RIP:The Assassin

paddy_nyr

Jul 27, 2010, 2:21:43 PM7/27/10

Ray OHara

Jul 27, 2010, 3:35:43 PM7/27/10

"paddy_nyr" <philpott...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:i2n83p$rb2$1...@news.eternal-september.org...
> http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArGP3poF3sRkjF4dZtfmuphDubYF?slug=tsn-formerraiderjacktatumdies20100727

good riddance

®åvÑsfån

Jul 28, 2010, 4:17:14 PM7/28/10

"Ray OHara" <raymon...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:i2ncg0$k6e$1...@news.eternal-september.org...
F him.

Drew ~
RävNsfän ®

"...I'm sending him (RävNsfän ®) to the kill file,
I suggest the rest of you do the same".
*Strickland* - April 15, 2009

"...I guess I'll go back to my previous habit
of just ignoring your (RävNsfän ®) posts..."
*Rocky* (the nutless squirrel) - Feb 23, 2010

Michael

Jul 28, 2010, 4:42:28 PM7/28/10
On Jul 27, 3:35 pm, "Ray OHara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "paddy_nyr" <philpott.patr...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArGP3poF3sRkjF4dZtfmuphDubYF?sl...
>
> good riddance

some times i dont get it. football is supposed to be about hitting
and making people feel the pain. fand love and laud brutal hitters.
always... could you really say he was a dirty player or just trying to
cause the most impact that the rules would allow ??? i read in
interview with him and he said somthing along the lines of he got
attention in high school because he hit hard... then he got attention
in college because he hit hard... then he got to the nfl because he
hit hard... after all of that, he had bad things said about him
because he hit hard.

Ray OHara

Jul 28, 2010, 5:47:05 PM7/28/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

so he had a string of coaches who approved of dirty play culminating in the
dirtiest football coach who coached the dirtiest football team ever.
there is hitting hard and there is hitting dirty. Tatum and the Raiders in
general always hit dirty.

Michael

Jul 28, 2010, 6:38:34 PM7/28/10
On Jul 28, 5:47 pm, "Ray OHara" <raymond-oh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

i dont know if they have been the most dirty in general. i think a
lot of that had to do with the way they invented their bad-ass image.
i started watching the nfl in 1980 when i was just starting high
school, so i cant say what the raiders were like in the 1970's. in
the 80's 90's and now they dont seem to be any more dirty than other
teams. of all the watching i did, the team IMHO that did the most to
endanger the health and careers of other players was denver during the
elway years. they type of blocking that their offensive line did as a
matter of every down practice looked a lot worse to me than anything i
saw the radiers do. you had a real chance on every play of a guy
getting his knee blown out. also... a lot of the riader greats like
art shell and howie long were all very clean players. because of
their bad ass rep, other teams would also always be happy to return
the brutality. in the 80's the jets d would play like animals when
they met the raders. in the 1982 playoff game the jets had with the
raiders, the entire right sider of the lets line joe fields, dan
alexander and marvin powell beat the living shit out of the raiders
defensive line. the poor little raiders were throwing tantrums.

Ray OHara

Jul 28, 2010, 11:01:45 PM7/28/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

I do remember what the Raiders were like and under the disgusting drunk
Madden they were the dirtiest team ever.
even worse than Knoll's Steelers{another dirty team}.
It wasn't just Tatum. Vilipiano was a world class dirtbag too.

Michael

Jul 28, 2010, 11:10:27 PM7/28/10
> It wasn't just Tatum. Vilipiano was a world class dirtbag too.- Hide quoted text -

i'll agree about knoll. i was glad when he outed himself on tv for
the jack-ass that he was with that incident he had with glanville
after the oilers knocked a few of his steelers dicks in the dirt.
also agree about vilip

Harlan Lachman

Jul 29, 2010, 1:59:53 PM7/29/10
In article
<fcafd407-4744-4b91...@u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>,
Michael <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote:

> i dont know if they have been the most dirty in general.

Yes, they were.

papa.carl44

Jul 31, 2010, 11:41:35 PM7/31/10

"Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

The way they play today, dirty players are the ones who have the physicality
and skills to do it, to inflict the damage, plus they have the balls to do
it and try to get away with it. It's intimidation and it works. It's a
violent league / game and has all the potential to become even moreso I
think. Players get the lable when they allow it to become part of their
personna and advertise it.

Michael

Aug 1, 2010, 3:04:41 PM8/1/10
On Jul 31, 11:41 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:

> "Harlan Lachman" <har...@eeivt.com> wrote in message

> > In article
> > <fcafd407-4744-4b91-84cb-157b53ab6...@u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>,

> > Michael <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >> i dont know if they have been the most dirty in general.
>
> > Yes, they were.

> The way they play today, dirty players are the ones who have the physicality
> and skills to do it, to inflict the damage, plus they have the balls to do
> it and try to get away with it.  It's intimidation and it works. It's a
> violent league / game and has all the potential to become even moreso I
> think.  Players get the lable when they allow it to become part of their
> personna and advertise it.

papa... i was thinking the same thing... take big bad lyle alzado in
his big bad black raiders uniform... he acted out with his mouth all
the time and advertised himself as a violent hard case. you cant tell
me for one second that any members of the dolphins "no name" defense
with their cute little fishies on their helmets had any less ideas
about brutality than alzado or what ever other raider guy that
packaged himself up in a criminal persona. also take mangold...always
smiling in photos and saying the right things. he's a brutal player to
go against.