Re: Holmes crap is starting...

Message has been deleted

Glenn Greenstein

Apr 30, 2010, 2:40:02 PM4/30/10
On Apr 30, 1:52 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> [...]
> it.  The Jets may need to hire a chaperone for this guy.
>
> Report: 'Disruptive' Jets receiver Holmes escorted off flight in Pittsburgh
> NYPOST.COM STAFF
> Last Updated: 1:38 PM, April 30, 2010
>
> New Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes had to be escorted off a plane Thursday night at
> Pittsburgh International Airport, according to television station WPXI.
>
> The report says, "Investigators said it the incident happened shortly after 9 p.m. They
> said Holmes wasn't arrested but was escorted off the plane for what investigators call
> being a 'disruptive passenger.'"
>
> Holmes was on a flight from Newark to Pittsburgh.
>
> KDKA TV in Pittsburgh reports, "Holmes was apparently told he had to turn off his iPod,
> but he refused -- at which time he was removed from the flight. After he spoke with
> officials, he said he understood and was allowed back on the plane."
>
> Sources told The Post that Holmes was on his way to Las Vegas to see the Floyd
> Mayweather-Shane Mosley fight.
>
> Jets coach Rex Ryan said today he has not spoken to Holmes but planned to call him.
>
> "Sounds like it was kind of blown out of proportion by some media outlets," Ryan said.
> "Don't think it's as big as it was made out to be."
>
> Ryan did say, "Yes, he should have turned off his iPod."
>
> Holmes, 26, is suspended for the first four games of this coming season for violating the
> NFL's drug policy.
>
> The MVP of Super Bowl XLIII was traded by the Steelers to the Jets this month in exchange
> for a fifth-round draft pick. After the trade, Steelers president Art Rooney II said,
> "Clearly, Santonio is a very talented football player, but his multiple violations of
> league policies and the additional off-the-field problems led us to conclude that it would
> be in the best interest of our organization to part ways."
>
> This winter, Holmes was involved in an altercation in a Florida night club when he was
> accused of throwing a glass at a woman. WPXI says, "In 2008, Holmes was arrested for
> possession of marijuana, and he was involved in a domestic violence incident in 2006. The
> misdemeanor charges were dismissed."
>
> At his introduction with the Jets, Holmes said repeatedly he was ready to take
> responsibility for his behavior.
>
> "I'm just accountable for my actions, and right now, I'm accountable for what happened and
> I'm ready to move forward to start a new career here with the Jets," Holmes said on April
> 12.
>
> Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum said then the Jets made the deal with Pittsburgh "with our eyes
> wide open."
>
> "We understand there are significant risks, but we thought the price was reasonable and
> the risk was reasonable," Tannenbaum said.
>
> Tannenbaum said the Jets were willing to gamble on Holmes because the club feels it has a
> strong support system in place and that a player of Holmes' caliber would not have been

Some how I don't think not powering down an Ipod on a plain when asked
to are grounds for dismissal, I mean I have seen people making phone
calls during take off and not get escorted off a plain even after they
ignored the attendant and continued the conversation.

Deadmeat

Apr 30, 2010, 3:11:07 PM4/30/10

Well, if he was on a "plain" then it wouldn't have been a problem.
However, it was on a plane...

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

Apr 30, 2010, 5:27:35 PM4/30/10

"Glenn Greenstein" <lex...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Me too....so what else is happening here?

Glenn Greenstein

Apr 30, 2010, 5:36:17 PM4/30/10

Yeah, I noticed that after I hit send. Shoot me.

Ritchie

Apr 30, 2010, 6:28:07 PM4/30/10
> ignored the attendant and continued the conversation.- Hide quoted text -

That's not the point. The point is that he has got to learn to follow
the rules just like others have to. He is not special, I already wish
he wasn't here. If its the airlines rule not to have devices on then
he should do what he is told. I wish he would have been arrested so
that Tanny, Ryan and Woody would have realized the mistake they made
by bringing this moron here. This guy is going to be nothing but
trouble unless he grows the hell up. Typical street/thug mentality.
And no I wouldn't like or cheer for him even if he caught the winning
TD in a SB for the Jets. I would cheer for Sanchez or whoever the QB
that threw the TD was.

