny's signal to  jump in.
> > ___________________________________________________________________________­______________________
> > Nope...I agree...you are right.  It's just a tight ship and Rex is in
> > charge.  They are getting it all done the way it should be.  And 7 and out
> > is no concern at all, the D just needs to play better.  I believe Rex, he's
> > right on top of it.
>
> Really how do you know what is going on?
>
> Did it ever occur to you that Ryan was pissed about what Mason said &
> if the reports are accurate about the supposed mutiny-- which by the
> way we don't know--  then this is consistent on how he deals with
> unhappy players. By the way if the reports are accurate Houston called
> NY.
>
> I am cracking up laughing that everyone is aghast that the jets traded
> a 37 year old receiver who bitched publicly, replaced him witha young
> faster player & then got a 7th rounder --maybe better?-- for a FA we
> picked up ff the scrap heap.- Hide quoted text -

people are *agast* because of the reason behind it. mason said what
the rest of the world is thinking and he got jacked for it. they have
an *open door* policy, just as long as you dont fly over the target.
mason touched the political third rail when he opened his mouth about
schotty.

Papa Carl

Oct 12, 2011, 5:01:41 PM10/12/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Really???? I was laughing aghast that they Jets let Edwards and Cotchery go
and replaced him with a 37 year old receiver. After all, Edwards wasn't a
team player so Rex brought in a guy he knew he could trust.

oldn...@mindspring.com

Oct 12, 2011, 6:16:05 PM10/12/11
On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 4:08:38 PM UTC-4, John C TX wrote:
> On Oct 12, 10:31 am, "Papa Carl"
> wrote:
> > "John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:65bfacf3-f4e0-4fdc...@dk6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com...

> > On Oct 11, 9:56 pm, "Papa Carl"
> wrote:
> >
> > > "JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

It is amusing.

Schott also made Tuna trade Keyshawn. And made Gruden cut Keyshawn in the middle of the season at tremendous cap hit cost.

Mason is Keyshawn with no talent.

We should all thank Schott for using his great influence and power to get a 7th round pick for him.

oldn...@mindspring.com

Oct 12, 2011, 6:20:03 PM10/12/11
On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:36:51 PM UTC-4, John C TX wrote:

> On Oct 12, 1:02 pm, Johnny Morongo <Mor...@Burf.com> wrote:
> > On 10/12/2011 4:11 AM, John C TX wrote:

Was Schott calling their plays through his iPhone?

oldn...@mindspring.com

Oct 12, 2011, 6:03:25 PM10/12/11
On Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:11:26 AM UTC-4, John C TX wrote:
> On Oct 11, 9:56 pm, "Papa Carl"
> wrote:
> > "JKConey" <jkc...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > >http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
> >
> > > JK Sinrod
> > >www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
> >
> > Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
> > answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of balls...they
> > didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a lot
> > of balls....this team is headed in a very bad direction I think.
>
> Maybe Papa or there may be certain things that Rex just won't
> tolerate. Kerry Rhodes & Faneca are two I can think of that also are
> gone. Faneca made no sense as we were still paying.

Clearly, Schott is a meglomaniac whose power knows no bounds. :-)

> They made no
> effort to resign Edwards. Maybe because as he reported he was doing
> things in the locker room that crossed Rex' line.

Now don't go giving Rex responsibility for what happens on this team. Just consider what madness that idea could lead us to.

R�vNsf�n �

Oct 12, 2011, 5:10:01 PM10/12/11

On Oct 12, 9:41 am, "R vNsf n " <noemai...@nospam4me.org> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in
> messagenews:7064d769-c413-4f6f...@x6g2000prn.googlegroups.com...
> On Oct 11, 11:42 pm, Tutor <dcat4...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 12, 12:06 am, "R vNsf n " <noemai...@nospam4me.org> wrote:
>
> > > "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > > :http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
> > > :
> > > :
> > > : JK Sinrod
> > > :www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
>
> > > --
> > > Rex was well aware of Mason's disruptive actions within the Ravens
> > > locker
> > > room the final season Rex was with the Ravens. Makes me think that
> > > much
> > > like
> > > the JETS at the time, the Texans feel they can use him more for his
> > > information on the Ravens than his contributions in replacing Johnson.
>
> > > Any idea yet on the draft round that was traded to the JETS?
>
> > > --
> > > ~Drew
>

