Will Revis Ever Line Up for the Jets Again?

JetsLife

Aug 30, 2010, 12:34:32 AM8/30/10
I don't think so.

It appears Jets management and his side are done with each other.

All Revis cares about is $. That's his siren call. I don't blame him.
$ is often than sex.

The Jets cannot, nor ever will, cave to any one player.

Oh well. At least we have Wilson. Cromartie has been just okay.

RickyBobby

Aug 30, 2010, 1:52:31 AM8/30/10

"JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message

The entire NFL, both sides, need a much better collective bargaining
agreement.

Cromartie sucks. The Chargers got rid of him because he would not stick his
nose in there and make a tackle on the key play that knocked the Chargers
out of the playoffs.

After forty years I am starting to think that the Jets may be cursed just
like the Chicago Cubs in baseball.

papa.carl44

Aug 30, 2010, 2:11:30 PM8/30/10

"JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message
>I don't think so.
>
> It appears Jets management and his side are done with each other.
>
> All Revis cares about is $. That's his siren call. I don't blame him.
> $ is often than sex.

If you meant "better than" all I can say is either you haven't had really
good sex or I just don't care that much about money...it NEVER worked that
way for me. I think Revis has some very bad advisors and is very
misinformed.

Ray O'Hara

Aug 30, 2010, 3:19:33 PM8/30/10

"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote in message

> "JetsLife" <Jets...@aol.com> wrote in message
>>I don't think so.
>>
>> It appears Jets management and his side are done with each other.
>>
>> All Revis cares about is $. That's his siren call. I don't blame him.
>> $ is often than sex.
>
> If you meant "better than" all I can say is either you haven't had really
> good sex or I just don't care that much about money...it NEVER worked that
> way for me. I think Revis has some very bad advisors and is very
> misinformed.

lets hope he keeps getting bad advice and he keeps listening.

Harlan Lachman

Aug 30, 2010, 5:32:26 PM8/30/10
In article <udidnbxhDO7OaebR...@giganews.com>,
"papa.carl44" <papad...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:

> If you meant "better than" all I can say is either you haven't had really
> good sex or I just don't care that much about money...it NEVER worked that
> way for me. I think Revis has some very bad advisors and is very
> misinformed.

Pap, that is only true if the Jets do not cave. If they do, if they sign
him to an outrageous deal with a huge up front bonus, even after he
demonstrated no integrity when it comes to being paid well and having a
contract, OR if they trade him to a team that will pay him, then he got
good advice.

Unfortunately, the correct response is to do nothing and let him retire,
come crawling back with his greed between his legs and play out his
three years, or hope for a miracle (i.e., a reasonable compromise that
they can do like the 4 year $40 million with guarantees for injury or
performance but not both).

I think after gutting the full guarantee of the two year option (which
now cannot be replaced this year under the CBA), racking up the tens of
thousands of dollar fines, and taking a hard stance, he has to sit out
the year and hope the Jets fold.

harlan

Dano58

Aug 30, 2010, 5:50:26 PM8/30/10
On Aug 30, 5:32 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:

> Pap, that is only true if the Jets do not cave. If they do, if they sign
> him to an outrageous deal with a huge up front bonus, even after he
> demonstrated no integrity when it comes to being paid well and having a
> contract, OR if they trade him to a team that will pay him, then he got
> good advice.
>
> Unfortunately, the correct response is to do nothing and let him retire,
> come crawling back with his greed between his legs and play out his
> three years, or hope for a miracle (i.e., a reasonable compromise that
> they can do like the 4 year $40 million with guarantees for injury or
> performance but not both).
>
> I think after gutting the full guarantee of the two year option (which
> now cannot be replaced this year under the CBA), racking up the tens of
> thousands of dollar fines, and taking a hard stance, he has to sit out
> the year and hope the Jets fold.
>
> harlan

But will the Jets continue to take that hard stance if they are 0-2??
After all the talking Rex has done, seems to me they would cave.
Frankly, they gave big money to Mangold, Ferguson, Rex and Tannenbaum,
and are now 'cheapoing' on Adalius Thomas (not signing him to a
contract until after the first game so it's not guaranteed - for the
vets minimum of like $800k!). Supposedly the sticking point is the
guaranteed money for Revis. They gave decent guaranteed money to both
Mangold and Ferguson, but seems like they are balking at that with
Revis (according to reports).

