OT: Vick to start for Eagles

papa.carl44

Sep 21, 2010, 11:32:58 PM9/21/10
Being in Central Jersey I got the Philly news announcement that Vick has now
been named the starter. They were interviewing folks around Center
City....they all felt as though he paid his price and as long as he could
bring them a winner he should start. So....if The Jets lose without
Braylon....I guess all will be forgiven :-)

Michael

Sep 21, 2010, 11:42:19 PM9/21/10
On Sep 21, 11:32 pm, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:

i saw vick almost win their first game for them... he was running like
the old vick, passing, driving the offense... he did everyting but
boil dogs

papa.carl44

Sep 22, 2010, 6:43:09 AM9/22/10

"Michael" <mjd...@verizon.net> wrote in message

You meant hot dogs, right? In the second game he was even better, he did
look like he was back all the way. But, what ever happened to the deal
about an injury couldn't make a guy lose his job? I've always thought Andy
Reid was a strange guy, it only took him hours to change his mind. He said
Kolb was still the starter then changed his mind claiming he was not
pressured.

Michael

Sep 22, 2010, 9:33:58 AM9/22/10
On Sep 22, 6:43 am, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net>
wrote:
> "Michael" <mjd1...@verizon.net> wrote in message

i've heard a number of reasons for reid changing his mind... ownership
pressure, locker room pressure and so on... they are also worried
about their back-up center getting kolb killed. vick obviously is
better equiped to get away from the pressure. i dont know anything
about kolb, so i cant say much about the decision to go with vick. he
did look fantastic. i'd call him a singular talent just as quickly as
i'd call him a mennace