Deadmeat

Apr 30, 2010, 6:37:47 PM4/30/10

I know, it was a mistake, plane and simple.

A J

Apr 30, 2010, 7:14:14 PM4/30/10

> Well, if he was on a "plain" then it wouldn't have been a problem.
> However, it was on a plane...

First, I must thank the spelling police for their diligence (sp?)

Having said that, I agree with Glenn, this seems almost contrived.

I have been reprimanded, personally, for failing to cease cell phone
use,
but I've never been escorted.

I must say, it's curious to me that, apparently, the flight originated
in Newark,
I believe, but it wasn't until Pitt that the problem arose.

He wasn't arrested, so he committed no crime. he was only made to take
the
perp walk, so to speak.

I guess he respected all regulations in N J, but decided to behave
differently
in Pittsburgh.

I'm not sure exactly where the truth lies, but I have to think this is
being
hyped, to at least some degree.

I also see a benefit to the Pitt organization as the Pitt fans read
this chronicle with their
morning coffee.

Politics, possibly?

Just my opinion.............

A J

Message has been deleted

Tutor

Apr 30, 2010, 9:55:18 PM4/30/10
Allegheny Police: Early Holmes Story Untrue
Published: 04-30-10
By Randy Lange
email article Editor-in-Chief

Friday morning reports on a Pittsburgh TV station Website and other
Internet outlets regarding an airline incident allegedly involving
Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes on Thursday night are not true,
according to the Allegheny County, Pa., Police Department.

"As previously reported, [Santonio] Holmes was NOT removed from any
airplane (4/29/2010)," a media release from the police department
read. "He was asked to remove his Ipod (at one point), in which he
complied. There's no further information to report."

Jets head coach Rex Ryan was asked about the reports (some of which
were corrected this afternoon) at his midday news conference in
between rookie minicamp practices.

"I know what's been told to me. It kind of got blown out of proportion
by some media outlets," Ryan said. "I don't think it's as big as
what's been out there."

Pressed on if he was concerned about what the reports might say about
Holmes, the coach said, "The version I got is much different than the
version you got or what's on the Internet. To comment on that is
probably not right."

Ryan also praised Holmes, who came over in a trade with the Pittsburgh
Steelers on April 12, for his work as a Jet.

"Santonio around here has been tremendous, at the voluntary workouts,
competitive-wise in all the drills," he said. "The thing that really
jumps out at me is how he's been in the classroom, with Mark Sanchez,
Brian Schottenheimer. He takes great notes. He's been tremendous in
the building."
__________________

Johnny Morongo

May 1, 2010, 2:01:56 AM5/1/10
On Apr 30, 4:34 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> Mea Culpa!
> I did what I normally don't do... jump to conclusions, based on a media report.
> Turns out Holmes did comply with the request to turn off his iPod.
>
> ... walkin' off with tail between legs (a softball)  ...

Waaaay to easy.

Message has been deleted

Deadmeat

May 1, 2010, 12:39:43 PM5/1/10
On 4/30/2010 7:14 PM, A J wrote:

>> Well, if he was on a "plain" then it wouldn't have been a problem.
>> However, it was on a plane...
>
> First, I must thank the spelling police for their diligence (sp?)

He spelled it write, he just didn't use it in the wright context. And I
was just jerking his chain a little, that's all.

A J

May 1, 2010, 1:28:50 PM5/1/10

Fair enough

Tutor

May 1, 2010, 3:21:09 PM5/1/10

Rex Ryan spoke to Santonio Holmes, and got his side of the story about
what happened during a flight to Pittsburgh that was met on the ground
by local police officers.

