OT: Kellen Clemens one injury away from starting for Houston.

oldn...@mindspring.com

Nov 27, 2011, 11:32:06 PM11/27/11
How snake bit are they?

Message has been deleted

Papa Carl

Nov 28, 2011, 2:09:15 PM11/28/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:55aa66ce-6e31-4307...@f36g2000prj.googlegroups.com...
>> How snake bit are they?
>
> I don't have Direct TV so I walk to the local establishment & sit in
> the corner & quietly watch the Jets often with a Pats fan & Texans
> fan. They look at me like it was my fault and asked what I thought of
> Clemens. I told them if you like a guy with a strong arm on the out-
> pass, inaccurate on the long pass & who has no touch on the ball on
> short passes you will love him. Actually he could do OK int this
> offense if he has learned to throw a fade pass. It calls for quite a
> few roll outs, the line is solid, they have 2 good catching TE's, 1
> great WR & they have the best pair of RB's in the league.

I always thought Philly made a huge mistake when they let Garcia go. I
think The Texans should get him ASAP for that offense....he will not give
games away with his play. OMHO

John C TX

Nov 28, 2011, 6:28:04 PM11/28/11
On Nov 28, 1:09 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:55aa66ce-6e31-4307...@f36g2000prj.googlegroups.com...
It shows you the state of affairs with QB's when a guy who hasn't
played in the NFL for tow years is being discussed.

I agree.

Papa Carl

Nov 28, 2011, 8:58:09 PM11/28/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I watched him in the UFL...he still has the juice and moves...plus he is a
work out fanatic and would most likely be in shape. He just fits that
offense IMHO.

Michael

Nov 29, 2011, 9:03:53 AM11/29/11
On Nov 28, 8:45 am, John C TX <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > How snake bit are they?
>
> I don't have Direct TV so I walk to the local establishment & sit in
> the corner & quietly watch the Jets often with a Pats fan & Texans
> fan.  They look at me like it was my fault and asked what I thought of
> Clemens.  I told them if you like a guy with a strong arm on the out-
> pass, inaccurate on the long pass & who has no touch on the ball on
> short passes you will love him.  Actually he could do OK int this
> offense if he has learned to throw a fade pass. It calls for quite a
> few roll outs, the line is solid, they have 2 good catching TE's, 1
> great WR & they have the best pair of RB's in the league.

No-Neck has about as much chance of learning to throw a fade as Tebow
does of breaking the single season passing record. For most yards,
that is... Not the fewest.

John C TX

Nov 29, 2011, 10:52:42 AM11/29/11
On Nov 28, 7:58 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:c1445866-c94d-4bdd...@f36g2000prj.googlegroups.com...
They are evidently bringing him in as well as Delhomme. Kubiak has
made some avg QBs look good in his career. Guys like Plummer, Griese
and hell even sage Rosenfels when he played down here looked ok.

I like it.

John C TX

Nov 29, 2011, 10:52:48 AM11/29/11
:)

Papa Carl

Nov 29, 2011, 2:15:18 PM11/29/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Remember the year when Vinny went down? The did their experiment with
Meirer or whatever his name is. Then they went with Ray Lucas and won
games. Ray was not even suited up the day VT went down. However, the team
had a very good QB coach at the time...and that made the difference. I
think a lot of people totally underestimate what a good coach can do for a
QB. Kubiak is proof..and so are a few others. Doesn't it make you wonder
what the Jets might have had? Something ain't workin' out right. The kid
learned in college and he is toally stuck now. VT never looked so good as
when he became a Jet either...with that same guy tutoring him.

John C TX

Nov 29, 2011, 2:58:33 PM11/29/11
On Nov 29, 1:15 pm, "Papa Carl" <papa.c...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "John C TX" <johnctxj...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:dbd124a2-5159-4b84...@f36g2000prj.googlegroups.com...
I largely agree but he had a few good years with BB in Cleveland.

I watch Houston & wonder how would Sanchez do in that offense &
realize seeing the open guy & completing the pass is still important.
Maybe it is time. Plummer & Griese were around awhile. We don't/
didn't have the time for Sanchez to be a slow in development or have
the current offensive coaches.

I still think Pennington will make a hell of a QB & ultimately an OC.

Papa Carl

Nov 29, 2011, 3:16:09 PM11/29/11

"John C TX" <johnc...@gmail.com> wrote in message
And BB is a good teacher too....we know that.

I watch Houston & wonder how would Sanchez do in that offense &
realize seeing the open guy & completing the pass is still important.
Maybe it is time. Plummer & Griese were around awhile. We don't/
didn't have the time for Sanchez to be a slow in development or have
the current offensive coaches.

I still think Pennington will make a hell of a QB & ultimately an OC.
He is smart and educated smart...with plenty of football smarts....he would
be great I'd expect.