But Revis should have taken the high road and come into camp like
Mangold.

Dan D
Central NJ USA

RickyBobby

Aug 30, 2010, 5:50:20 PM8/30/10

"Dano58" <dan.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Revis is fast. You cannot coach speed in training camp. Either the Jets
want him playing or they do not want him. I do not want to hear the Jets
crying poor mouth and saying that they cannot pay him. If this goes bad it
is all on the same old Jets.

papa.carl44

Aug 30, 2010, 6:18:53 PM8/30/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

Oh...that was the basis of my comment...IF the Jets fold...then it will be
just another reason to not get so interested in this game anymore. I really
hope for their sake and for the sake of the game they exercise some
integrity.

Hammer

Aug 30, 2010, 9:53:38 PM8/30/10
> Central NJ USA- Hide quoted text -

Why should the Jets guarantee any money to a guy who has shown he
doesn't honor his contract? They can pay him $20 million a year -
maybe in a year he will decide he wants $30 million a year.

The Jets need to stand firm. I don't care if they go 0-16. It will be
much more entertaining to see Revis come back crawling than to see the
Jets get to the playoffs and lose again.

At this point, if I'm the Jets, I don't want him on my team.

Harlan Lachman

Aug 30, 2010, 10:16:22 PM8/30/10
In article
Dano58 <dan.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They gave decent guaranteed money to both
> Mangold and Ferguson, but seems like they are balking at that with
> Revis (according to reports).

Dano, please reread the reports. The issue is that Revis is unwilling to
settle for the partial guarantees the Jets are allowed to offer.

Due to the CBA situation, they can only guarantee for performance or
injury, not both. Mangold reasoned that his huge salary was still a good
deal if he does not get injured so he guaranteed against injury.

If I read the Brick deal correctly, he vacillated between injury and
performance guarantees.

Revis wants a full guarantee. Since the Jets cannot do that, he wants it
all up front in a huge bonus.

Makes sense since the contract he will not honor was structured to
advance him more money in his first three years based on the bargain
this year.

Revis is being a pig. He deserves the opportunity to retire at the
height of his game.

harlan

Harlan Lachman

Aug 30, 2010, 10:17:14 PM8/30/10
In article
<c6eca5cd-3cf3-4922...@x42g2000yqx.googlegroups.com>,
Hammer <stuart.f...@gmail.com> wrote:

> At this point, if I'm the Jets, I don't want him on my team.

Actually, I hope you mean that the Jets hope he stays home. Because if
they trade or cut him, Revis wins.

Hammer

Aug 30, 2010, 11:59:40 PM8/30/10
On Aug 30, 10:17 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <c6eca5cd-3cf3-4922-818f-4aad08c64...@x42g2000yqx.googlegroups.com>,

>  Hammer <stuart.feldha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > At this point, if I'm the Jets, I don't want him on my team.
>
> Actually, I hope you mean that the Jets hope he stays home. Because if
> they trade or cut him, Revis wins.

You're right - I meant I don't want him playing for me. I definitely
wouldn't trade or cut him.

Hammer

Aug 31, 2010, 12:00:44 AM8/31/10
On Aug 30, 10:16 pm, Harlan Lachman <har...@eeivt.com> wrote:
> In article
> <4f7e1f07-1bfe-46ef-89af-2213f46c6...@l6g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

>  Dano58 <dan.dibi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > They gave decent guaranteed money to both
> > Mangold and Ferguson, but seems like they are balking at that with
> > Revis (according to reports).
>
> Dano, please reread the reports. The issue is that Revis is unwilling to
> settle for the partial guarantees the Jets are allowed to offer.
>
> Due to the CBA situation, they can only guarantee for performance or
> injury, not both. Mangold reasoned that his huge salary was still a good
> deal if he does not get injured so he guaranteed against injury.
>
> If I read the Brick deal correctly, he vacillated between injury and
> performance guarantees.
>
> Revis wants a full guarantee. Since the Jets cannot do that, he wants it
> all up front in a huge bonus.
>
> Makes sense since the contract he will not honor was structured to
> advance him more money in his first three years based on the bargain
> this year.

And this is exactly why the Jets should NOT give him a huge bonus up
front.