> > conditional 7th. Jets will likely get nothing. nuttin' for nuttin.
>
> You have no idea how bad their WRs are after Andre. Walters is good
> but not spectacular. Jacoby Jones is the dumbest man in America, drops
> balls, runs poor routes. They have a great TE in Daniels & Dreesen
> (ex-Jet cut by Mangini) are solid. Mason might catch some balls in
> that offense.
>
> --
> I agree with that assessment. Both tight ends for the Texans have been
> highly involved in that offense. Mason runs a similar route which will
> allow
> the Texans to keep one of the TE's home to guard against the inevitable
> blitzes the Ravens will throw at the Houston QB.

I can't see it being close. The FB they have, with Casey hurt, can't
do anything but block & he is no Vontae Leach. I know now why teh
Lions kept hoping for a stud at WR as Andre Johnson is a game changer.

Wade runs a soft 3-4 which should help Flacco and one corner is very
weak so if they provide safety help they open up the middle. Mario's
replacement is a rookie (Reed) with a high work rate & looks to have
promise but gets sucked in so Rice should pop a few long ones to the
outside.

--
I'm sure you are right and being home doesn't hurt at all. I'd be surprised
if the Ravens didn't attempt to re-establish their ground game this week.

I did tape and watch the Texans - Raiders game from NFL Replay and really
the only things that impressed me about Houston was, TE Walker, man what a
remarkable set of soft hands on him. And of course Foster, the big plays
from him, however, came mostly off broken Raiders coverage of him slipping
out of the backfield. A little more heads up on D and that game wouldn't
have been as close as it was for the Raiders.

Jets have a difficult schedule ahead. If they can "win" back their
confidence things will look a lot better come playoff time. Good luck
towards that end.
--
~Drew

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2011, 7:07:42 PM10/12/11
On 10/12/2011 9:36 AM, John C TX wrote:

>>> Maybe Schott has all this power and maybe I will be doing shampoo
>>> commercials in the near future. That is Johnny's signal to jump in.
>>
>> Thanks for the invite, bro. Been lurkin' most of the year. I just
>> can't get interested enough want to comment, but you be the closest to
>> the scene of the crime, so I'll ask, what do you hear down there?
>>
>> Am I the only one here who thinks Woody appears to be just a little
>> pink? My new number 1 conspiracy theory: one of the Schitts is doing
>> him. I think Burf might have the pictures.
>
> Did you just call Woody a Commie? Papa told me the other day he

> doesn't like being called a Commie& here you go taking a schott at

> the heir to the band aid fortune.

Ha! Somebody done got a humor lobotomy. Actually laughed at this. But
not the kind of pink I was thinking of, ya dumb Mick.

> What do I hear down here? About the Texans& Mason I assume? They say
> the Texans called the Jets as they have nothing after Andre& they

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2011, 7:23:19 PM10/12/11
On 10/12/2011 11:10 AM, R�vNsf�n � wrote:

> --
> I'm sure you are right and being home doesn't hurt at all. I'd be surprised
> if the Ravens didn't attempt to re-establish their ground game this week.
>
> I did tape and watch the Texans - Raiders game from NFL Replay and really
> the only things that impressed me about Houston was, TE Walker, man what a
> remarkable set of soft hands on him. And of course Foster, the big plays
> from him, however, came mostly off broken Raiders coverage of him slipping
> out of the backfield. A little more heads up on D and that game wouldn't
> have been as close as it was for the Raiders.
>
> Jets have a difficult schedule ahead. If they can "win" back their
> confidence things will look a lot better come playoff time. Good luck
> towards that end.
> --

No playoff team here, so don't look for us there. We be good to get to
8-8. But it'll be just what the FO deserves. T brought Schitt in - and
they need to leave together. Short of that, we'll continue to flounder.
Rex gets a pass for one more year after this one, but only if Woody
dumps both of them. Short of that, it'll be more of the SOJ for maybe
years to come.

Wanna trade GMs?

