This League sucks...makes up the rules as they go...

Papa Carl

Sep 25, 2011, 7:23:10 PM9/25/11
How many other times would that be called a TD???? How many TD's already
called this season were not reviewed and allowed??? The League has not
gotten their shit together....it should have been a TD...Seymour did not put
him down. Still...the Jets are horrible...both sides of the ball. I
seriously can not watch this crap ass football and Rex needs to shut his
mouth and coach.

Deadmeat

Sep 25, 2011, 8:00:51 PM9/25/11
His knee was down before the ball crossed the goal line. Everyone can
see it, and all TD's are reviewed. Why are there always excuses when the
jets lose?

paddy_nyr

Sep 25, 2011, 7:50:19 PM9/25/11
That was bad today. Horrible. Even if Sanchez scored it didn't
matter.

Message has been deleted

Papa Carl

Sep 25, 2011, 10:30:00 PM9/25/11

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
Was his knee down by contact???? I don't think so at all. My point if you
would learn how to read...was I've watched many games so far this year and
the interpretation of that rule is extremely inconsistent. That is the
problem. The League does not have a handle on their new rules and reviews
of TD's.

> It's no excuse, just a fact.
> There have been TDs that haven't been reviewed... like Cromartie's INT in
> the Dallas game,
> which was given to Dallas. Cromartie had possession of that ball, when
> they hit the
> ground in the endzone. Then the Dallas receiver took the ball away.
> There was no review.
> I've seen other TDs they haven't reviewed.
>
> That was Carl's point, not making any excuses. The Jets obviously
> deserved to lose the
> game.

Deadmeat

Sep 26, 2011, 3:38:35 AM9/26/11
On 9/25/2011 9:12 PM, buRford wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 20:00:51 -0400, Deadmeat<no...@home.com> wrote:
>
> It's no excuse, just a fact.
> There have been TDs that haven't been reviewed... like Cromartie's INT in the Dallas game,
> which was given to Dallas. Cromartie had possession of that ball, when they hit the
> ground in the endzone. Then the Dallas receiver took the ball away.
> There was no review.
> I've seen other TDs they haven't reviewed.
>
> That was Carl's point, not making any excuses. The Jets obviously deserved to lose the
> game.

They are reviewing everything. Just because you don't see the ref going
over to the booth, doesn't mean they aren't reviewing it. The guy
upstairs is looking at it.

Deadmeat

Sep 26, 2011, 9:12:22 AM9/26/11
On 9/25/2011 10:30 PM, Papa Carl wrote:
> "buRford"<buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

>>> His knee was down before the ball crossed the goal line. Everyone can
>>> see it, and all TD's are reviewed. Why are there always excuses when the
>>> jets lose?
>
> Was his knee down by contact???? I don't think so at all. My point if you
> would learn how to read...was I've watched many games so far this year and
> the interpretation of that rule is extremely inconsistent. That is the
> problem. The League does not have a handle on their new rules and reviews
> of TD's.

Well, maybe I need to learn how to read, but you need glasses.
Seymours hand brushed against Sanchez helmet as Sanchez was starting his
dive, so yes he was down by contact, and they did review it.

For someone that's constantly posting his resume, you should know that
EVERY team in the league has bad calls go against them and for them. In
this case, however, it was the right call.

MuahMan

Sep 26, 2011, 12:25:20 PM9/26/11
On Sep 26, 9:12 am, Deadmeat <Deadmeat> wrote:
> On 9/25/2011 10:30 PM, Papa Carl wrote:
>

> > "buRford"<buRf...@buR.ford.com>  wrote in message
Whatever the Bills had a 1 play 95 yard drive yesterday. 15 yard
penalty on the Patriots for tackling a QB too hard, 80 yard PI call on
a pass 15 yards underthrown. Whine more.

Papa Carl

Sep 26, 2011, 12:59:16 PM9/26/11

<Deadmeat> wrote in message
So what part of your meat is dead? Is it your brain, or your meat and
that's why you are nasty? I was referring to the entire freakin League !
Read the header. And...do you really think that brushed against him deal
made him go down? If that rule is applied on all occasions most guys who
make a big play after they go down on their own will get it recalled...and,
he was not down yet...he was "starting" his dive...he did not get touched
after he was down...that is the entire reason guys will come up and just tap
a player that has gone down. He brushed Seymour when he was still off the
ground. So...we can't break tackles anymore? Because if you do, and you go
down...you are down by contact...even if you take four steps afterward. He
made a lunge after he was touched...that was a football move. I realize how
it can be interpreted the way it was...but my point was if you watch enough
games you see several variations on the rules...they are more inconsistent
now than ever. Why don't you post your resume?

Deadmeat

Sep 26, 2011, 2:12:58 PM9/26/11
Make up all the scenarios you want. He was touched on the way down, his
knee hit, he's down, end of story.

Papa Carl

Sep 26, 2011, 8:11:50 PM9/26/11

<Deadmeat> wrote in message
And...how many other games have you watched where some play is either
reviewed or not reviewed, decided on or not....guys stepping out of bounds
and clearly so but because it was a score, if it got called a TD on the
field it is totally up to some clown in the booth to be alert enough to
check it...even after the TV highlights show he stepped out no call is
made...they do not know how to enforce the rules they have...and that call
on Sanchez could go either way depending on who the crew is...THAT is the
freakin point...frankly, it didn't matter...the Jets played so poorly they
didn't deserve even that score in garbage time...my point is the officiating
which was not good to start off with has gone backwards and is WAY worse
now. Who know, maybe they created it this way to generage controversy and
think that will attract more "non-football" viewers.