Re: A few thoughts at halftime...

Message has been deleted

Ian

Oct 11, 2010, 10:59:59 PM10/11/10
On Oct 12, 3:53 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Schott is still too erratic with his playcalling, especially in the red zone.
> On our first FG drive, we were moving the ball well, get to the 10, then instead of
> continuing what got us down the field, he changed up.  FG.
> Too much cute crap, which tends to kill the rhythm, in the first few series.
> First & 10 inside the 5, in a driving rain... 3 passes in a row.  FG.
> It's sometimes like Schott is 180 degrees off in his playcalling.
> I like that he's giving the players more opportunities to make plays, but the playcalling
> at key points, still doesn't reflect what's actually taking place in the moment.
> Nice that we'll be starting the 2nd half with the ball.
> And nice that, even though we should be up by more, the Vikes D should start tiring...
> they've been on the field a lot.  I'd like to see them start giving the ball to Shonn.
>
> I was hoping that Rex would start Cro on Moss, & was really happy that he did.  The D
> looks like it's starting to play, as we expected them to.  Harris is playing huge.
> And got to give props to ol' Mr Coleman... he's playing well.
>
> All in all, I'd be happier if we were up a bit more, but outside of the erratic
> playcalling, the team is starting to come together.
>
> By the way, Sanchez is really starting to mature.  His only short-point, looks to be his
> longer range accuracy.  Otherwise, nice having a solid youngun QB on our side for once  ;)

I'd like to be up by more. How much better would we be feeling if we'd
scored 1 or 2 TDs. Pretty good so far though and the weather *Schould*
mean more running the ball ...

--
Ian

Message has been deleted

Ian

Oct 11, 2010, 11:56:17 PM10/11/10
On Oct 12, 4:34 am, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Apoplectic after Brad Smith's KO return.
> Just once, I'd like Schott to take advantage of momentum, & go for the TD.
> Instead of the usual waste of the first down, why not be aggressive?
> Just never learns.

You can't start a drive on the 10 after a return and *not* get a TD.
But then, this is a top drawer D - so was the Ravens'.

--
Ian

Message has been deleted