Señor Patriots

Oct 12, 2011, 7:23:56 PM10/12/11
On Oct 11, 10:50 pm, "Ray O'Hara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> it does make you wonder how in charge Rex really is.
> because I have to agree with many Jets fand that Schotty Jr is a problem.
> the Pats D has had us Pats fans cringing all season and the Jets had 7 3 and
> outs against it.
I have always been interested in knowing if popular beliefs are a
result of repetition of an idea, or accurate. There is a lot of
energy directed at people like Andy Reid, for instance, where the fan
assumption is that he can't coach because of x, y, and z. I beg to
differ. I think the job is a lot more complex and the conditions for
success are a lot more difficult to catch in the bottle than most fans
believe.

So to me the crucial question that needs the definitive answer with
the Jets is whether Shottenheimer's game plans and play calling are
deficient, or whether execution is deficient, especially by the QB.

A second question that needs a definitive answer is: In the case of
deficient game plans is the cause a dull imagination or the
limitations of the QB?

Fans are not at the practices. Let's face it - practices are what
the coaches base their decisions on. Look at the Denver fans calling
for Tebow and they know damn well he was third on the depth chart.
How do they figure he got to be third? Because he practiced like shit
and the coaches see that and there is no way they can vault him up to
starter or even ahead of Quinn. And that's telling you how bad Tebow
is.

Does anybody believe that Sanchez is lighting up the vertical game
during practice week in and week out? If you were the OC and saw all
those bad passes what kind of game plan would you draw up? The
problem is classic: He owes a lot of his success to the running game
which now has started to sputter. He's just being exposed as a QB
that cannot carry the team. Maybe that's not so bad. How many QBs
can carry a team? Ask Jay Cutler or Sam Bradford. It's just asking
for too much. I think the biggest problem could be personnel and that
includes Sanchez and the OL. How can any Jets fan expect a kid with
no vertical game to carry that offense when they've lost their G&P
identity?

Now they've tried to reestablish the G&P and it did not work out too
well. One week does not make a reclamation project, but it has to be
affecting Shottenheimer's game plans, right? I don't see how he can
create something out of thin air that will mask a major flaw. The
running game is the heart and soul of that offense. That has to be
fixed or I don't see how an OC can be blamed for much.

Johnny Morongo

Oct 12, 2011, 7:40:34 PM10/12/11

> faster player& then got a 7th rounder --maybe better?-- for a FA we

> picked up ff the scrap heap.

Mrs Lil' Schitt, get off yer knees and out from behind Mr T's desk.
Boy, this was just a brilliant move and totally demonstrates the boy
wonders' intellectual capacity and total football accumen.

It may have been a good move, as many addition by subtraction deals turn
out to be, but it certainly was beyond the demonstrated range of either
of their ability to think ahead or outside the box.

Instead, it smacks of the kind of "shoe box" offensive playbook we've
seen that Schitt is so fond of. IOW, it's a reach, even if perhaps a
fortuitous one.

Must say though, Mason over Cotch NEVER made sense to me. And I can
only pin that one on Tranny. You know, I'd like to hear what Cotch, one
of my all time favorite Jets, really thinks of his former OC.

John C TX

Oct 12, 2011, 7:45:20 PM10/12/11
On Oct 12, 4:10 pm, "RävNsfän ®" <noemai...@nospam4me.org> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:c0d6f135-5f97-4720...@u4g2000prl.googlegroups.com...

Drew, Owen Daniels is teh TE. He has bounced back from injuries. I
honestly can't remember him dropping a ball that hit his hands.

>And of course Foster, the big plays
> from him, however, came mostly off broken Raiders coverage of him slipping
> out of the backfield. A little more heads up on D and that game wouldn't
> have been as close as it was for the Raiders.
>
> Jets have a difficult schedule ahead. If they can "win" back their
> confidence things will look a lot better come playoff time. Good luck
> towards that end.
>   --
>      ~Drew

The Jets obviously have to win Monday or it is over if they do that
you keep hoping.

R�vNsf�n �

Oct 12, 2011, 11:06:32 PM10/12/11
"Johnny Morongo" <Mor...@Burf.com> wrote in message

ummm... I'll have to get back to you on that John. In fact, have your people
call my people.
--
~Drew
"Talk is cheap ...lets just play"

JKConey

Oct 12, 2011, 11:13:16 PM10/12/11
If they win a couple in a row, this all means nothing.

-- JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

R�vNsf�n �

Oct 12, 2011, 11:22:18 PM10/12/11

--
I realize that John, however, Walker ran a 20 - 30 yard post pattern and
fingertip caught a bullet while jumping above his defenders fully extended.