Holmes said that he was sleeping in the back of the plane as the
flight attendant woke him and asked him to turn off his iPod. He told
Ryan that he did, but didn't take out his earbuds. When the flight
attendant returned, she asked him again and he said he had already
complied, taking the earbuds out and having a woman sitting next to
him confirm that there was no sound coming out.

When he arrived in Pittsburgh, Holmes told Ryan that he cooperated
with the officers.

"When Santonio told me, I believed him," Ryan said.

That version of events would explain why the incident report filed on
Thursday night with the Allegheny County Police Department states that
a flight attendant reported Holmes did not turn off his iPod when
asked, but that a later email from the same department said Holmes
complied with the request.

The conflicting information -- did he turn off the iPod or not -- led
to some confusion yesterday as the story broke. Neither document
claims that Holmes had been disruptive or was taken off the plane by
police, which was initially reported by WPXI in Pittsburgh.

After all this talk of iPods and earbuds, Holmes should see if he can
get an endorsement deal with Apple.

papa.carl44

May 1, 2010, 11:38:09 PM5/1/10

"Tutor" <dcat...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Can you tell me why some passengers are allowed to wear sleep masks and put
in ear plugs...but he can't have his ear buds in???? This sounds to me like
the flight attendant was looking for something to create a problem with.

Message has been deleted

papa.carl44

May 2, 2010, 1:36:25 AM5/2/10

"buRford" <buR...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message
> I'd cut her/him some slack. They're not that bright, and they have to
> deal with a lot of
> tense, uptight people... not to mention all the craziness 9-11 brought to
> our passenger
> aviation system. Maybe she has to report any minor occurrence, out of the
> ordinary?

What I'm saying is the last time I flew there were several very "straight"
types with their sleep masks and ear plugs...asleep...but they were all
juiced up about some kids with ear buds in....if you can't hear what is
coming out of them why?? I'm guessing some half wit manual says that and
never even thought of the ear plug deals. I hate to fly in general, I
always seem to wind up sick.

Message has been deleted

Glenn Greenstein

May 3, 2010, 1:35:55 PM5/3/10
On May 2, 9:36 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2 May 2010 01:36:25 -0400, "papa.carl44" <papadotc...@nospamverizon.net> wrote:
>
> >"buRford" <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote in message

> I used to fly a lot, and always had a walkman in my ear.
> No problems.
> I suspect it has more to do, with the possibility that some kind of radio signals, could
> interfere with the plane's radio system?

I just can't believe this was actually picked up as a news story. I
should have been in the news at least 4 or 5 times if this is the
case.

Message has been deleted

Glenn Greenstein

May 7, 2010, 4:20:35 PM5/7/10
On May 6, 12:32 pm, buRford <buRf...@buR.ford.com> wrote:
> It's just the state of the Media these days.  Gossip & Entertainment has become news.
> About a decade ago, I was working in the Media, and often had to watch the Today show, to
> review the talent (Roker, Curry, etc).  Most of the segments were news related.
> Fast forward to today... I happened to turn by Today (and all the morning shows), this
> morning.  Nothing about the Oil Spill, Times Sq, Greece, any of the big news stories...
> just cooking, stars, gossip.
> Sad...

There's a market for that too and I really have no problem with it.
you want real news watch a real news show. Today is something the
wives to watch after hubby has gone to work.

Message has been deleted

Johnny Morongo

May 8, 2010, 3:54:29 PM5/8/10
buRford wrote:
> Point is, that's the way it is now.
> As for finding real news, not much out there other than Lehrer & BBC.
> Actually, the Daily Show has more news than most alleged news programming ;)

Y'all might find much stuff on Rense.com offensive, as I do, but many of
the news stories he links to are perpetually outside the purview of the
corporate media. The topics covered should be of interest to all but
the most ostrich like JCs out there.