Johnny Morongo

Oct 13, 2011, 3:22:32 AM10/13/11
On 10/12/2011 8:13 PM, JKConey wrote:

> If they win a couple in a row, this all means nothing.

Even if I give you the Fish game, what makes you think that they will
roll up a second against the 4-1 Chargers, let alone Buffalo (there),
and another round of Patty cake. Sorry, but those couple in a row seem
like pie in the sky to me. Seems more like a second three game losing
streak might be in the offing, with nary a couple of wins in a row in
sight.

Johnny Morongo

Oct 13, 2011, 3:36:50 AM10/13/11
On 10/12/2011 8:22 PM, R�vNsf�n � wrote:
> "John C TX"<johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Drew, Owen Daniels is teh TE. He has bounced back from injuries. I
> honestly can't remember him dropping a ball that hit his hands.
>
> --
> I realize that John, however, Walker ran a 20 - 30 yard post pattern and
> fingertip caught a bullet while jumping above his defenders fully extended.
> Having watched Todd Heap do that for so many years I was struck by the ease
> and grace displayed in Walker's doing so. He made several other critical
> grabs on that drive before Schaub eventually threw the game ending pick in
> the endzone.

> And of course Foster, the big plays

> from him, however, came mostly off broken Raiders coverage of him
> slipping out of the backfield. A little more heads up on D and that
game wouldn't
> have been as close as it was for the Raiders.
>
> Jets have a difficult schedule ahead. If they can "win" back their
> confidence things will look a lot better come playoff time. Good luck
> towards that end.
> --
> ~Drew

The Jets obviously have to win Monday or it is over if they do that
you keep hoping.

Forget Monday, even if they handle the Fins, which Saint Mary's School
for the Blind might even be able to do, please look at the string of 4-1
teams coming behind them. Rex the Loud better do some fast talkin'.

JKConey

Oct 13, 2011, 12:12:18 PM10/13/11
"Johnny Morongo" wrote in message news:j763js$qr1$1...@dont-email.me...

Didn’t say they would, I said IF, and a couple means 2.

-- JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

eric

Oct 13, 2011, 1:25:22 PM10/13/11
On Oct 12, 7:23 pm, Señor Patriots <roamin...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> So to me the crucial question that needs the definitive answer with
> the Jets is whether Shottenheimer's game plans and play calling are
> deficient, or whether execution is deficient, especially by the QB.

You can't tell about the QB because there are so many other problems.

Johnny Morongo

Oct 13, 2011, 5:51:45 PM10/13/11

I said "...a second three game losing streak..." I'm asking what TWO
consecutive games do you see coming up that you feel confident of
winning? Look at the schedule. Seems to me that it will be very hard
to find even one 2 game winning streak, given the perceived low morale
of the team, the Schitt scheme, the porous D and a patchwork OL.

I suggest that a reality check is in line for lots of folks here.

Tutor

Oct 13, 2011, 11:27:18 PM10/13/11
On Oct 13, 5:51 pm, Johnny Morongo <Moro...@Burf.com> wrote:
> On 10/13/2011 9:12 AM, JKConey wrote:
>

> > "Johnny Morongo" wrote in messagenews:j763js$qr1$1...@dont-email.me...
> I suggest that a reality check is in line for lots of folks here.- Hide quoted text -

Jets 7-9

3rd place

Miami 1-15: Andrew Luck

R�vNsf�n �

Oct 14, 2011, 8:39:44 AM10/14/11
Tutor <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Oct 12, 12:06�am, "R�vNsf�n �" <noemai...@nospam4me.org> wrote:
>> "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

>> :http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan

>> :...
>> :
>> :

>> : JK Sinrod
>> :www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
>>
>> --
>> Rex was well aware of Mason's disruptive actions within the Ravens
>> locker room the final season Rex was with the Ravens. Makes me think
>> that much l
> ike
>> the JETS at the time, the Texans feel they can use him more for his
>> information on the Ravens than his contributions in replacing
>> Johnson.
>>
>> Any idea yet on the draft round that was traded to the JETS?
>>
>> --
>> � � �~Drew
>>

>> � � � � � �"Talk is cheap ...lets just go play"

>> � � � � � � Johnny Unitas - Baltimore Colts
>

> conditional 7th. Jets will likely get nothing. nuttin' for nuttin.

What do a Rubik's cube and a penis have in common?

The longer you play with it, the harder it gets! LOL 8-))

graybeard

Oct 14, 2011, 9:30:09 AM10/14/11
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:40:34 -1000, Johnny Morongo <Mor...@Burf.com>
wrote:

>You know, I'd like to hear what Cotch, one
>of my all time favorite Jets, really thinks of his former OC.

Except he is too classy to open his mouth about it.
--
graybeard

Johnny Morongo

Oct 14, 2011, 2:01:13 PM10/14/11

You're probably right, Gray. But the fact that he was anxious to get
outta Dodge says a lot right there, IMHO.

graybeard

Oct 14, 2011, 2:08:46 PM10/14/11
On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:01:13 -0700, Johnny Morongo <Mor...@Burf.com>
wrote:

True, dat.
--
graybeard

John C TX

Oct 14, 2011, 3:05:17 PM10/14/11
On Oct 14, 1:01 pm, Johnny Morongo <Moro...@Burf.com> wrote:
> On 10/14/2011 6:30 AM, graybeard wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:40:34 -1000, Johnny Morongo<Moro...@Burf.com>

> > wrote:
>
> >> You know, I'd like to hear what Cotch, one
> >> of my all time favorite Jets, really thinks of his former OC.
>
> > Except he is too classy to open his mouth about it.
>
> You're probably right, Gray.  But the fact that he was anxious to get
> outta Dodge says a lot right there, IMHO.

That Rex & Tannebaum let him go was stupid. Granted he hasn't played
much with the Steelers but having 2 WR's that know the offense has to
have some value.

As for your opinion............

:)

He must have thought he would catch a bunch of balls in the last year
of his contract or overestimated his value because getting cut cost
him $1MM.

Harlan Lachman

Oct 16, 2011, 12:10:51 PM10/16/11
In article
<65bfacf3-f4e0-4fdc...@dk6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
John C TX <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 9:56 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> > "JKConey" <jkco...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > >http://www.sbnation.com/2011/10/11/2484763/derrick-mason-traded-texan...
> >
> > > JK Sinrod
> > >www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
> >
> > Well...to me this says it all...Schott has a Hell of a lot of power. Rex's
> > answer was stupid...of course he didn't catch a huge number of balls...they
> > didn't even get thrown to him...nobody on the freakin team has caught a lot
> > of balls....this team is headed in a very bad direction I think.
>
> Maybe Papa or there may be certain things that Rex just won't
> tolerate. Kerry Rhodes & Faneca are two I can think of that also are
> gone. Faneca made no sense as we were still paying. They made no
> effort to resign Edwards. Maybe because as he reported he was doing
> things in the locker room that crossed Rex' line.
>
> Maybe Schott has all this power and maybe I will be doing shampoo
> commercials in the near future. That is Johnny's signal to jump in.

Faneca sucked and saying goodbye made complete sense. He wanted much
more than he was worth and did little to nothing after he left.

Letting him go was not the problem. Not getting a decent guard to
replace him was.

In fact if we had kept him, we would be worse off than now because we
would have overpaid for almost the production we have now.

Harlan

Papa Carl

Oct 16, 2011, 2:14:48 PM10/16/11

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message
Except...he KNEW what to do...his ability had eroded, but he still knew and
understood what to do and could have helped develop his replacement perhaps.
But yes...they needed to find quality linemen and that does not seem to have
been the case at all...or they are terrible judges of talent.

John C TX

Oct 17, 2011, 11:18:55 AM10/17/11
On Oct 16, 1:14 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

> > In article
> > <65bfacf3-f4e0-4fdc-acf4-fc4761755...@dk6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
The Ducasse decision is troubling. Does someone see some glimmer of
hope? He was a 2nd rounder not a top ten 1st rounder.

John C TX

Oct 17, 2011, 11:17:45 AM10/17/11
On Oct 16, 11:10 am, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <65bfacf3-f4e0-4fdc-acf4-fc4761755...@dk6g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
Harlan you are rewriting history. I don't remember the exact numbers
but we paid him $4mm & he counted against the cap in 2010 even when we
cut him. I didn't have a problem that they made a decision as he
obviously had very little left when he made it to Phoenix but why cut
a guy when you are already paying him? Having him on the bench last
year wouldn't have been a bad thing.